PDA

View Full Version : Commando 14.7 DM500 Release

Pages : [1] 2 3

PaphosAL
27th January, 2013, 06:25 PM
Sorry it was so long in coming, but we hope it was worth the wait. As always, FTA only and contains no softcams nor keys.

What's new?

Set My Location makeover- much easier and more intuitive now. DO THAT FIRST!
Some new GUI Themes to try, including the Classic neutrino from dBox2
Selectable default Audio- English ~ NAR ~ AC3
RT-EPG load via the GUI is now 'clean' with no annoying popups
Reboot plugin dropped (Reboot available in Timer 'Types' instead)
If AutoBouquets is on a Timer, box is woken up if in Standby Mode
yWeb is now 100% English, and the virtual Remote is back!
Two DM500 remotes to try on your Android device (see the new yWeb doc)
A new option to have all the +1 channels (bar Movies) in their own Bouquet
A new Digital Radio bouquet, to avoid issues going to Radio Mode with 'Others' OFF
Fix for the vanilla "ITV" names- we've given you back your ITV regionals!
New set of solid ITV picons for ITV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4 channels, including +1
Main Menu has a new Utilities Menu, including Online Updates. Check it out!
Heavily updated help docs covering SML, AutoBouquets, GetEPG, RT-EPG
New help docs for Bouquet Customizing and yWeb. All in /var/etc/info and the rar pack

The Icing on the Cake

GetEPG Autogen no longer just logs any unmapped channels it finds. It now automatically calls GetEPG AddNew to zap to that channel and scan for it's EPG ID with dvbsnoop. It can tell the differerence between a new channel and one that's been renamed, and edits the user mapfile accordingly, on the fly!

If it's a renamed channel, it edits the existing line. For a new channel, it appends a new data line to the end of the correct bouquet section. Plus it's all reported in detail in a logfile in the /var/log folder, and a summary at the end of the usermap. See the docs for full details.

Package contents:

The image, with bang up to date services and bouquets (as at Sun 27 Jan 2013)
A special lib file needed by mgcamd and evocamd users only
Ein Kabel-Deutschland paket f?r unsere Deutschen freunde mit Kabel
A rar pack containing all 8 help documents (also readable from /var/etc/info in TuxCom)

ENJOY! PaphosAL ~ Renwich ~ LraiZer ~ Satsearching :sleep:

================================

UPDATE: Wednesday 23rd October 2013 - based on our newbuild of 21st October for the latest online root update, we thought we might as well add a fully updated image.

This is FTA and child-friendly, with today's services and bouquets for the London area. Of course, at startup, you'll be prompted to go to the Set My Location menu to tell C14.7 where you are in the UK or ROI. (after which, run AutoBouquets to apply those settings). Users in London (or not on 28.2E) can ignore that bit, and you won't get nagged by SML after subsequent reboots.

The latest maps for GetEPG and RT-EPG have been done as well, and Ronan's "Sky HD" is set as the default GUI theme. Please backup any vital stuff from your existing image before flashing this one!

Cheers! TC

teds
29th January, 2013, 09:25 PM
brilliant image lads
big thanks to all the team
for all your hard work
hope i aint missed anyone out
TEDS.
PaphosAL ~ Renwich ~ LraiZer ~ Satsearching

PaphosAL
30th January, 2013, 06:28 PM
Cor blimey! 3 days after release, 26 downloads (at this point of time) and virtually no feedback whatsover here on D-K...

This suggests that this image is either very good indeed, or dead the opposite!

:confused:

titchmc
30th January, 2013, 07:12 PM
image is working great no complaints from me thanks for all the hard work put in much appreciated

smirnoff_rules
30th January, 2013, 08:02 PM
great image lads up and running in minutes ,.. A1 image , a must for any dm500

lfc84
30th January, 2013, 09:18 PM
the info.rar looks very useful - i will take a more in depth look in the next week or so when i get time

one question - i have set my region to be scotland. but, is it possible for me to see rte one in the bouquet somewhere? its not in regional.

mickb82
30th January, 2013, 11:01 PM
Hi,

Can anyone recomend the best settings for successful recording. I have been trying different settings over the last few days, the recordings seem to record and are on my network drive but im unable to play them, they wont load in VLC or my LG Blu-Ray player and on my Dreambox when I try to play the file there is a popup box flashing buffering but the file never loads.

My current settings are:

Directory Permissions- 755
Ringbuffer Size- 2 MB
Maximum File size (MB)- 2048
Write Synchronous (O_SYNC)- off
Write Synchronous (fdatasync)- off
Record VideoText- off
Record Subtitles- off

I record to a usb drive connected to my router. This is setup details for the router are:

Type- CIFS
Local Directory /mnt/cf
Mount On Starup- Yes
Mount Options- rw,soft,udp
Mount options- nlock,rsize=8192,wsize=8192

The USb drive is formatted in NTFS format.

I had this problem on 14.6 as well, the update has made no difference.

Any help would be appreciated and also could someone tell me what write synchronous (O_SYNC) & (fastdata), ringbuffer and the network mount options mean please.

Thanks

Mick:bird:

mtv1
30th January, 2013, 11:20 PM
i've tried it today for the first time commando

i was impressed with the setup epg ..

the one only thing is that you can't scan for channels as lfc84 reported ;)

and had to manually input the magic no download section for a noob would be a nightmare ..

overall do i'll give it 8/10 great effort :)

bannthemman
31st January, 2013, 09:35 AM
thanks very much for all your hard work.... how do i add softcam to this image.... this stuff is all new to me so dont flame me please..

Thank you in advance

PaphosAL
31st January, 2013, 11:44 AM
thanks very much for all your hard work.... how do i add softcam to this image.... this stuff is all new to me so dont flame me please..

Thank you in advance

Read the Softcams section of the Hints and Tips.txt doc :)

PaphosAL
31st January, 2013, 11:56 AM
the info.rar looks very useful - i will take a more in depth look in the next week or so when i get time

one question - i have set my region to be scotland. but, is it possible for me to see rte one in the bouquet somewhere? its not in regional.

By default, Rupert doesn't want us in UK to see the Irish channels in his bouquets. Which is a bit unkind, given all the Continental and African / Asian channels he does let us see.

Strictly speaking, the Irish channels wouldn't belong in the "Regional" bouquet in any case, as the Republic of Ireland is not a region in the UK, but a different country completely! So let's add the four Irish channels to the very top of the "International" bouquet where they belong (and where BSkyB should really have them, too!).

Simply append these lines to your /var/tuxbox/config/local.scan file:

add_above "1" "B4U Movies" "RTE One"
add_above "1" "B4U Movies" "RTE TWO"
add_above "1" "B4U Movies" "TV3"
add_above "1" "B4U Movies" "3e"

Your mods will take effect after your next run of AutoBouquets

Cheers- AL :)

lfc84
31st January, 2013, 02:12 PM
Simply append these lines to your /var/tuxbox/config/local.scan file:

add_above "1" "B4U Movies" "RTE One"
add_above "1" "B4U Movies" "RTE TWO"
add_above "1" "B4U Movies" "TV3"
add_above "1" "B4U Movies" "3e"

Your mods will take effect after your next run of AutoBouquets

If I create a bouquet named "Irish" and allocated the 4 channels into it, what would the effect be on the autobouquets that run on a timer?

Would it stop the bouquets being up to date? And will the new bouqiet named "Irish" disapear after autobouquets run ? Or if I use your suggestion of using the International bouquet would they channels be removed from the International bouquet after runnign autobouquet ?

mickb82
31st January, 2013, 04:38 PM
Hi,

Can anyone recomend the best settings for successful recording. I have been trying different settings over the last few days, the recordings seem to record and are on my network drive but im unable to play them, they wont load in VLC or my LG Blu-Ray player and on my Dreambox when I try to play the file there is a popup box flashing buffering but the file never loads.

My current settings are:

Directory Permissions- 755
Ringbuffer Size- 2 MB
Maximum File size (MB)- 2048
Write Synchronous (O_SYNC)- off
Write Synchronous (fdatasync)- off
Record VideoText- off
Record Subtitles- off

I record to a usb drive connected to my router. This is setup details for the router are:

Type- CIFS
Local Directory /mnt/cf
Mount On Starup- Yes
Mount Options- rw,soft,udp
Mount options- nlock,rsize=8192,wsize=8192

The USb drive is formatted in NTFS format.

I had this problem on 14.6 as well, the update has made no difference.

Any help would be appreciated and also could someone tell me what write synchronous (O_SYNC) & (fastdata), ringbuffer and the network mount options mean please.

Thanks

Mick:bird:

I have tried a few different settings and I think the problem is something to do with audio. I scheduled a Sky 1 program to record today and it played fine but it recorded the NAR audio so there was no sound. I also recorded a film from Sky Movies and that just flashed buffering like I mentioned in my previous post. I think the problem is with the multiple audio streams on some channels.

Does anyone know how to fix this or change some settings to disable all audio tracks except the standard audio stream?

Thanks

Mick

PaphosAL
31st January, 2013, 04:45 PM
If I create a bouquet named "Irish" and allocated the 4 channels into it, what would the effect be on the autobouquets that run on a timer?

Your new "Irish" bouquet will vanish! Read the AutoBouquets doc please!

Would it stop the bouquets being up to date? And will the new bouqiet named "Irish" disapear after autobouquets run ? Or if I use your suggestion of using the International bouquet would they channels be removed from the International bouquet after runnign autobouquet ?

AutoBouquets reads in the local.scan file each and every time it runs. So those 4 new channels will always be at the top of "International" bouquet.

But you can if you wish add them to the top of the "Regional" bouquet by using the first channel name that appears in there as your target marker, instead of "B4U Movies". In theory, as you set Scotland in SML, that first channel will be "BBC 1 Wales" ??? But correct me if I'm wrong.

Adding NEW bouquets to AutoBouquets is not for the faint-hearted, as I discovered when adding the new "Plus 1hr Channels" bouquet option... Steer clear!

PaphosAL
31st January, 2013, 08:43 PM
I have tried a few different settings and I think the problem is something to do with audio. I scheduled a Sky 1 program to record today and it played fine but it recorded the NAR audio so there was no sound. I also recorded a film from Sky Movies and that just flashed buffering like I mentioned in my previous post. I think the problem is with the multiple audio streams on some channels.

Does anyone know how to fix this or change some settings to disable all audio tracks except the standard audio stream?

Thanks

Mick

YES! The easiest way to sort this issue is to run the AutoBouquets NOW! plugin as a daily Timer at a time in the morning that suits you. After it's done it's work, an auto-Reboot occurs. Which invokes OUR audio.pid library and not the jumbled NAR . AC3 crap that Rupert shoves down the stream on a normal scan.

Audio = English (not NAR or AC3) is the default setting for c14.7 and is a NEW feature.

lfc84
31st January, 2013, 09:36 PM
you can if you wish add them to the top of the "Regional" bouquet by using the first channel name that appears in there as your target marker

I've done that and I'm very pleased with the result. I can now see the four irish channels in the "Regional" Bouquet.

I see that there are some sly sports channels in the "Regional" bouquet.

To get rid of them do i just add the following to /var/tuxbox/config/local.scan:

delete "1" "Sky"
delete "2" "Sky Sports 1"

Will this only remove them from "Regional".

I'm using "1" for "Sky" since I think its the first occurence in any bouquet and "2" for "Sky Sports 1" since I dont want to remove it from the "Sports" bouquet

smirnoff_rules
31st January, 2013, 09:41 PM
birmingham backup . info in text file

lfc84
31st January, 2013, 09:45 PM
I've read the info txt files.

Q. Can I run Autobouquets on a daily Timer, while I'm still asleep?

A. Certainly! Firstly, go BLUE > BLUE > BLUE > GREEN to make your EPG autoload
60 seconds after boot. Now, say you get up at 07:00 each day. Create a new Daily
Timer (BLUE > YELLOW) for 06:30 - Type: Run Plugin - toggle Schedule Timer from
ONCE to DAILY - Select Plugin: AutoBouquets and finally- RED to Save Timer.

Is this correct setting? If I'm in the correct place it doesnt mention the 60 seconds (just yes/no)

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4268/26977550.png

mickb82
1st February, 2013, 07:40 AM
YES! The easiest way to sort this issue is to run the AutoBouquets NOW! plugin as a daily Timer at a time in the morning that suits you. After it's done it's work, an auto-Reboot occurs. Which invokes OUR audio.pid library and not the jumbled NAR . AC3 crap that Rupert shoves down the stream on a normal scan.

Audio = English (not NAR or AC3) is the default setting for c14.7 and is a NEW feature.

Thanks for the reply Al.
I checked audio settings and made sure AC3 was turned off, checked recording audio settings and made sure default audio was selected I then ran AutoBouqets NOW and the Auto EPG and scheduled 2 recordings to record through the night.
I checked this morning and they have recorded but still won't play. I looked at the .xml file and it looks like its still recordeding the NAR audio stream. This is the extract from the .xml file

<audiopids selected="655">
<audio name="NAR" pid="655"/>
<audio name="English" pid="645"/>
</audiopids>

Is there a way I can modify some files through FTP so that only the English audio is selected?

Thanks again for your help,

Mick"/>

PaphosAL
1st February, 2013, 12:50 PM
@lfc84: Yes, that's the correct menu- just hit GREEN to make it Load GetEPG at Startup? > Yes
There's only so much line length to play with in shellexec menus! But the 60 second delay IS mentioned in the docs. The reason for it is simple: after a reboot and when the picture, sound and infobar appear, there is still a lot going on behind the scenes in memory. A null-modem cable bootlog from HyperTerminal reveals this.

So the delay is to let the box settle down before GetEPG and sectionsd start hogging the system.

@mick: I've just checked this morning's AutoBouquets (and audio.pid) results in case Sly have changed any of the Movies audio sources since building our libraries. All the movies are on English, with none on NAR or AC3. So Christ knows where your recording setup is selecting NAR from?

What is the xml file you refer to? Can we see a copy please?

Cheers- AL :confused:

PaphosAL
1st February, 2013, 02:19 PM
I've done that and I'm very pleased with the result. I can now see the four irish channels in the "Regional" Bouquet.

I see that there are some sly sports channels in the "Regional" bouquet.

To get rid of them do i just add the following to /var/tuxbox/config/local.scan:

delete "1" "Sky"
delete "2" "Sky Sports 1"

Will this only remove them from "Regional".

I'm using "1" for "Sky" since I think its the first occurence in any bouquet and "2" for "Sky Sports 1" since I dont want to remove it from the "Sports" bouquet

Oh ye of little faith... I've just tested your theories with a custom AutoBouquets run and am delighted to confirm that it works spot on!

delete "1" "Sky" <<--deletes the one and only occurrence in bouquets

delete "2" "Sky Sports 1" <<-- deletes the 2nd occurrence in Regional only, keeping the one in Sports

Cheers- AL ;)

mickb82
1st February, 2013, 05:16 PM
@mick: I've just checked this morning's AutoBouquets (and audio.pid) results in case Sly have changed any of the Movies audio sources since building our libraries. All the movies are on English, with none on NAR or AC3. So Christ knows where your recording setup is selecting NAR from?

Hi,

I have just ran the AutoBouqets NOW and AutoEPG plug in and the audio options are show in the picture below:
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss149/mickb1982/TVScreen.jpg

mickb82
1st February, 2013, 05:21 PM

An XML file is created every time I record something on my USB drive, this is a screen shot:
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss149/mickb1982/XMLScreenShot.jpg

I have tried a few other things and when I do a manual record it selects English and the record works fine but when I do a scheduled record it selects NAR and the recordings won't play.

Is there a way to block or remove NAR option from scheduled recordings?

Thanks again for your help

Mick

mickb82
1st February, 2013, 05:46 PM
Is there a way to block or remove NAR option from scheduled recordings?

Thanks again for your help

Mick

I have just connected to the box with the FTP client and opened var\tuxbox\config\neutrino.conf and in that file in the audio section it said default audio=1 but in the recording section it said default audio=0. I have changed the recording default to 1 and scheduled a recording for 5pm on sly sports so I will see if that makes any difference.

PaphosAL
1st February, 2013, 07:53 PM
I have just connected to the box with the FTP client and opened var\tuxbox\config\neutrino.conf and in that file in the audio section it said default audio=1 but in the recording section it said default audio=0. I have changed the recording default to 1 and scheduled a recording for 5pm on sly sports so I will see if that makes any difference.

Ah- you might have found the culprit by the SOUND of it (pardon the pun)

But you'll need to go Main Menu > Services (1) > Restart Neutrino (3) to make that hard edit in neutrino.conf become applicable, else the audio=0 for recordings (NAR) will still be in memory and will spoil your test, causing pulling out of hair, LOL!

Apart from that observation, good luck tonight! I just checked the available audio sources on Sly Sports and there are two: NAR and English - so your test should be a difinitive one.

If you get this working, and fancy writing a tute for it, we'll happily incdude it in online updates, credited to you of course! Lot's of peeps struggle in this area (which is one I've never even toyed with), so good things might come out of it!

Cheers- AL ;)

PaphosAL
1st February, 2013, 08:15 PM
@mike: Just had a horrible thought... Did you edit neutrino.conf 'live' in the image using the internal text editor of your FTP program? If so, it might be corrupted with DOS/Windows EOL tags added.

RECOVERY:

BLUE > 1 for TuxCom
navigate to the neutrino.conf file
press 4 for Edit
if you see loads of [] square markers at the end of every line, oh oh...
(Linux doesn't like these)
press BLUE for the [to Linux format] tool
Voil?! All those corrupting codes vanish!
SAVE and exit TuxCom

and now restart Neutrino, phew...

Can you please post the two lines you're on about in that file? I think I see the one in the Recording section, but not the other

mickb82
2nd February, 2013, 01:02 AM
@mike: Just had a horrible thought... Did you edit neutrino.conf 'live' in the image using the internal text editor of your FTP program? If so, it might be corrupted with DOS/Windows EOL tags added.

RECOVERY:

BLUE > 1 for TuxCom
navigate to the neutrino.conf file
press 4 for Edit
if you see loads of [] square markers at the end of every line, oh oh...
(Linux doesn't like these)
press BLUE for the [to Linux format] tool
Voil?! All those corrupting codes vanish!
SAVE and exit TuxCom

and now restart Neutrino, phew...

Can you please post the two lines you're on about in that file? I think I see the one in the Recording section, but not the other

Well I have given up. Spend the last 4 hours trying everything, changed every audio related file through FTP, had to re-flash twice due to changing things I shouldnt have changed, tried every setting possible on the box. It records fine manually but whenever a timer is set it records NAR audio stream regardless of settings.

PaphosAL
2nd February, 2013, 07:43 PM
Well I have given up. Spend the last 4 hours trying everything, changed every audio related file through FTP, had to re-flash twice due to changing things I shouldnt have changed, tried every setting possible on the box. It records fine manually but whenever a timer is set it records NAR audio stream regardless of settings.

NEVER GIVE UP!!! I think you're trying to outsmart the box, and two reflashes suggests to me that you're fumbling around like a headless chicken, LOL! Try taking a more leisurely 'softlty softly catchee monkey' approach, like we do, m8...

Try once more, please, via the MENU system, it might just work?

MENU > Settings > Recording > BLUE (Default audio stream)
Down button to highlight 'Record standard stream'
Hit OK to toggle Yes to No (so now they all read No)
EXIT > RED (Activate changes)
EXIT > RED (Save settings)

and then try recording a sly sports prog again?

Because when I just tested this, I looked at neutrino.conf first on line #270:

recording_audio_pids_default=1

and after the above EXACT menu sequence, I now see this:

recording_audio_pids_default=0

But it might just have done it in a way that's been eluding your approach?

Good luck! Cheers- AL :)

mickb82
2nd February, 2013, 11:27 PM
NEVER GIVE UP!!! I think you're trying to outsmart the box, and two reflashes suggests to me that you're fumbling around like a headless chicken, LOL! Try taking a more leisurely 'softlty softly catchee monkey' approach, like we do, m8...

Try once more, please, via the MENU system, it might just work?

MENU > Settings > Recording > BLUE (Default audio stream)
Down button to highlight 'Record standard stream'
Hit OK to toggle Yes to No (so now they all read No)
EXIT > RED (Activate changes)
EXIT > RED (Save settings)

and then try recording a sly sports prog again?

Because when I just tested this, I looked at neutrino.conf first on line #270:

recording_audio_pids_default=1

and after the above EXACT menu sequence, I now see this:

recording_audio_pids_default=0

But it might just have done it in a way that's been eluding your approach?

Good luck! Cheers- AL :)

Thanks Al,

I have tried that along with all the other combinations of yes/no from the three options, works fine for normal manual records but scheduled records always revert to the NAR audio stream on sports and movies.

Ive been trying various other images today, non look anywhere near as good as commando but I seem to be having more luck with scheduled recordings on some of the other images available.

Ill keep playing around when I get chance and if all else fails ill just have to get the DVD recorder out of the loft!!

Thanks for your help.

Cheers Mick.

PaphosAL
3rd February, 2013, 11:27 AM
Mike- have you tried a NO - YES - NO combination? We know that the first one switches standard (NAR) audio from 1 to 0 - Off.

But the second option- 'use alternative audio' looks interesting, given that the third option is AC3. When I swithed 'alternative to ON and saved, default audio pids for Recording in neutrino.conf now reads 2

My theory is that the only alternative audio to NAR and AC3 is the one you want- English! I cannot see any way in which recording manually and on a scheduled Timer should affect the source Audio used. But let's leave no stone unturned...

Please try that setting and save it twice, by activating it in the Recoding menu, then Red to save settings back in the Settings menu. Then set and save a dummy one-off timer recording for later today. Please attach your timerd.conf file 'as' timer.txt (to make it nice and easy).

It will be very interesting to see if there is any audio-related settings in there.

mickb82
4th February, 2013, 01:24 AM
Mike- have you tried a NO - YES - NO combination? We know that the first one switches standard (NAR) audio from 1 to 0 - Off.

But the second option- 'use alternative audio' looks interesting, given that the third option is AC3. When I swithed 'alternative to ON and saved, default audio pids for Recording in neutrino.conf now reads 2

My theory is that the only alternative audio to NAR and AC3 is the one you want- English! I cannot see any way in which recording manually and on a scheduled Timer should affect the source Audio used. But let's leave no stone unturned...

Please try that setting and save it twice, by activating it in the Recoding menu, then Red to save settings back in the Settings menu. Then set and save a dummy one-off timer recording for later today. Please attach your timerd.conf file 'as' timer.txt (to make it nice and easy).

It will be very interesting to see if there is any audio-related settings in there.

Al,

I have tried everything you suggested but nothing has worked. I have found a new audio option in the timer recordings, its not there when you schedule a recording but if you go back into it and edit it there is an audio option. Ive tried all these and combinations of them but recordings still don't work.

I have tried several different images recording worked on these but I wasnt really happy with the images compared to commando.

So I have now installed commando 14 and recordings work fine in this version, ive scheduled a recording in the night just to be sure then tommorrow i'm going to try the newer versions and I will just use the latest version that works.

I will update you once ive tested all the versions.

Cheers

Mick

PaphosAL
4th February, 2013, 11:52 AM
If you find a clear break between version numbers, for example, Timer Recordings work in C14.4 but not in C14.5 - let us know, and we'll try and backtrack to find what was changed and maybe fix it.

mickb82
4th February, 2013, 04:52 PM
If you find a clear break between version numbers, for example, Timer Recordings work in C14.4 but not in C14.5 - let us know, and we'll try and backtrack to find what was changed and maybe fix it.

I will do, only tried 14 so far, that works but on a long record I scheduled the recording was split into small sections of about 25 to 50mb, all the recording is there its just split up. I'm just flashing 14.4 now see how that goes and I will let you know what I find!

Cheers Mick

mickb82
5th February, 2013, 01:19 AM

Al,

I have tried a few versions of Commando 14 and I have found that timed recording works perfect on 14.3 but it doesnt work on 14.4. Something must have been changed between these releases that has caused the problem.

I have got 14.3 setup but I have noticed the screen flashes black for a split second every so often. Is there a fix for this or could it be the online epg or me navigating the settings that could cause it?

If you do find something that can be changed that might solve the recording problem I have got fully setup backups of 14.7 and 14.3 so I can easily do some tests.

Cheers Mick

PaphosAL
5th February, 2013, 04:34 PM
OK mick, I'll try and back track to see what elements were changed / diffs applied between 14.3 and 14.4 releases. Luckily, I've got everything double backed-up here, all the way back to the heady old days days of Commando 11 for dBox2, in fact, LOL!!

It's just a case of piecing together all the evidence from that intervening period to try and nail the culprit, so be patient please...

Cheers- AL ;)

PaphosAL
5th February, 2013, 04:36 PM
Attention C14.7 users in Ireland!!

Thanks to some excellent feedback and suggestions by Fano over on DWZ, we have devised what some of you Irishmen might consider a superior channel line-up for your Entertainment bouquet than the one created by SML in the release offering.

Why not give it a try and tell us what you think? If the majority feedback is positive, then we'll include it in our first online auto-update. Follow the easy destructions in the readme.

Cheers- AL ;)

[Edit] Sorry lads, but after posting this, I spotted I'd made a schoolboy error in path names for UK / IR radiotimes.scan name swapping, doh... Please use this new package, and please READ THE README again before you proceed, thanks!!

bugaloo41
5th February, 2013, 09:10 PM
Many thanks to AL and the rest of the team - brilliant image.

PaphosAL
6th February, 2013, 10:50 AM
...I have got 14.3 setup but I have noticed the screen flashes black for a split second every so often. Is there a fix for this or could it be the online epg or me navigating the settings that could cause it?

This should be an easy one to resolve. Toggle 'PMT Update' from ON to OFF in Settings > Driver & Boot Options.

99% of the changes made between 14.3 and 14.4 were purely cosmetic and user-friendliness. The only firmware modification I can pinpoint is that we removed the non-working SWAPFILE support. In neutrino, this only works for block devices like internal / external hard drives- not possible on DM500

Can you see anything in your config files that suggests it's hunting for a swapfile? I wouldn't have thought this aspect would have affected the Audio source for Recording, though...

That xml file you've mentioned, can you tell me what it's called and which folder you find it in? And can you attach a copy please?

gazza12
6th February, 2013, 03:56 PM
Just installed the IRL_SML_Lineup and have to say, I think it is excellent.
Thanks, I will use this..

mickb82
6th February, 2013, 07:23 PM
99% of the changes made between 14.3 and 14.4 were purely cosmetic and user-friendliness. The only firmware modification I can pinpoint is that we removed the non-working SWAPFILE support. In neutrino, this only works for block devices like internal / external hard drives- not possible on DM500

Can you see anything in your config files that suggests it's hunting for a swapfile? I wouldn't have thought this aspect would have affected the Audio source for Recording, though...

That xml file you've mentioned, can you tell me what it's called and which folder you find it in? And can you attach a copy please?

Thanks Al,

I have just looked at the .xml file created in 14.3 and there is no audio pid section. I'm going to copy all the files from 14.3 to my pc and install 14.7 and compare and files relating to recording and see if there are any differences. Hopefully it will just be a matter of deleting or editing part of the recording files to match those in 14.3. The .xml file is created everytime i perform a timed recording. It's stored on my network hd and contains epg info, program title, settings info etc.
I'll be doing some more testing later tonight when my daughter has gone to sleep. I will upload the .xml files and and recording files I find that have differences between 14.3 and 14.7.

Cheer Mick.

PaphosAL
6th February, 2013, 07:26 PM
great image, well done guys, but back to volume on arrows ha ha,,

We always have it that way, m8. But you can swap around if you want, thanks to Satsearching's diff. Just read the release notes for 14.5 (I think it was) - it's all done in "Keybinding" - but you need to follow the instructions properly...

PaphosAL
6th February, 2013, 07:38 PM
Thanks Al,

I have just looked at the .xml file created in 14.3 and there is no audio pid section. I'm going to copy all the files from 14.3 to my pc and install 14.7 and compare and files relating to recording and see if there are any differences. Hopefully it will just be a matter of deleting or editing part of the recording files to match those in 14.3. The .xml file is created everytime i perform a timed recording. It's stored on my network hd and contains epg info, program title, settings info etc.
I'll be doing some more testing later tonight when my daughter has gone to sleep. I will upload the .xml files and and recording files I find that have differences between 14.3 and 14.7.

Cheer Mick.

Great stuff Mike! You have a PM by the way (AL beavering away behind the scenes stuff). If you don't already use it as your default text editor in Windoze and your preferred internal editor for whichever FTP program you use (I run a paid for licensed copy of FlashFXP, wooo! But the best $12 I ever spent!)- then google for the FREEWARE Notepad++

This maintains Linux format in files on and from your DM500 and has another VERY useful feature for what you're about to do- comparing differences between files!

Open both files in Notepad++ and they'll both be tabbed onscreen. Press Plugins > Compare > Compare and it will highlight every single difference in split windows for you! It's a godsend for a lot of the stuff I work on...

mickb82
6th February, 2013, 11:11 PM
Great stuff Mike! You have a PM by the way (AL beavering away behind the scenes stuff). If you don't already use it as your default text editor in Windoze and your preferred internal editor for whichever FTP program you use (I run a paid for licensed copy of FlashFXP, wooo! But the best $12 I ever spent!)- then google for the FREEWARE Notepad++

This maintains Linux format in files on and from your DM500 and has another VERY useful feature for what you're about to do- comparing differences between files!

Open both files in Notepad++ and they'll both be tabbed onscreen. Press Plugins > Compare > Compare and it will highlight every single difference in split windows for you! It's a godsend for a lot of the stuff I work on...

Al,

I have been using FlashFXP it is really good, I'm still on a 30 day trial but I'm also thinking of buying it.

I have compared various audio and recording files and they are the same in both versions. I did a new recording on each version and the .xml file was also the same in each.

I managed to break the image twice so I have now stopped messing, I will leave it to the experts!

I have now got 14.3 running perfect with upto date bouquets so I will just stick with that for now!

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Mick

PaphosAL
7th February, 2013, 10:22 AM
But Mick, you're still not telling me the actual path and filename of the xml config file. This might give us a clue torwards making a possible 'dirty' fix for this NARsty problem!

I take it you have FTP access to this file after the Timer Recording is set, and before the recording actually starts! If so, here's a stop-gap solution to try:

1. Install Notepad++ if you haven't already done so
2. Backup your existing 14.3 then reflash 14.7
3. Open FlashFXP > Options > File Associations
4. Tell it to use Notepad++ for *.xml files
5. Set a timer recording
6. Navigate to that config file in FTP > right click it > Edit

And change this typical example:

<audiopids selected="663">
<audio pid="663" name="NAR"/>
<audio pid="643" name="English"/>
</audiopids>to instead read this:

<audiopids selected="643">
</audiopids>and Save. Now, if THAT doesn't work, I'll eat my baseball cap! AL ;)

mickb82
7th February, 2013, 11:25 AM
But Mick, you're still not telling me the actual path and filename of the xml config file. This might give us a clue torwards making a possible 'dirty' fix for this NARsty problem!

I take it you have FTP access to this file after the Timer Recording is set, and before the recording actually starts! If so, here's a stop-gap solution to try:

1. Install Notepad++ if you haven't already done so
2. Backup your existing 14.3 then reflash 14.7
3. Open FlashFXP > Options > File Associations
4. Tell it to use Notepad++ for *.xml files
5. Set a timer recording
6. Navigate to that config file in FTP > right click it > Edit

And change this typical example:

<audiopids selected="663">
</audiopids>to instead read this:

<audiopids selected="643">
</audiopids>and Save. Now, if THAT doesn't work, I'll eat my baseball cap! AL ;)

Al,

That file is created in the folder that I choose to record in, I have selected var/mmt/cf/recordings and I have my usb hard drive mounted as var/mmt/cf. I cant edit this file as it is not created until the recording starts, it just seems to have the settings and details of the recording.
The file doesnt seem to have any use, once recordings are complete I usually re-name them and delete this file, I then have my blu ray player setup to access the same folder and I play the recordings on that as I find it easier to control and it upscales to HD. The recordings from 14.3 play perfect on VLC and my blu ray but 14.7 recordings won't play on anything. The details of the .xml created are identical on both versions.

Cheers

Mick

bob114
7th February, 2013, 01:06 PM
hi

from mickb82's post

I have been using FlashFXP it is really good, I'm still on a 30 day trial but I'm also thinking of buying it.

you can use timestoppers to keep using the trial version

hope this may help

PaphosAL
7th February, 2013, 06:55 PM
Al,

That file is created in the folder that I choose to record in, I have selected var/mmt/cf/recordings and I have my usb hard drive mounted as var/mmt/cf. I cant edit this file as it is not created until the recording starts, it just seems to have the settings and details of the recording.
The file doesnt seem to have any use, once recordings are complete I usually re-name them and delete this file, I then have my blu ray player setup to access the same folder and I play the recordings on that as I find it easier to control and it upscales to HD. The recordings from 14.3 play perfect on VLC and my blu ray but 14.7 recordings won't play on anything. The details of the .xml created are identical on both versions.

Cheers

Mick

OIC, Mick. In that case, the only file I can think of that would add this info ''on the fly' the moment you've hit 'Save Timer' would be /var/tuxbox/config/timerd.conf

I think I might have mentioned that previously? Let's leave no stone unturned, please. Early results from this morning's test 14.7 build, with a new Audio menu item to switch the NAR audio OFF globally look very promising.

Meantime, please set a typical dummy Timer Recording and save it, then let me have a look at the timerd.conf file that is updated as a result. I'm convinced there's a dirty fix possible here, as an interim measure...

mickb82
7th February, 2013, 10:32 PM
OIC, Mick. In that case, the only file I can think of that would add this info ''on the fly' the moment you've hit 'Save Timer' would be /var/tuxbox/config/timerd.conf

I think I might have mentioned that previously? Let's leave no stone unturned, please. Early results from this morning's test 14.7 build, with a new Audio menu item to switch the NAR audio OFF globally look very promising.

Meantime, please set a typical dummy Timer Recording and save it, then let me have a look at the timerd.conf file that is updated as a result. I'm convinced there's a dirty fix possible here, as an interim measure...

Al,

I have scheduled the same film to record on 14.3 and 14.7 and I have saved both timerd.conf files for you to have a look at.

Cheers

Mick

PaphosAL
8th February, 2013, 10:51 AM
Hmm, the mystery deepens. When I strip out all the event _1 lines for your daily GetEPG timer in 14.7- I'm left with two identical matching conf files!

EVENT_INFO_APIDS_2=0

Sorry, but I can see no rhyme nor reason why 14.3 should interprent that line as Audio ENG while 14.7 sees it as NAR? :confused:

Hang on a minute... go Menu > Settings > Yellow > Yellow for the Zapit menu. How is Save audio pids set in 14.3? And in 14.7?

voc1967
8th February, 2013, 01:02 PM
Primetime still does not clear on this Img .

But clears on Skybox F3 .

Is there any update on this how to get this to work ?

PaphosAL
8th February, 2013, 07:27 PM
No. It's converted from a data channel to a TV channel by AutoBouqets in C14.7 but after that, it's between you and your 'provider' methinks.? If it isn't in their lineup, then neither will it be on our FTA image, nor in any other image, will it?

So watch it on your Sly F3, end of problem! Cheers- AL :)

darksky
8th February, 2013, 08:24 PM
Just installed the image and works brilliantly apart from the web interface.I can't seem to get a picture at all on firefox or IE. Any ideas?

PaphosAL
8th February, 2013, 08:44 PM
Just installed the image and works brilliantly apart from the web interface.I can't seem to get a picture at all on firefox or IE. Any ideas?

Untested area, m8. You need to read PT-1's FAQs for that sort of stuff. Me, I watch telly on the telly, LOL!

And thanks for all your other complimentary remarks about yWeb! 100% UK lingo, old dBox2 stuff stripped, DM500 virtual remote, two types of remote for your Android smartphone / tablet...

You sometimes wonder if it's all worth the bother... I'm now going to check if the user "darksky" even actually appears among the [Thanks] count in downloads, but I'm not holding my breath...

No, I thought not... All take and no give, eh?

darksky
8th February, 2013, 09:01 PM
Untested area, m8. You need to read PT-1's FAQs for that sort of stuff. Me, I watch telly on the telly, LOL!

And thanks for all your other complimentary remarks about yWeb! 100% UK lingo, old dBox2 stuff stripped, DM500 virtual remote, two types of remote for your Android smartphone / tablet...

You sometimes wonder if it's all worth the bother... I'm now going to check if the user "darksky" even actually appears among the [Thanks] count in downloads, but I'm not holding my breath...

No, I thought not... All take and no give, eh?

Sorry mate but don't quite follow what you are getting at. I think you might have mistaken me for someone else. I've never owned or used a dbox2 and never posted about yWeb,etc before.

mickb82
8th February, 2013, 10:27 PM
Hmm, the mystery deepens. When I strip out all the event _1 lines for your daily GetEPG timer in 14.7- I'm left with two identical matching conf files!

EVENT_INFO_APIDS_2=0

Sorry, but I can see no rhyme nor reason why 14.3 should interprent that line as Audio ENG while 14.7 sees it as NAR? :confused:

Hang on a minute... go Menu > Settings > Yellow > Yellow for the Zapit menu. How is Save audio pids set in 14.3? And in 14.7?

Al,

Save audio pids was set to on in both 14.3 and 14.7. I have turned it off in 14.7, then I ran Autobouquets now but this has not made any difference, the recordings are still not playable.

Cheers

Mick

PaphosAL
9th February, 2013, 05:28 PM
Sorry mate but don't quite follow what you are getting at. I think you might have mistaken me for someone else. I've never owned or used a dbox2 and never posted about yWeb,etc before.

My humble apologies, m8 I think I misread what you were asking about yWeb. I thought you were trying to watch TV through yWeb and it's 'Live TV' or vlc functions...

Did you mean that you cannot access your DM500 yWeb interface from your PC, end of story? If so, we can maybe help you. Cheers- AL :)

PaphosAL
9th February, 2013, 05:31 PM
Al,

Save audio pids was set to on in both 14.3 and 14.7. I have turned it off in 14.7, then I ran Autobouquets now but this has not made any difference, the recordings are still not playable.

Cheers

Mick

OK Mick, stick with 14.3 for this particualr issue while we try and port LraiZer's Audio Priority stuff from his dBox2 cable diff across to an entirely different beast!

mickb82
9th February, 2013, 05:46 PM
OK Mick, stick with 14.3 for this particualr issue while we try and port LraiZer's Audio Priority stuff from his dBox2 cable diff across to an entirely different beast!

Al,

Thats fine I'm happy with 14.3 its working perfect. Just one last thing is auto epg or the rtepg available as a seperate plugin that I could install on 14.3?

Thanks alot for all your help, if you do find a possible fix or you just need someone to trial any future updates send me a message and I'll be happy to help!

Cheers

Mick

NICETOBNICE
9th February, 2013, 08:54 PM
I will be reporting back shortly but have to find where cccam install location is?

PaphosAL
9th February, 2013, 09:23 PM
Al,

Thats fine I'm happy with 14.3 its working perfect. Just one last thing is auto epg or the rtepg available as a seperate plugin that I could install on 14.3?

Thanks alot for all your help, if you do find a possible fix or you just need someone to trial any future updates send me a message and I'll be happy to help!

Cheers

Mick

Only way to do that I'm afraid, Mick, is with two dm500 boxes, like I have here. In your case, one (the slave 14.3) to do your timer recordings, and the other, 14.7 with the latest AutoBouquets plugin kit? And then FTP the latest updates from 14.7 > PC > 14.3 ??

You could probably rip the 03-getepg.cfg and 03-getepg.so files out of your 14.7 image and pop them into your /var/txbox/plugins folder in 14.3 (with a right click on the .so file in FlashFXP to set it to chmod 755) and yes, this should work, after MENU > Service > Reload Plugins is hit. It will then (or rather, should) become available as a plugin timer, I hope...

Reverse engineering is not my best theme this time of the evening, sorry!

Cheers - AL ;)

bobsylas
9th February, 2013, 11:50 PM
I will be reporting back shortly but have to find where cccam install location is?

Hi mate install CCcam to

/var/bin/emu

& CCcam.cfg to

/var/etc

NICETOBNICE
9th February, 2013, 11:54 PM
Thanks mate all done now for the motorised part lol

is this image able to upload bouquets ?

PaphosAL
10th February, 2013, 11:41 AM
Thanks mate all done now for the motorised part lol

is this image able to upload bouquets ?

Your CCcam question is answered in the Hints and Tips doc under 'Softcams'.

Answers to any issues you have with motorized dish will be found in that doc.

Answers to your last question will be found in the AutoBouquets doc...

Cheers- AL :giveup::banghead:

NICETOBNICE
10th February, 2013, 12:12 PM
Your CCcam question is answered in the Hints and Tips doc under 'Softcams'.

Answers to any issues you have with motorized dish will be found in that doc.

Answers to your last question will be found in the AutoBouquets doc...

Cheers- AL :giveup::banghead:

Maybe its me but i cant see anywhere Wheret it says i can upload different bouquets
this image is far to difficult to set up a motorised system

lfc84
10th February, 2013, 03:19 PM
I want to upgrade from pli jade to commando. unfortunately the box is remote and there is no null modem cable on site.

would the following procedure work?

RESTORE your image:
1) login to dreambox via ftp as root
2) upload the backup.img file from your pc to the dreambox in /var/tmp/
3) telnet to the box as root
4) type "cd /var/tmp"
5) type "eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp backup.img /dev/mtd/3"
6) type "reboot"

pjmorie
10th February, 2013, 04:39 PM
Al,

Cheers

Mick

Slightly off the 14.7 topic (thanks to all involved) but could someone point me in the direction, if one exists, to a tutorial on how to record using the Commando Image as Mick has done??
Not very savy with setting that sort of thing up and have tried many times but all to no avail.

PaphosAL
10th February, 2013, 04:58 PM
I want to upgrade from pli jade to commando. unfortunately the box is remote and there is no null modem cable on site.

would the following procedure work?

RESTORE your image:
1) login to dreambox via ftp as root
2) upload the backup.img file from your pc to the dreambox in /var/tmp/
3) telnet to the box as root
4) type "cd /var/tmp"
5) type "eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp backup.img /dev/mtd/3"
6) type "reboot"

Risky, and even if it 'apparently' works, for some unknown reason is likely to create a corrupted root SquashFS partition. I used to use a similar (but safer) script regularly in C14.x dev. I don't any more..

There's another method I've seen on here which tricks PLi into thinkiing it's doing a cramfs upgrade from the /tmp folder. I suggest you try that option m8

lfc84
10th February, 2013, 05:05 PM
Risky, and even if it 'apparently' works, for some unknown reason is likely to create a corrupted root SquashFS partition. I used to use a similar (but safer) script regularly in C14.x dev. I don't any more..

There's another method I've seen on here which tricks PLi into thinkiing it's doing a cramfs upgrade from the /tmp folder. I suggest you try that option m8

I've used the above steps to install a pli jade image over the top of another pli jade image - but on reflection i think you are correct.....and i dont think it will work.

I've come across the following instructions....i've got a spare box to test on...

Rename the image into root.cramfs (in small letters)
Copy this root.cramfs with a FTP-software to your Dreambox in the subdirectory /var/tmp
Push on the Dream or Menu button on your remote control to get into the Enigma menu
Go to the System Settings menu and choose the Software update

EDIT: the above procedure works ok !

PaphosAL
10th February, 2013, 05:09 PM
Maybe its me but i cant see anywhere Wheret it says i can upload different bouquets
this image is far to difficult to set up a motorised system

It uses LraiZer's AutoBouquets which in a mere 10 minutes downloads the very latest BSkyB 28.2E bouquets and services, making it all up to date and current. It then autogenerates a new stream GetEPG channel map for you, based on those settings. Is this NOT what you're looking for?

We've received no other complaints of it being "too difficult" to set up motorized ever since C14.5 - and there IS a help doc that tells you how to do it. It's only a one-time job, ain't it?

Oh well, you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot force it to drink, as they say...

Enjoy your Enigma, and thanks for your valued feedback- AL :)

NICETOBNICE
10th February, 2013, 06:54 PM
It uses LraiZer's AutoBouquets which in a mere 10 minutes downloads the very latest BSkyB 28.2E bouquets and services, making it all up to date and current. It then autogenerates a new stream GetEPG channel map for you, based on those settings. Is this NOT what you're looking for?

We've received no other complaints of it being "too difficult" to set up motorized ever since C14.5 - and there IS a help doc that tells you how to do it. It's only a one-time job, ain't it?

Oh well, you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot force it to drink, as they say...

Enjoy your Enigma, and thanks for your valued feedback- AL :)

Thanks mate i reflashed pli jade and within 5 minutes my motorized sat was working great '
Now i'm not disrespecting commando image because i have it setup to 3 dm500's on a static dish and its fantastic the best there is.
But over the last 2 days i have had very bad problems with my motorised dish! the main dm800hd which i had generated a fault which could no longer drive the motor so had to grab a dm500 to do the job but couldn't get it to work . I've ordered a vu plus duo. so for now the commando image is back on couldn't do with my epg LOL :congrats:

voc1967
10th February, 2013, 09:45 PM
No. It's converted from a data channel to a TV channel by AutoBouqets in C14.7 but after that, it's between you and your 'provider' methinks.? If it isn't in their lineup, then neither will it be on our FTA image, nor in any other image, will it?

So watch it on your Sly F3, end of problem! Cheers- AL :)
it is in their lineup and i dont have skybox f3 but next door does with the same provider as me .

pjmorie
11th February, 2013, 03:31 PM
Attention C14.7 users in Ireland!!

Thanks to some excellent feedback and suggestions by Fano over on DWZ, we have devised what some of you Irishmen might consider a superior channel line-up for your Entertainment bouquet than the one created by SML in the release offering.

Why not give it a try and tell us what you think? If the majority feedback is positive, then we'll include it in our first online auto-update. Follow the easy destructions in the readme.

Cheers- AL ;)

[Edit] Sorry lads, but after posting this, I spotted I'd made a schoolboy error in path names for UK / IR radiotimes.scan name swapping, doh... Please use this new package, and please READ THE README again before you proceed, thanks!!

I've used this lineup and it's great, would highly recommend it. Only thing that confused me at the start was that there is a 'bouquets' file along with the 'myservices' file but it doesn't mention in the readme what to do with it, I just left it out, but I guess it dosen't matter as when you run the Autobouquets it probably gets overwritten anyway (??)

Edit: After I've added a Satellite Bouquet to list all the channels as mentioned in the 14.7 info my GetEPG no longer works, tried this with both the original 14.7 release and with the IRL updates.
It does mention in the info file about deleting this file when doing subsequent scans, does this include the GetEPG?

PS: any takers on giving me help in setting up recording from the DM500 to my PC's external hard drive with Commando??

mickb82
11th February, 2013, 10:53 PM
Slightly off the 14.7 topic (thanks to all involved) but could someone point me in the direction, if one exists, to a tutorial on how to record using the Commando Image as Mick has done??
Not very savy with setting that sort of thing up and have tried many times but all to no avail.

pjmorie,

Its pretty easy to setup recording on Commando 14. But before you start you will need to setup and get some information from your PC.

Firstly you need to decide what drive you want to use for your recordings, I use a 32gb USB stick plugged driectly into my router but you can also use a shared network drive on your PC. See the following link for advice on setting up sharing: Share files with someone (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/Share-files-with-someone)

Also to make sure that commando re-connects to your shared drive automatically it would be best to assign your PC a static IP address. This is not needed if your using a USB plugged into your router like I am as this uses your router IP address. You will need to consult your router instructions or google to find out how to do this.

Before you set things up on commando you need the following information:

1. Your PC or router IP address. (On windows 7 open network & sharing centre, click on change adaptor settings and double click on your network connection. Then click details and the PC IP address is shown as IPv4 Address and your router IP Address is shown as IPv4 Default gateway)

2. Your PC or router MAC address. (On windows 7 open network & sharing centre, click on change adaptor settings and double click on your network connection. Then click details and the MAC address is shown as physical address. To get your router MAC address you would need to login to your router)

3. The exact name you have chosen for your shared folder or drive.

4. The login information for your router (usually username:admin password:admin)

Right now to set things up on Commando!

Firstly go into settings/network and press blue (mount edit network shares) the press red to mount a network volume.

Select the first slot and you will have a list of items that you need to enter information into:
Type: CIFS
Server IP: (You router or PC IP address)
Directory/Share: (The exact name of your shared folder or drive)
Local Directory: (I chose mmt/cf)
Mount On Startup: Yes
Mount Options: Change the ro to rw
Mount Options: Leave this as it is
Username: (Your router username. I didnt have a PC username so I used my router one and it worked)
Password: (Your router password. I didnt have a PC password so I used my router one and it worked)
MAC Address: Enter your PC or Router MAC Address
Mount Now: Press OK

Press green to unmount your netwrok volume to make sure it has been mounted but don't unmount it, if its been setup correctly it should be listed in the unmount menu. Now exit back to settings.

Next select recording in settings, then change the recording device to direct (file) the press green to enter direct recording settings.

I used the following settings:
Recording directory: (the same directory chosen earlier when setting up the network drive)
Choose directory on recording: off
Directory Permissions: 755
Ringbuffer Size: 8MB
Maximum File Size: (This depends on how your drive is formatted as to what the maximum filesize can be, I use 2048mb)
Write Sync (O_SYNC): off
Write Sync (fdatasync): off
Record VideoText: off
Record Subtitles: off
I have set long filenames on and the filenmame template to %T_%d but you can set this up however you want.

Once all the settings are entered exit and press red to activate changes.

Recording is now setup!

To record the channel you are watching press blue and press red to start recording then press red to stop the recording. (Works in Commando 14.7)

To schedule a recording you can either manually enter the times and channels by pressing blue, then yellow then green and entering all the details or you can navigate the epg to find the program you want to record then press info and press red to schedule a record. (I cant get recordings done by this method to playback on 14.7 but this method works fine on 14.3)

To playback a recording press blue then green then navigate to the folder you chose earlier (mnt/cf)

I have set mine up using all the above information and I have recording working perfect on 14.3!

Cheers

Mick

PaphosAL
12th February, 2013, 11:09 AM
I heartily concur, Bob! That's a darned good tutorial you've written there, Mick! May we add it (credited of course) to our C14.7 helpfiles line-up please?

Talking of help, I remember that you're a dab hand at image building, Bob. Expect a PM in a little while, m8...

Cheers- AL ;)

PaphosAL
12th February, 2013, 01:49 PM
@mick: Hope you don't mind, but I've edited your tute by adding a couple of useful bits, corrected a few typos, and shortened over-long lines and re-formatted to Linux for easy viewing in TuxCom.

Have also added full accreditation to you and digital-kaos of course! Please proof read and see if you're happy with my version, m8.

Cheers- AL ;)

mickb82
13th February, 2013, 01:08 PM
@mick: Hope you don't mind, but I've edited your tute by adding a couple of useful bits, corrected a few typos, and shortened over-long lines and re-formatted to Linux for easy viewing in TuxCom.

Have also added full accreditation to you and digital-kaos of course! Please proof read and see if you're happy with my version, m8.

Cheers- AL ;)

Thanks Al,

Im more than happy for you to use my post in the help files. Just glad that I can help someone!

Your edited version is fine, feel free to add or remove whatever bits you want.

Cheers

Mick.

PaphosAL
13th February, 2013, 03:08 PM
Many thanks, Mick! Seeing as you took the time and trouble to write such a fine tutorial, and seeing as I'm already past the halfway mark with network mount to my Ubuntu server, I thought it was time to do the decent thing and follow the bottom half of your tute and get Recording set up on my Dm500S testbox.

So now, you're not on your own in trying to nail this Timer Recording issue you've found in C14.7

But first, I used LraiZer's ViewVAR utility to have a good look inside C14.3 expecting to find different neutrino settings in there compared to now. But no, eveything matches. One bit of bad news for you is that 14.3 came only with LraiZer's then version of Rytec online EPG, so I'm afraid you definately won't be able to use RT-EPG nor DetEPG in that image, as sectionsd in 14.3 doesn't have all the stuff that Laz added.

I've done a bit of speeded-up testing this morning, doing 5 min Timer Recordings on one of the Sly Movies channels, using different audio settings each time. Results have not been encouaging... I did make one discovery that I thought might lead us to a fix, though.

In the Settings > Recording menu, there are three Audio choices: Standard - Alternative - AC3. But I noticed that after adding a new Record timer in BLUE > YELLOW, if I then EDITED the new timer, a BLUE button option appears at the bottom- Audio Streams - and has FOUR options! The three mentioned above, plus Default Audio. So I ran a sequence of four Timer Recording tests, first with Standard = Yes and the rest No. Then with Atlternative = Yes and the others No. Then Alternative = Yes and the rest No, and finally with all four = No. I got this result every single time:

<audiopids selected="666">
<audio pid="666" name="English (AC3)"/>
<audio pid="686" name="NAR"/>
<audio pid="646" name="English"/>
</audiopids>So it looks like it's totally ignoring the required setting and just using the first audio type it finds in the stream. Coz when I press the green button on the same channel, that's the same order they appear in. Look at the settings for a short BBC 1 recording, and you'll see what I mean:

<audiopids selected="5001">
<audio pid="5001" name="English"/>
<audio pid="5002" name="NAR"/>
</audiopids>I reckon we need to get LraiZer's Audio Priority Menu up and running and see what effect that has on this, if any. But we're struggling with that at the moment. I'll keep you posted...

Cheers- AL :banghead:

mtv1
15th February, 2013, 11:53 PM
Hi i would put this image up there its the nuts , i had a small few issues with it first time ;)

but its so easy set up for your region ,, auto bouquets top knotch

its changed my fav from pli to commando keep up the good work :)

Final verdict 10/10 ;)

pjmorie
16th February, 2013, 12:10 AM

Cheers- AL ;)

I've been trying to setup the record function of Commando using my laptop running Vista but am having no luck getting it to mount correctly. When I try the unmount check as mentioned in the help file I get nothing. Not sure where I'm going wrong as I don't know much about network setups.

I've created a shared folder on my desktop called 'rec' and in the Directory/Share setting on Commando I have only entered 'rec'. Not sure if this is correct or should it have a fuller path.
I've entered my laptops IP and MAC address as well as the other settings given in the guide.
As I don't have a login on my laptop I tried using the Username & Password from my router, also tried setting up a new user account on my laptop and entered these in Commando but still no good. :dong::dong:

Has anyone had any success using the same setup as mine and if so could you please advise where I'm going wrong.

PaphosAL
16th February, 2013, 06:01 PM
Didn't Micro$oft introduce a reverse patch downgrade from the shite Vista back to the solid XP last year? I know what I'd do if I were you, LOL!

A google for share folder in vista should lead you by the hand, m8, as Mick's tute (with my add-ins) both assume that nobody is daft enough to still be on vista, but is running XP or Win7 instead. Can't even go down the Win8 route...

NICETOBNICE
16th February, 2013, 07:38 PM
hi guys i'm back persueing the motorized route
i have just used dreamboxedit to upload cateyes settings
i have set the directory to /var/tuxbox/config/scan.conf

but cant seem to get the bouquets working any ideas guys

psats
16th February, 2013, 09:10 PM
hi guys i'm back persueing the motorized route
i have just used dreamboxedit to upload cateyes settings
i have set the directory to /var/tuxbox/config/scan.conf

but cant seem to get the bouquets working any ideas guys

first you need to convert from enigma to neutrino

/var/tuxbox/config/zapit/

NICETOBNICE
16th February, 2013, 09:27 PM
first you need to convert from enigma to neutrino

/var/tuxbox/config/zapit/

ok you mean type 2 in dream box edit ?

NICETOBNICE
16th February, 2013, 09:33 PM
ok you mean type 2 in dream box edit ?

I have tried uploading enigma 1 catseyes bouquets with no luck

i sent the bouquets to /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/

mickb82
16th February, 2013, 09:48 PM
I've been trying to setup the record function of Commando using my laptop running Vista but am having no luck getting it to mount correctly. When I try the unmount check as mentioned in the help file I get nothing. Not sure where I'm going wrong as I don't know much about network setups.

I've created a shared folder on my desktop called 'rec' and in the Directory/Share setting on Commando I have only entered 'rec'. Not sure if this is correct or should it have a fuller path.
I've entered my laptops IP and MAC address as well as the other settings given in the guide.
As I don't have a login on my laptop I tried using the Username & Password from my router, also tried setting up a new user account on my laptop and entered these in Commando but still no good. :dong::dong:

Has anyone had any success using the same setup as mine and if so could you please advise where I'm going wrong.

pjmorie,

I have just checked my shared folders and if you right click on the shared folder, go to properties, then sharing, click on advanced sharing, then permissions and make sure everyone is listed and all the permissions are ticked (full control, change & read).

If Everyone is not listed click on Add.. and then type Everyone in the text box and click OK, then make sure all the permissions are ticked, apply any changes and click ok on all the open windows.

Now to make sure your shared drive is showning up on the network open my computer, click on "Map Network Drive" and then click browse and it should list all the pcs and shared storage on your network. Click on your laptop and if setup correctly your "rec" folder should be listed.

Now you should be able to mount the drive on your dreambox and use it to store recordings.

Also you might need to set your laptop a static IP as it might change next time your switch it on which might cause the mount not to work. Ive assigned my PC and dreambox with static IP's.

Cheers

Mick

pjmorie
16th February, 2013, 10:51 PM
Didn't Micro$oft introduce a reverse patch downgrade from the shite Vista back to the solid XP last year? I know what I'd do if I were you, LOL!

A google for share folder in vista should lead you by the hand, m8, as Mick's tute (with my add-ins) both assume that nobody is daft enough to still be on vista, but is running XP or Win7 instead. Can't even go down the Win8 route...

AL,
I was going to change from Vista but I'd realy miss the daily Windows Updates too much !!!!

Mick,
Still no joy, I have the shared folder setup as you mentioned and it is showing up as you described when I try Map Network Drive on the laptop but still unable to mount it on the box. I have the correct IP and MAC address so I'm guessing it must be a problem with the Directory/Share I've entered or the username and password combination.

One thing I did notice is when I check the share properties of the folder I created on my laptops desktop it gives the network path as \\myPC\rec (file://mypc/rec). I was going to enter this as the Directry/Share on the box but I can't get \ on the key entry.

Update: I've created a new user account with a password on my laptop with full administrator rights. On the shared folder I then went into Properties -> Sharing -> Share and added the new account as a co-owner. Using this new account name and password also on the box setup I can now sucessfully mount the drive!!

Followed the rest of the help file and complete sucess !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Big thanks to Mick and Al for the guide, hopefully ye'll be able to crack the scheduling issue on 14.7.

psats
17th February, 2013, 12:50 AM
I have tried uploading enigma 1 catseyes bouquets with no luck

i sent the bouquets to /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/

type 2 is for 800hd its nuetrino you save as.

NICETOBNICE
17th February, 2013, 10:08 AM
type 2 is for 800hd its nuetrino you save as.

So its type 4 then change location to /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/

NICETOBNICE
17th February, 2013, 10:22 AM
dreambox edit seemed to upload all bouquets without problem to the dm500 but now the dm500 has no channels and lists a hand full of bbci and sky active channels

the must be someone who has experience in uploading a bouquets set for motorised setup ?

people keep telling me its written in the help files which i've already read and still not working ?

storming
18th February, 2013, 05:06 PM
Thanks Al, and the team who have worked so hard on 14.7. Like all Commando images before it, looks awesome.

The Bouquets and EPG menus look great and Auto Bouquet Wizard is like having LRaizer sat next to me adding all services and settings for me. Great!!.

Alas! I have tried to flash on a DM500C cable box, and I cant get it to work. Not even FTA channels are clearing, just says Waiting for Time and no go. Has anyone tried this great image on cable box? I am thinking maybe I need compatible cables.xml file, or need to change Kabel Duetchsland to my local ksym. Maybe its just not compatible with cable. Please help?

Maybe its time for me to buy a satellite dish.

psats
18th February, 2013, 06:08 PM
dreambox edit seemed to upload all bouquets without problem to the dm500 but now the dm500 has no channels and lists a hand full of bbci and sky active channels

the must be someone who has experience in uploading a bouquets set for motorised setup ?

people keep telling me its written in the help files which i've already read and still not working ?

try these............

PaphosAL
18th February, 2013, 06:49 PM
@NICETOBENICE: The help files and even the OSD Menus all tell you that LraiZer's wonderful AutoBouquets feature is for 28.2.E

As I'm not motorized and only have a fixed dish pointing at 28.2E, I can only guess at what you're trying to do, sorry. But in theory at least, if you first run AutoBouquets when on 28.2E, you'll have a decent and bang up to date set of BSkyB services and bouquets for 28.2E

After that, a Scan on each of your other Sats with "Bouquet Mode - leave current" - what will that do? Append to the existing 28.2E services.xml and shove all your new-found (ie: 19.2E) channels into bouquet 'Other' ??? I really have no idea, m8, and without LraiZer around now, no way of finding out...

It may well transpire that what you're trying to do with 3rd party bouquets sets for multi-sat might entail NOT using 28.2E AutoBouqets at all.

PaphosAL
18th February, 2013, 07:06 PM
Thanks Al, and the team who have worked so hard on 14.7. Like all Commando images before it, looks awesome.

The Bouquets and EPG menus look great and Auto Bouquet Wizard is like having LRaizer sat next to me adding all services and settings for me. Great!!.

Alas! I have tried to flash on a DM500C cable box, and I cant get it to work. Not even FTA channels are clearing, just says Waiting for Time and no go. Has anyone tried this great image on cable box? I am thinking maybe I need compatible cables.xml file, or need to change Kabel Duetchsland to my local ksym. Maybe its just not compatible with cable. Please help?

Maybe its time for me to buy a satellite dish.

Your username might be different here on D-K, but you don't fool this old git, LOL!

OK, here's a valid UK cables.xml file for your 'alleged' provider. It lives in /var/etc coz that's where the symlinks in the R/O root SquashFS partition all point to.

To have any chance of it working, you'll need to make sure that your /var/tuxbox/config/scan.conf file matches provider with this particular line:

satNameNoDiseqc=CableUK

:)

storming
18th February, 2013, 07:43 PM
Thanks Al,

Quote 'Your username might be different here on D-K, but you don't fool this old git, LOL!'

I dont know who you think I am, but I am not heorshe.

Thanks for the file and info will post later and let you know how I get on.

Cheers.

lfc84
18th February, 2013, 08:06 PM
@NICETOBENICE: The help files and even the OSD Menus all tell you that LraiZer's wonderful AutoBouquets feature is for 28.2.E

As I'm not motorized and only have a fixed dish pointing at 28.2E, I can only guess at what you're trying to do, sorry. But in theory at least, if you first run AutoBouquets when on 28.2E, you'll have a decent and bang up to date set of BSkyB services and bouquets for 28.2E

After that, a Scan on each of your other Sats with "Bouquet Mode - leave current" - what will that do? Append to the existing 28.2E services.xml and shove all your new-found (ie: 19.2E) channels into bouquet 'Other' ??? I really have no idea, m8, and without LraiZer around now, no way of finding out...

It may well transpire that what you're trying to do with 3rd party bouquets sets for multi-sat might entail NOT using 28.2E AutoBouqets at all.

this may help

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f214/commando-14-6-dm500-release-277813/index4.html#post1635018

if anyone tries 14.7 with a morised setup please post a tut. i honestly haven't got time in the foreseeable future to play around so i would appreciate feedback

PaphosAL
19th February, 2013, 01:03 PM
There is a tutorial for motorized dish setup in the current C14.7 release and the previous version!

Here it is again

lfc84
19th February, 2013, 01:34 PM
There is a tutorial for motorized dish setup in the current C14.7 release and the previous version!

Here it is again

I read that. My concern is mainly about the impact on the auto-bouquets

storming
19th February, 2013, 01:40 PM
Your username might be different here on D-K, but you don't fool this old git, LOL!

OK, here's a valid UK cables.xml file for your 'alleged' provider. It lives in /var/etc coz that's where the symlinks in the R/O root SquashFS partition all point to.

To have any chance of it working, you'll need to make sure that your /var/tuxbox/config/scan.conf file matches provider with this particular line:

satNameNoDiseqc=CableUK

:)

Thanks AL,

I have done as you suggested but (sorry to be a pain) still no joy. I am obviously missing something. I have installed both CCcam 2.21.1 and 2.30 and .cfg file.

Inputted my ksym 6952 for Leeds ex c&w.

As I said before not even fta channels available so CS not really an issue at this point. My dreambox is a geniune dm500c not a clone and works fine with DK1.1.

If we manage to get this working, I will send AL all the edited config files so a working cable version can be released.

:giveup:

icemen786
19th February, 2013, 04:56 PM
Hey peepz - I put the new image on my box, do I need to to do anything with the other files kabel_deutschland & libcrypto?

PaphosAL
19th February, 2013, 07:18 PM
Hey peepz - I put the new image on my box, do I need to to do anything with the other files kabel_deutschland & libcrypto?

Not unless you're on mgcamd or live in Germany on a DVB-C cable feed. From the release notes in post #1:

Package contents:

A rar pack containing all 8 help documents (also readable from /var/etc/info in TuxCom)

icemen786
19th February, 2013, 07:47 PM
Not unless you're on mgcamd or live in Germany on a DVB-C cable feed. From the release notes in post #1:

Package contents:

I want to use MGCamd, how do I install it. I new to all this, got a dreambox flashed it, now what will I have to do before I can start using it?
thanks in advance
ice

icemen786
19th February, 2013, 08:08 PM
birmingham backup . info in text file

Hey What is this for & how do I install it on the dreambox ? i'm birmingham area

smirnoff_rules
19th February, 2013, 08:19 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f215/how-guide-flashing-dreambox-dm500s-dm600-less-than-2-mins-224293/ read this on how to install on your dreambox or read about dreamup

icemen786
19th February, 2013, 09:03 PM
i have flashed my box using dreamup, I was asking what this biringham backup file was & where to do you put it on th box & how?

smirnoff_rules
19th February, 2013, 09:08 PM
i have flashed my box using dreamup, I was asking what this biringham backup file was & where to do you put it on th box & how?

its the latest commando with birmingham channels,timers and the bit u need , wink wink , just add your line

unzip and add to your temp file if u have command on and do a manual update , if u have pli installed add to temp and rename to root.cramfs and do manual update , save your lines first tho before u update and add again after

icemen786
19th February, 2013, 09:31 PM
Sounds like I need some sort of software to input this onto my dreambox? I have dreamup & also a null cable. Where & how do I get to the temp file? also wher & how do I input my line? Sorry to sound stupid but just learning

mtv1
19th February, 2013, 09:34 PM
Digital Kaos - Downloads - NEW! commando 14.7 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/new-commando-14-7-2471/) there matey good luck put it in desktop so u will find it easy unzipeed of coarse ;)

icemen786
19th February, 2013, 09:45 PM
I have flashed the box with this image already, how do I input the birmingham fil into the temp folder & how to install my line

mtv1
19th February, 2013, 10:32 PM
not all owed on here

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f214/commando-14-5-cccam-cfg-question-please-269344/#post1584380

look there ;)

icemen786
19th February, 2013, 10:45 PM
you know when people reffer to put file in /var/bin, /var/etc/ or an empty folder? I take it they are connected to the dreambox on the pc? what program do I need to cconnect to the box on my PC to add cams?

smirnoff_rules
19th February, 2013, 10:49 PM
FileZilla - Screenshots (http://filezilla-project.org/client_screenshots.php) u need a ftp client to read and send files to your dreambox . use the ip of the dreambox and log in , use dreambox and root as password to get in

PaphosAL
20th February, 2013, 08:42 PM
Thanks Al,

Im more than happy for you to use my post in the help files. Just glad that I can help someone!

Your edited version is fine, feel free to add or remove whatever bits you want.

Cheers

Mick.

Hey Mick! I've PM'd you regarding testing a modded beta image that might solve your reported Timer Recording issue in C14.4 to C14.7 m8. But nobody seems to be in, despite repeated bangs on the door...

Cheers- AL ;)

icemen786
20th February, 2013, 09:40 PM
FileZilla - Screenshots (http://filezilla-project.org/client_screenshots.php) u need a ftp client to read and send files to your dreambox . use the ip of the dreambox and log in , use dreambox and root as password to get in

appreciate all this help, I have downloaded file zilla now. How do I connect to the ftp client? some1 can log remotely log in if they want to help me?

mickb82
20th February, 2013, 10:24 PM
Hey Mick! I've PM'd you regarding testing a modded beta image that might solve your reported Timer Recording issue in C14.4 to C14.7 m8. But nobody seems to be in, despite repeated bangs on the door...

Cheers- AL ;)

Hi Al,

I have just sent you a reply, sorry for the delay I have been busy over the last few days and i havnt been on the computer.

Cheers

Mick

icemen786
20th February, 2013, 10:28 PM
its the latest commando with birmingham channels,timers and the bit u need , wink wink , just add your line

unzip and add to your temp file if u have command on and do a manual update , if u have pli installed add to temp and rename to root.cramfs and do manual update , save your lines first tho before u update and add again after

Ok Guys seem to be getting somewhere now, connected to box filezilla, transfered the file C14-7-dm500-backup30.01.13 to tmp folder. Did a manual transfer uploaded file from pc to remote file remote path /tmp, named the file root.cramfs processed transfer queue, the file now shows in tmp folder as root.cramfs. Is this correct. What is my next step, seem like i'm so close to getting this working ;-)

icemen786
20th February, 2013, 11:33 PM
I connected the box to the tv set my region & when it does the Autobouquets I get the error, unable to set my bouquets, what am i doing wrong?

smirnoff_rules
20th February, 2013, 11:38 PM
might be a bad flash , as your in birmingham just add mine to tmp and do a manual updates and add lines again , job done

icemen786
21st February, 2013, 12:21 AM
might be a bad flash , as your in birmingham just add mine to tmp and do a manual updates and add lines again , job done

Can I have urs to add. It may b because I have not added my line yet. Dont know how, can u tell me how to add line

icemen786
22nd February, 2013, 12:37 AM
Quite today on the forum just a little more help plz as mentioned above

mtv1
22nd February, 2013, 12:40 AM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachments/f213/129369d1340884285-commando-14-6-cccam-commando_v14_dm500s-quick-tutorial.rar

there mate

pjmorie
22nd February, 2013, 03:00 PM
Hi Al,

I have just sent you a reply, sorry for the delay I have been busy over the last few days and i havnt been on the computer.

Cheers

Mick

Mick, in your earlier posts you mentioned that you can't get the scheduled recordings on 14.7 to play correctly. Is this when trying to play them back through the box or just play in general?

My scheduled recordings play fine on my computer using Media Player, they won't play using VLC which is very strange as it's usually the other way round. I get the known missing audio when playing back through the box.

Quick question also - the recorded files are very big, approx 100MB per 5min, is there a setting than can reduce this?

mickb82
22nd February, 2013, 06:19 PM
Mick, in your earlier posts you mentioned that you can't get the scheduled recordings on 14.7 to play correctly. Is this when trying to play them back through the box or just play in general?

My scheduled recordings play fine on my computer using Media Player, they won't play using VLC which is very strange as it's usually the other way round. I get the known missing audio when playing back through the box.

Quick question also - the recorded files are very big, approx 100MB per 5min, is there a setting than can reduce this?

pjmorie,

I couldnt get any recording to play on my box or my pc when using 14.7.

Have you installed any additional codecs or editing software on your pc that might have added codecs to allow playback?

I have just been playing around with recordings trying to get them to work and I have been recording for 2 mins each time and the size has been between 35 and 60mb for a 2 min recording. However I recorded a film a few days ago using 14.3 and that was only about 1.6gb for a 2 hour film so I think size depends on which channel you record.

Cheers

Mick

icemen786
22nd February, 2013, 06:28 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachments/f213/129369d1340884285-commando-14-6-cccam-commando_v14_dm500s-quick-tutorial.rar

there mate

Hi mate
I'm using Filezilla to transfer the infomation, so I don't understand the below

In flashfxp go to :
Sites
Site manager
enter your ip settings and apply, then connect.

I downloaded Ccam 2.3.0.
Exracted the file CCcam.cfg to /var/etc/ then right click and edit your "own info" into it.
transfer it to the box but it doesn't allow you edit the file with .cfg ? What does it mean with you "own info" what am I to put in it anyway?
Also transfered CCcam.ppc to /var/bin/emu/ then right click and rename it to CCcam (the capital letters are important.
Where do I add my line?
please help
ice:damnmate:

andy91
22nd February, 2013, 06:46 PM
Hi mate
I'm using Filezilla to transfer the infomation, so I don't understand the below

In flashfxp go to :
Sites
Site manager
enter your ip settings and apply, then connect.

I downloaded Ccam 2.3.0.
Exracted the file CCcam.cfg to /var/etc/ then right click and edit your "own info" into it.
transfer it to the box but it doesn't allow you edit the file with .cfg ? What does it mean with you "own info" what am I to put in it anyway?
Also transfered CCcam.ppc to /var/bin/emu/ then right click and rename it to CCcam (the capital letters are important.
Where do I add my line?
please help
ice:damnmate:

Just be careful to tread carefully and work within the rules.
Empty anything inside CCcam.cfg and put in your forbidden infomation and upload.
Anymore and we are all breaking the forum rules.
Convos in pm are allowed.

Andy.

spudorange
22nd February, 2013, 08:38 PM
Been dancing between two boxes one working but without a correct itv (14.6) and a test box with 14.7 on which has decided to NOT get any epg as per a recent post.

I have as pap suggested reinstalled the 14.7 image (doing it right now)

I intend to do the usual auto Bouquets bit but better to ask what is probably a silly question:

Do I need to copy the "init" file across as I would on the 14.6 image?

Would prefer to start from new and not assume anything that I have learned from 14.5, 14.6 etc hence this post

thanks

pjmorie
22nd February, 2013, 09:20 PM
pjmorie,

I couldnt get any recording to play on my box or my pc when using 14.7.

Have you installed any additional codecs or editing software on your pc that might have added codecs to allow playback?

I have just been playing around with recordings trying to get them to work and I have been recording for 2 mins each time and the size has been between 35 and 60mb for a 2 min recording. However I recorded a film a few days ago using 14.3 and that was only about 1.6gb for a 2 hour film so I think size depends on which channel you record.

Cheers

Mick

I have a free codec update package for Vista from Shark007.net installed, there must be something in this that's allowing playback on the PC.
Also just checked some test scheduled recordings I made and they are playing perfect, with the correct sound, on the box using version 14.7.

PaphosAL
23rd February, 2013, 10:33 AM
@spudorange: If you're talking about the /var/etc/init fix for when they changed the stream EPG channel from type 02 (radio) to type 82 (data) then no, it's not needed in C14.7 where it's now built into the AutoBouquets coding.

The release services.xml file also has the correct line in for this:

<channel service_id="1038" name="EPG Background Audio." service_type="02"/>which means you can load GetEPG before running AutoBouquets if you wish.

lfc84
23rd February, 2013, 01:42 PM
I've had the box off for a few days. I turned it on and it update the bouquets and epg when its powered on. When it returns to the channel that I was originally watching (bbc 1) the box freezes. It shows the tv channel for a few seconds, along with the channel epg (now and next). It's not connected to the LAN (since its not showing as a connected device on my router gui). I therefore cannot ping or telnet or web browse to it. It doesnt respond to the remote control and the button on the front of the box doesnt do anything. The only solution I have found is to power cycle it.

It then re-runs the auto bouquets and epg. After thats finihsed its all normal and I can watch as normal.

It's happened a few times - intermittently. Obviously I dont know if its the software or the hardware - but I thought it might be helpful to post.

PaphosAL
23rd February, 2013, 02:01 PM
What times are your AutoBouquets and EPG timers set for, m8? And which EPG are you running. the default GetEPG or the alternative RT-EPG?

lfc84
23rd February, 2013, 02:14 PM
What times are your AutoBouquets and EPG timers set for, m8? And which EPG are you running. the default GetEPG or the alternative RT-EPG?

Both timers set for 09:30. But, the box is normally powered off

EDIT: correction..........I've got autobouquet plugin to run daily at 06:30. Also have got getepg to run on wake.

PaphosAL
23rd February, 2013, 06:53 PM
When you say you have the Timers set for for 09:30 daily, are you being serious? Both of them? LMAO! No wonder your poor little box is spitting its dummy out like that, with you trying to force it to run TWO meaty tasks concurrently...

And you're not helping matters by having daily timers set on a box that's having its power pulled at the mains, either, m8! Why don't you just leave it in Standby mode? Because if you power it back on AFTER timers were due to run, timerd will run them at the first possible opportunity, as late outstanding jobs.

Here's a superior and safer scenario for you:

First, delete the GetEPG NOW! plugin timer- you won't need it
Next, hit BLUE > BLUE > BLUE > GREEN to auto-load GetEPG at boot
Leave your existing AutoBouquets NOW plugin timer 'as is' for 09:30 daily. This automatically wakes up the box if found in Standby mode.
Lastly, add a new "Standby" timer for 10:00 daily -> Standby mode > Enter Standby

It's as simple as that. Unless rdmapautogen (which follws after AutoBouquets) detects any new or renamed channels (and automatically updates your rdmap.dat user mapfile with these), your box will auto reboot at around 09:41 and 60 seconds after restart, GetEPG will auto-load.

Try it, I'm sure this setup will save you (and maybe others) shedloads of frustration!

Cheers- AL ;)

lfc84
24th February, 2013, 01:31 PM
I understand the problem now. 2 timers are runing at wake time due to the power being off and missing the 06:30 timer...

PaphosAL
24th February, 2013, 05:00 PM
Had you taken a few minutes to read the AutoBouquets helpfile I wrote to help all you guys, you would have saved yourself shedloads of aggravation, m8...

Q. Can I run Autobouquets on a daily Timer, while I'm still asleep?

A. Certainly! Firstly, go BLUE > BLUE > BLUE > GREEN to make your EPG autoload
60 seconds after boot. Now, say you get up at 07:00 each day. Create a new Daily
Timer (BLUE > YELLOW) for 06:30 - Type: Run Plugin - toggle Schedule Timer from
ONCE to DAILY - Select Plugin: AutoBouquets and finally- RED to Save Timer.

Obviously, for this to work, you'll need to leave the box powered on overnight
and perhaps in Standby Mode when you turn in. Naturally, choose a time to suit
your daily routines, and remember, you can set different times for different
days of the week if you wish.

A setup like this will ensure your DM500S is always refreshed, bang up to date
on services and bouquets, and (as the box auto-reboots after AutoBouquets), if
you have followed the above advice, your EPG is loaded too!!

Not to worry, if you now intend to use a similar setup, please report back on how it goes for you. And just so you know that we DO react to feedback, we have this very morning reinforced the autoscan_start ~ rdmapautogen ~ rtmapautogen scripts to make it impossible for GetEPG or RT-EPG to load if any of those processes are already running.

That will be in the first online update, when it goes active (still waiting for one little elusive mod).

lfc84
24th February, 2013, 06:27 PM
I did read the tut. But the mistake I made was listening to the missus complaining about the LED's on all night, so I turned it off ! LOL

If the box isnt powered off I wouldnt have run into any issues

PaphosAL
24th February, 2013, 08:38 PM
Noticed you edited your post where you said (I think) that you had both timers set for 09:30 ???

This kinda confuses peeps following this thread, wondering if the Old Git has finally lost the plot, LOL!

Turn the "Load GetEPG on Wakeup" OFF as well, please. And place a folded brown envelope over the right hand side of your DM500 so the LED is no longer visible. (nb: We are unable to package this item with Commando releases).

@Devilfish: Most boards have a blocker to stop members editing their post AFTER someone has replied to it, to stop the thread getting twisted out of context. Do you think this might be a good idea on D-K m8?

PaphosAL
24th February, 2013, 09:31 PM
@lfc84: in one of your edited posts, did you include a df (free space) report from telnet? If so, can I see it again, please? If not, ignore this post, it must have been elsewhere that someone only had just over 1mb left, which concerns me a great deal...

lfc84
24th February, 2013, 09:38 PM
@lfc84: in one of your edited posts, did you include a df (free space) report from telnet? If so, can I see it again, please? If not, ignore this post, it must have been elsewhere that someone only had just over 1mb left, which concerns me a great deal...

I did post a df but since it added no value to the problem I had described, I removed it. Anyway, here it is again:

Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 2816 2816 0 100% /
/dev/mtdblock/1 4096 1668 2428 41% /var

voc1967
28th February, 2013, 12:41 PM
Does anyone know how to set up mgcamd with this Img ?

Thanks for the info if anyone can help .

What folders do the files go in ?

gooleys12
28th February, 2013, 03:24 PM

Supported softcams (correctly named) are:
CCcam
evocamd
gbox
mgcamd
newcamd
oscam
and it/they belong in the /var/bin/emu folder

For mgcamd - you need to add the provided libcrypto.0.9.7 file to /var/lib -this is included in the file. FTP to copy.

U then need to download the mgcamd 1.38 file Google it.
Copy the following files to the box all files cAsE sensitive!
mgcamd in /var/bin/emu/
mg_cfg, newcamd.list in /var/keys/
sealions in cccamd.list in /var/keys/

Note it will be named mgcamd.ppc copy it to the right place then edit and change the name only to mgcamd save and close.

Close and restart should be to go.

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2

pjmorie
28th February, 2013, 08:47 PM

What's the difference between mgcamd and CCcam?

voc1967
28th February, 2013, 08:49 PM
What's the difference between mgcamd and CCcam?

Its more stable

pjmorie
1st March, 2013, 02:22 PM
Its more stable

Which one is more stable?

psats
1st March, 2013, 03:09 PM
Which one is more stable?

each version is as good as the other end

lfc84
3rd March, 2013, 08:10 PM
I found that when scrolling through the channels you could put in the channel number or use channel up/down to watch adult channels - even though the adult bouquet is hidden + locked.

So I have edited local.scan so that it deletes the adult channels. I have successfully deleted the channels - with one exception.

I've got this channel on the box (from the web gui):

400. Viewers' Wives (NVOD)

On the tv display it shows it as Viewers' Wives

So I tried the following:

delete "1" "Viewers' Wives (NVOD)"
delete "1" "Viewers' Wives (NVOD) "
delete "1" "Viewers' Wives"
delete "1" "Viewers' Wives "

None of them have resulted in the channel being deleted.

Any ideas?

PaphosAL
4th March, 2013, 11:02 AM
Are you locking / hiding the Adult AND PPV bouquets. Coz PPV is NVOD pr0n! And I take it you are doing this in the AutoBouquets menu, not in Bouquet Editor?

I have both these bouquets hidden and cannot replicate the anomaly you report. The problem with your method is that these channels will find there way into bouquet Others if that is turned on. For me, they don't.

So I think the answer to your issue is simple. Revert the Adult bouquet to how it was. Hide / Lock it in AutoBouquets and the PPV bouquet too. After AutoBouquets is run, you should NO pr0n channels under ANY cirumstances, not even when you zap through all the channels from 1 and upwards.

lfc84
4th March, 2013, 11:20 AM
Cheers, I will check Autobouquets has got both Adult and PPV locked+hidden.

I know that I have got Adult already locked+hidden. I have got Sky Box Office viewable. I can't recall the setting for PPV bouquet (or even seeing it...). I will double check later.

Do I need to delete the adult channels using local.scan ?
Do I need to enable youth protection and set the pin to be always requested?

lfc84
4th March, 2013, 01:50 PM
i have just double checked Autobouquets.

I have got Adult already locked+hidden. I have got Sky Box Office viewable. I have already got PPV locked+hidden.

So, to recap. When zapping through channels i was able to get to the adult channels so i deleted them in local.scan but its left one channel still. i have got other bouquet not shown.

the adult channels are not in any bouquet, they are reachable using channel up/down

the same applies to the international channels and shopping channels, even though they arent in a bouquet i can still get to them using zap up/down. but of course, not too bothered about them compared to the adult channels

PaphosAL
4th March, 2013, 03:48 PM
I recommend you reflash with the release Commando, then apply the online update just announced.

Then SML after the reboot, then AutoBouquets. In C14.7 release, Adult and PPV are Hidden / Locked in any case. Doesn't matter about Parental Control, those naughty channels will NOT show under ANY circumstances, not even in 'Other'.

But once you remove channels from a bouquet, they WILL show in 'Other' (if set to ON). HTH

lfc84
4th March, 2013, 07:21 PM
I recommend you reflash with the release Commando, then apply the online update just announced.

Then SML after the reboot, then AutoBouquets. In C14.7 release, Adult and PPV are Hidden / Locked in any case. Doesn't matter about Parental Control, those naughty channels will NOT show under ANY circumstances, not even in 'Other'.

But once you remove channels from a bouquet, they WILL show in 'Other' (if set to ON). HTH

Here's the steps I have taken:

- reflashed with the initial release
- applied the online update as stated in the txt file
- used the location wizard
- used BLUE > 1 > YELLOW > RED
- used BLUE > 2
- changed the theme

Now when i zap channel up/down i see the channels that are not allocated to any bouquet (eg. god channel & climax channel plus many other channels). As shown in the channel history...

What am I doing wrong....?

PaphosAL
4th March, 2013, 07:53 PM
Plese explain what your BLUE > 1 > YELLOW > RED step is all about. I might be a bit pissed now, but that takes you into Tuxbox Commander, surely?

Did the update complete FULLY for you? Did you get a root flash update? And then the invite to SML again?

AL :)

EDIT: God Channel is the lead channel in Religion bouquet, which is set to SHOW

Climax is in the Adult bouquet, which is hidden/locked. There is only one Climax in services.xml - so it should NOT be viewable anywhere, anyhow on your box, m8. Coz it certainly ain't on mine- I just checked...

lfc84
4th March, 2013, 09:26 PM
Plese explain what your BLUE > 1 > YELLOW > RED step is all about. I might be a bit pissed now, but that takes you into Tuxbox Commander, surely?

Did the update complete FULLY for you? Did you get a root flash update? And then the invite to SML again?

AL :)

EDIT: God Channel is the lead channel in Religion bouquet, which is set to SHOW

Climax is in the Adult bouquet, which is hidden/locked. There is only one Climax in services.xml - so it should NOT be viewable anywhere, anyhow on your box, m8. Coz it certainly ain't on mine- I just checked...

BLUE > 1 > YELLOW > RED

try again....i should have wrote...

BLUE > OK > YELLOW > RED - takes me into bouquet selections
BLUE > 2 - takes me to AUTOBOUQUETS NOW

God Channel is the lead channel in Religion bouquet, which is set to hidden/locked on my settings. You can see my bouquets in the attached image.

Climax is in the Adult bouquet, which is hidden/locked.

Like I say I get to them by channel up/down or by entering the channel number

I've wrote the steps that I have taken. So perhaps I am doing something wrong.

I'd love to know what....

By the way - the online update was followed as requested in the txt file. I know it worked since it changed the theme, defaulted to London, and then after the online update I did the SML

jaynino
4th March, 2013, 10:51 PM
Just wanted to say, not only is 14.7 incredible on it's own but the on-line update feature is genius.
Just one suggestion, feel free to tell me i'm talking rubbish however.
Would there be any advantage to loading a warning box after say a reboot for example when a script is scheduled to run?
I just accidently set my location after the on-line update incorrectly as I "stupidly" wasn't expecting the box to appear.
Just thinking of how to help make it more "non-techie" friendly?

What do you think?
Cheers.
Jay

PaphosAL
5th March, 2013, 10:21 AM
Just wanted to say, not only is 14.7 incredible on it's own but the on-line update feature is genius.
Just one suggestion, feel free to tell me i'm talking rubbish however.
Would there be any advantage to loading a warning box after say a reboot for example when a script is scheduled to run?
I just accidently set my location after the on-line update incorrectly as I "stupidly" wasn't expecting the box to appear.

What do you think?
Cheers.
Jay

Don't worry if you set your location incorrectly, I've done this deliberately many times during testing!

Just hit MENU > 3 and Restore SML

Eazy Peazy! Cheers- AL :)

PaphosAL
5th March, 2013, 11:04 AM
@lfc84: Looks like I have a humble apology to make, m8. I see what you mean now. Like you, I prefer the Plus1 bouquet mode, and that bouquet is at the bottom of my bouquets listing (I have quite a few bouquets Hidden/Locked).

The last channel in Plus1 is "Tiny Pop +1" so if I'm tuned to BBC1 and press Dn / Ch- I expect to go 'backwards in the channel list and zap to Tiny Pop +1

But it doesn't. I'm in SBO, which is Hidden/Locked, ffs! It's all coming back to me now, that this is standard Neutrino zapit behaviour. Stupid, but standard.

Looks like the strategy you were trying in your OP above might be the best way forward, so let's focus first on why you were making life difficult for yourself with the "Viewers' Wives" channel you were trying to delete in local.scan - channel names must EXACTLY match that found in bouquets.xml

So have both files open in notepad++ and copy the whole channel name in bouquets including the " quote marks each end) to paste into the local.scan file. In this instance, you will see it is "Viewers&apos; Wives" that you need! Bit of a difference to your 'trial and error' attempts, eh?

So yes, now these 'deleted' services are not allocated to a bouquet, then they WILL show in bouquet 'Other' if this is set to ON. But with 'Other' set to the default OFF, the zapping anomaly you've rediscovered for us should no longer occur. But I'll do some testing today and get back.

lfc84
5th March, 2013, 11:58 AM
@PaphosAL - that makes sense and I'm glad you can see the issue now using channel up/down or when directly entering the channel number. Deleting them in local.scan is good solution for now. Until a channel renames or a new addition comes along :laugh:

Hopefully your testing can identify a solution because all users of thie brilliant image need to be aware that the kids can stil get at it.

purdybread
5th March, 2013, 03:14 PM
Hi,

Hoping someone can help

I want to add the basic Irish channels to the entertainment bouquet, but cant figure out how to do it.

Basically I want to add RTE 1, RTE2 and TG4 below BBC Four.

After installing the image I run SML

Then proceed to AUTOBOUQUETS

At this stage I cant find RTE anywhere so I added the A-Z Astra 28.2 Bouquet as detailed in the "Hints & Tips" help file.

I am now able to use Bouquet Editor to add RTE to the Entertainment bouquet. All seems good.

However if I rerun autobouquets (I intend to set it on a timer so testing what happens) I lose my RTE channels and the A-Z bouquet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

EDIT: I have noticed I dont actually need the A-Z bouquet to add them via the bouquet editor. but they still disappear after a run of AUTOBOUQUETS

P

lfc84
5th March, 2013, 03:41 PM
@purdybread

this adds them into regional for me

add_above "1" "BBC 1 Scotland" "RTE One"
add_above "1" "BBC 1 Scotland" "RTE TWO"
add_above "1" "BBC 1 Scotland" "TV3"
add_above "1" "BBC 1 Scotland" "TG4"
add_above "1" "BBC 1 Scotland" "3e"

so for you....

change BBC 1 Scotland to the channel follwing BBC four

all this in local.scan.......this will be permanent

if you use bouquet editor they will disappear after a run of AUTOBOUQUETS

PaphosAL
5th March, 2013, 04:29 PM
Excellent reply to purdybread thanks, lfc84- you have been promoted to Team Commando Tech Support Help Desk! So we could do with your first name, please. I'm AL :)

Right- let's get on with solving your issue, which is really excellent feedback for us, as we really thought that Commando had always been in 100% 'Child-friendly' mode in release setup. To find out it's not has made drop everything this morning and focus fully on getting this right for you (and others with kids in the house!)

Assuming you're already street-wise regarding text editing (and preserving Linux - UNIX/ANSI format) append the contents of the attached to your existing /var/tuxbox/config/local.scan file, please. Then run AutoBouquets...

Tip (for other users): Do this AFTER running SML and BEFORE AutoBouquets

Remember: the 44 pr0n channels removed from bouquets will STILL show in bouquet 'Other' - see note at top of my file.

Also: I'm removing 19 crap channels in Entertainment. See note too

Feedback on how it goes, please!

Cheers- AL ;)

purdybread
5th March, 2013, 04:34 PM
@purdybread

this adds them info regional for me

add_above "1" "BBC 1 Scotland" "RTE One"
add_above "1" "BBC 1 Scotland" "RTE TWO"
add_above "1" "BBC 1 Scotland" "TV3"
add_above "1" "BBC 1 Scotland" "TG4"
add_above "1" "BBC 1 Scotland" "3e"

so for you....

change BBC 1 Scotland to the channel follwing BBC four

all this in local.scan

Cheers Mate,

For some reason when I replaced "BBC 1 Scotland" with "ITV2" they appeared above Sly Living, so just re-run it placing them above Channel 5 instead.

lfc84
5th March, 2013, 05:00 PM
Excellent reply to purdybread thanks, lfc84- you have been promoted to Team Commando Tech Support Help Desk! So we could do with your first name, please. I'm AL :)

Right- let's get on with solving your issue, which is really excellent feedback for us, as we really thought that Commando had always been in 100% 'Child-friendly' mode in release setup. To find out it's not has made drop everything this morning and focus fully on getting this right for you (and others with kids in the house!)

Assuming you're already street-wise regarding text editing (and preserving Linux - UNIX/ANSI format) append the contents of the attached to your existing /var/tuxbox/config/local.scan file, please. Then run AutoBouquets...

Tip (for other users): Do this AFTER running SML and BEFORE AutoBouquets

Remember: the 44 pr0n channels removed from bouquets will STILL show in bouquet 'Other' - see note at top of my file.

Also: I'm removing 19 crap channels in Entertainment. See note too

Feedback on how it goes, please!

Cheers- AL ;)

Some feedback.....now that we are on the same page and understand each other :)

I appended the contents of the attached txt file so that the pr0n channels were deleted. I wasnt bothered about the 19 in Entertainment so I have left that bouquet as it was originally.

After running Autobouquets the pr0n channels have gone along with the ppv :top:

Obviously, the god channel and other channels are still lurking when you do channel up/down but that's ok.

The main thing is that the naughty stuff has gone and you understand the problem now.

Obviously there is one drawback with all this....if one of the naughty channels changes name or a new one launches it will be viewable.

I suppose I could update the cam to block those channels, but that leads me down another path of learning.... :roflmao:

EDIT: I've enabled the "Plus 1hr Channels" bouquet. I notice that the following channels are showing in Entertainment: m>movies+1, BET+1 and True Ent+1

PaphosAL
5th March, 2013, 08:30 PM
Some feedback.....now that we are on the same page and understand each other :)

You'll be amazed at what's in the next update, thanks to you!

Obviously, the god channel and other channels are still lurking when you do channel up/down but that's ok.

Are you saying that you have the "Religion" bouquet Hidden/Locked? You'll end up in hell if you have, LOL! Where do you think the inspiration for all todays work came from?

Obviously there is one drawback with all this....if one of the naughty channels changes name or a new one launches it will be viewable.

Yes, but we can't control things like that to the nth degree, can we? We rely on a modicum of intelligence from the user to update that sort of stuff when the GetEPG autogen log clearly alerts them to a new or renamed channel in "Adult" or "Pay per view" and take the appropriate collateral steps...

I''ve enabled the "Plus 1hr Channels" bouquet. I notice that the following channels are showing in Entertainment: m>movies+1, BET+1 and True Ent+1

We were SO tempted to include an updated radiotimes.scan and plus1.scan in the update. But we had to stick to our promise NOT to touch files that were likely to have been already customized by the user in the past month.

Again- GetEPG autogen alerts you to these changes, so to be frank, they should have already been in place at your end? We have no way of knowing if they are or not, without writing a script as long as 'War and Peace'!!!

So you don't have a first name then? Fine, your call, m8...

PaphosAL
6th March, 2013, 10:40 AM
... Would there be any advantage to loading a warning box after say a reboot for example when a script is scheduled to run?

What do you think?
Cheers.
Jay

Eh? I thought we already popped up a user-friendly message for 6 seconds prior to taking you to the SML menu?

"Set My Location Wizard has important improvements!
It is recommended you run it again, please..."

And then it takes you automatically to SML. It doesn't get more non-techy and user-friendly than that, surely?

DeGraff
7th March, 2013, 09:50 AM
hey paphoSAL, i live in Barbados i just loaded Commando onto my Dreambox 500c and i am using a modem ..right now i am only getting the Commando logo and every channel is marked "not available" can you render some assistance please?:beer:.. thank you

PaphosAL
7th March, 2013, 06:26 PM
hey paphoSAL, i live in Barbados i just loaded Commando onto my Dreambox 500c and i am using a modem ..right now i am only getting the Commando logo and every channel is marked "not available" can you render some assistance please?:beer:.. thank you

For a DM500C cable box, you'll need a valid /var/etc/cables.xml file for your region and ensure the provider name in there is mimicked EXACTLY in /var/tuxbox/config/scan.conf file in this line:

satNameNoDiseqc=Astra 28.2E

you change our UK default to

satNameNoDiseqc=Barbados Cable TV

but use the provider name you see near the top of cables.xml - not my invented one! Here's a working example from DM500C users in Deutschland:

<cables>
<cable name="Kabel Deutschland" flags="9">

I'm retired now, so if you are still stuck, just send me a return Economy Class return ticket from LHR or LGW to Barbados and put me up on HB (I don't do lunch) for a week, and I'll get it sorted for you, LOL!

Cheers- AL :beer:

bahmonkeyss
9th March, 2013, 09:33 PM
anybody have autobouqet problems. When trying to load the autobouquet it get to the part where it maps the bouquets but fails. Something about autobouquets cannot be found stop script

SatSearching
15th March, 2013, 09:07 PM
And Sat will require someone to carry his hair care products and styling implements.

:roflmao:

You obviously lost experience of "owning hair" many years ago as Harry Hill is your current stylist.....

Git

SS

PaphosAL
17th March, 2013, 02:45 PM
anybody have autobouqet problems. When trying to load the autobouquet it get to the part where it maps the bouquets but fails. Something about autobouquets cannot be found stop script

I did reply in detail earlier, but sadly, with Devilfish needing to restore D-K to an earlier VB version using a Sat morning backup, my post was lost. Don't worry, the info I used in the post was backed up here, and I'll post it again when Devilfish gives the all clear signal.

Meanwhile- there is absolutely nothing wrong with AutoBouquets, I promise. Your issue is down to a weak signal, causing Service Scan to miss certain vital channels.

Maybe the recent gusty weather has shifted your dish out of alignment? Has AutoBouquets worked for you previously, or was this your first go?

zwarder
29th March, 2013, 05:15 PM
Just downloaded this image it's great, but when I went to update my box said file not found

The Mentalist
30th March, 2013, 02:21 PM
Used this image and think it is superb, but, I spent almost a day trying to get it to work fully.
I followed the instructions on the hints & tips and it would not work. After much head scratching i decided to set to chmod 755 and it worked. Happy days are back.

phoneman786
1st April, 2013, 11:09 AM
brilliant image...... i have followed helps and tips and placed cams correctly but still only freebies working... please advise

psats
1st April, 2013, 12:06 PM
brilliant image...... i have followed helps and tips and placed cams correctly but still only freebies working... please advise

have you activated cam from blue button menu
and inserted the line into the correct place

phoneman786
1st April, 2013, 12:14 PM
yes cam is on,, placed CCcam in var/bin/emu and cccam.cfg in var/etc

phoneman786
1st April, 2013, 02:35 PM
any ideas on why script is not running for my cam?

The Mentalist
1st April, 2013, 08:12 PM
I followed hints & tips and had same problem. Eventually i tried setting chmod to 755 and it worked.

phoneman786
2nd April, 2013, 03:24 PM
I followed hints & tips and had same problem. Eventually i tried setting chmod to 755 and it worked.

i have ftp'd to chmod file how do i change its attributes?

bugaloo41
2nd April, 2013, 04:08 PM
i have ftp'd to chmod file how do i change its attributes?

Just right click the file in your ftp program, select 'chmod', 'properties' or 'attributes' depending on your program and tick the three 'execute' boxes so that the number changes to 755. Alternatively highlight cam, double click attributes and change the highlight numbers to 755

phoneman786
2nd April, 2013, 05:49 PM
they are already ticked,,

phoneman786
2nd April, 2013, 06:48 PM
anyone can help with me not being able to see pay channels? cam is on

digicon
2nd April, 2013, 08:55 PM
anyone can help with me not being able to see pay channels? cam is on

You wont get any help with that side of the receiver sorry.

preditor
5th April, 2013, 03:48 PM
Hi is Their an International Bouquet included in this image?

preditor
5th April, 2013, 07:29 PM
Hi just tested. Very nice image. I just wanted to know is their any way of Geting back to the bouquets using the BLUE Button Instead of the menu button ??

psats
6th April, 2013, 09:37 AM
Hi just tested. Very nice image. I just wanted to know is their any way of Geting back to the bouquets using the BLUE Button Instead of the menu button ??

ok / menu .................

ok left right

phoneman786
6th April, 2013, 10:51 AM
checked with cline provider, i do not need an open vpn connection,, so why is my box not working??? followed hints and tips.. do i have to add cccam in temp folder?

bugaloo41
6th April, 2013, 11:28 AM
checked with cline provider, i do not need an open vpn connection,, so why is my box not working??? followed hints and tips.. do i have to add cccam in temp folder?

Mate there are no pre-installed cams with Commando images. Brilliant image though and 60 seconds work will sort it out for you.

You should Ftp the CCcam bin file to /var/bin/emu and then chmod the file with attributes 755. The CCcam.cfg file goes to /var/ect and naturally this is where you save your "line". Reboot and voila your sorted.

PaphosAL
7th April, 2013, 09:03 AM
Hi is Their an International Bouquet included in this image?

Yes, and a very big bouquet it is too! AL :)

PaphosAL
7th April, 2013, 09:15 AM
Mate there are no pre-installed cams with Commando images. Brilliant image though and 60 seconds work will sort it out for you.

You should Ftp the CCcam bin file to /var/bin/emu and then chmod the file with attributes 755. The CCcam.cfg file goes to /var/ect and naturally this is where you save your "line". Reboot and voila your sorted.

You don't really need to chmod 755 the cam manually, as the BLUE > MENU > RED Softcam menu does this for you when you START the cam in there. Something else important is done at that point, too, which your instructions have missed.

A 0 byte 'marker' file /var/etc/.cccam gets created, which if found during boot up, automatically starts CCcam. Think about it... After your reboot, you would have FTA only, as no CCcam resident. THEN you would go to the Softcam menu to start the cam, yeah?

And in doing so created the marker file for the cam to thereafter auto-start after each boot! So you might as well kill two birds with one stone by doing it all from the Softcam menu in the first place!

overdrive
8th April, 2013, 08:40 PM
Looks like a vast amount of work has gone into his iamge. Will it work on the DM500S?

Cheers

Dave

digicon
8th April, 2013, 10:02 PM
Looks like a vast amount of work has gone into his iamge. Will it work on the DM500S?

Cheers

Dave

With a thread titled Commando 14.7 DM500 Release

I am sure you can work that one out

overdrive
9th April, 2013, 06:53 PM
Sorry I should had made my question clearer. I downloaded and tried the image but kept getting the error "failed to see valid transponder" or something like that. It was the " S " in the DM500 that I was questioning. Is the image compatible with both the DM500 & DM500S, thanks Dave

psats
9th April, 2013, 07:01 PM
the { S } means satellite

preditor
9th April, 2013, 10:06 PM
Excellent Image However PrimeTime does not work ?? everything else works perfect

anniemay
9th April, 2013, 11:20 PM
can anyone help how do i install mgcamd on this imageand how to start and restart mgcamd thanks

ronan collins
10th April, 2013, 03:10 AM
Hi preditor :) The primetime channel is Broadcasting in data only Just like the box-office channels some hd boxes will pick it up. m8

ryanmc
11th April, 2013, 11:33 AM
Hi Everyone
I was wondering if anyone can help me.
I have just installing the Commando 14.7 image on my DM500. Step up was pretty straight forward and everything seems to work. The only issue i am having is that the EPG in the entrainment bouquet is not being populated. I have rerun Autobouquet and GetEPG a number of times now and still only the entrainment bouquet isn't being populated with an EPG. I noticed after the first time I ran Autobouquet that entrainment bouquet was locked for some unknown reason so I unlocked it and tried a rescan and still no lucky. Is the entrainment bouquet not mapped? How can I check this? I would be grateful for any help. :acne:

ryanmc
11th April, 2013, 02:21 PM
Got it sorted, i use Get EPG wizard that mapped the entertainment bouquet.

PaphosAL
12th April, 2013, 08:48 AM
You seem to have messed with default settings and gotten yourself in a bit of a muddle. Using BLUE > Tuxbox Commander, navigate to the /var/etc folder (it's one level up from where the helpfiles are kept) and if you see a file named .bq01 then DELETE it.

Run AutoBouquets and the next time GetEPG loads, you should have full EPG throughout your "Entertainment" bouquet.

Kalipo
13th April, 2013, 11:29 PM
Since i installed this ive had problems with lip sync.. :(

I have to tune out then back in pretty much every few hours..

Like now.. for instance... begining of a film.. way out of sync... then now with 10-15 mins left its out of sync... :(.. apart from that.. this image gets the best out of a crappy little ?50 receiver (even though i bought it when it was first released ) :)

deanlecky
14th April, 2013, 01:02 AM
Is there any FTP method to upgrading from 14.6 to 14.7 wihout having to reflash via cable?
I have read every page of this thread and no joy so im guessing im either blind or it cant be done?:stupid:

Elric
14th April, 2013, 01:05 AM
Is there any FTP method to upgrading from 14.6 to 14.7 wihout having to reflash via cable?
I have read every page of this thread and no joy so im guessing im either blind or it cant be done?:stupid:

put the commando 14.7 in the temp folder of the dm500 via a ftp client
and goto image upgrade via the blue button (i think) on the remote

bob114
14th April, 2013, 07:13 AM
Hi

As said above put commando 14.7 image into temp folder with a ftp program
Then on remote menu/sevices /image upgrade (its at the bottom of the menu)
Press ok and follow on screen instructions

deanlecky
14th April, 2013, 04:09 PM
Wayhey up and running, piece of cake thanks to the great help from the forum as usual, its the dogs danglies! Thanks to everyone involved Al, Lraizer and the gang!

DiNGi
18th April, 2013, 04:31 PM
Hey guys started using this image its fantastic!

Just a quick one - how do I manually add transponders? Such as... 11053.00 V 300003/4 - Cant seem to find that page anywhere! :dejection:

BadBoyR
18th April, 2013, 10:38 PM
Since i installed this ive had problems with lip sync.. :(

I have to tune out then back in pretty much every few hours..

Like now.. for instance... begining of a film.. way out of sync... then now with 10-15 mins left its out of sync... :(.. apart from that.. this image gets the best out of a crappy little ?50 receiver (even though i bought it when it was first released ) :)

I am also getting the same issue.

PaphosAL
19th April, 2013, 08:15 AM
Are you guys on 28.2?E or another sat? /var/etc/satellites.xml is what you're looking for.

Please tell us if our file needs additions, and under which satellite. Thanks- AL :)

DiNGi
19th April, 2013, 09:08 AM
Hi PaphosAL - thank you.

How likely will a future update have a GUI to add transponders manually?

Kalipo
19th April, 2013, 08:53 PM
I am also getting the same issue.

Thanks.. least im not the only one..was thinking of reflashing but ill probably wait for the next installment of the image :).

psats
19th April, 2013, 10:19 PM
Hi PaphosAL - thank you.

How likely will a future update have a GUI to add transponders manually?

menu / services / scan modes / ok

smirnoff_rules
19th April, 2013, 11:58 PM
l had to revert to a march backup . stopped updating channels and lip sync problems ?

PaphosAL
21st April, 2013, 08:07 PM
Not exactly what I'd call objective feedback, s_r! We will await some more detail from you before attempting to reply to your issues, m8.

For example- "stopped updating channels". Can I safely assume that at some point since the Sat 06 April online update being applied, AutoBouquets has perhaps stopped working for you? If so, at what point, please? And does this still happen when trying it with your earlier backup image? (AL's guess: yes)

Lip-Sync issues: Are you seeing this problem on ALL channels, or only on some? More info please, as I cannot replicate this here at all...

Play fair with us please, as your post was, well, a bit disheartening, to say the least...

smirnoff_rules
21st April, 2013, 08:37 PM
meant to edit and add to it in the morning after rollback to see if problems where still there ,

l was havnin problems with the epg and some times the bouquets were missing and only 2 left interactive and one other

lip sync on fta channels as well as movies , out by alot sometimes . just have to change channels and was ok

might be a bad flash , lm daughter has this 14.7 but l didnt update hers last time

its fine again now tho ? will do a clean reinstall when l get a chance incase its a bad update

, posted a 12pm after the wife said she couldnt choice any channels

Kalipo
21st April, 2013, 09:36 PM
meant to edit and add to it in the morning after rollback to see if problems where still there ,

l was havnin problems with the epg and some times the bouquets were missing and only 2 left interactive and one other

lip sync on fta channels as well as movies , out by alot sometimes . just have to change channels and was ok

might be a bad flash , lm daughter has this 14.7 but l didnt update hers last time

its fine again now tho ? will do a clean reinstall when l get a chance incase its a bad update

, posted a 12pm after the wife said she couldnt choice any channels

exact same issue as i posted 1 page back...

Funny how i didnt get a reply..

NICETOBNICE
22nd April, 2013, 05:32 PM
hi guys i have a problem with my auto boquets it goes through the proces finds 651 channels but then screws up the bouquets any idea what to do ?

NICETOBNICE
22nd April, 2013, 06:27 PM
update guys i have updated the image and deleted the version file from within ftp then upgraded the image it was sucessfully updated but i still have the same problem?

when it scans it finds all channels then it hits a problem when doing the mapping of the bouquets
has anyone had this issue ?

smirnoff_rules
22nd April, 2013, 06:40 PM
u can try my backup . its before last update and see if the problem goes . has c**ms too http://rapidshare.com/files/1842937287/C14-7-dm500-backup30.01.13.rar

add to temp and manual install

BadBoyR
22nd April, 2013, 10:13 PM
For lipsync issues you need to keep it on the same channel and you will eventually see it, however when you change the channel it is back to normal.

NICETOBNICE
23rd April, 2013, 06:37 PM
u can try my backup . its before last update and see if the problem goes . has c**ms too http://rapidshare.com/files/1842937287/C14-7-dm500-backup30.01.13.rar

add to temp and manual install
Thanks mate still the same cant understand it ?

DiNGi
24th April, 2013, 11:16 AM
menu / services / scan modes / ok

Thanks for the directions - however upon attempting to manually scan a transponder I keep getting the following message.

'Transponderscan failed'

I save the transponder, go back a screen, set the satellite I want (as I can not select the satellite I want in the previous screen) and press Scan now.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

PaphosAL
24th April, 2013, 06:14 PM
Exactly at what point does it 'screw up' please, NICETOBNICE, and with what sort of popup message?

PaphosAL
24th April, 2013, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the directions - however upon attempting to manually scan a transponder I keep getting the following message.

'Transponderscan failed'

I save the transponder, go back a screen, set the satellite I want (as I can not select the satellite I want in the previous screen) and press Scan now.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

PLEASE! Can you tell us EXACTLY what you're trying to do here, step by step, and for WHICH satellite, and WHY?

It might help us give a proper answer to your cloudy question, m8...

Thanks- AL :confused:

karl1234
25th April, 2013, 11:57 PM
I have downloaded this image and cant get CCcam 2.1.4 - The Gemini (http://www.dreamboxtool.com/CCcam/CCcam-2-1-4---The-Gemini-Project.html) on to it. i have tired several web page but all time show me the same instruction. but it does not work on this image or just am doing something wrong. can you please help.

this is the instruction that i followed.......................................... ....................

digicon
26th April, 2013, 12:21 AM
I have downloaded this image and cant get CCcam 2.1.4 - The Gemini (http://www.dreamboxtool.com/CCcam/CCcam-2-1-4---The-Gemini-Project.html) on to it. i have tired several web page but all time show me the same instruction. but it does not work on this image or just am doing something wrong. can you please help.

this is the instruction that i followed.......................................... ....................

Read the rules please: http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f5/forum-rules-2/#post2 especially this one: Linking to CS Payservers for any reason is not allowed

DiNGi
26th April, 2013, 08:32 AM
PLEASE! Can you tell us EXACTLY what you're trying to do here, step by step, and for WHICH satellite, and WHY?

It might help us give a proper answer to your cloudy question, m8...

Thanks- AL :confused:

Hello Al,

Ok, I am trying to scan a transponder that carries ERT World for HELLAS SAT 39.0East.

I go to the service scan menu and set it to one transponder.

I input the position, symbol rate etc but can not set the satellite to HELLAS SAT here (its greyed out on EutelSat 13.0e)

So I save my changes, go back a screen (back to service scan) and set the satellite to HELLAS SAT here on this screen.

I save my changes and go to scan now. Upon 3-4 seconds I get a popup saying Manual Transponder Scan failed (or something along those lines can confirm word for word when back home).

Have checked ERT World transponder on both KingOfSat and LyngSat for Hellas - both same variables.

Thanks in advance.

DiNGi
26th April, 2013, 08:34 AM
Sorry forgot to mention - I can watch RIK Sat on HELLAS SAT perfectly so I know the dish can reach that satellite.

PaphosAL
28th April, 2013, 03:53 PM
OK, Dingi, I see what you are trying to do now, I think. Make a backup of Satsearching's global /var/etc/satellites.xml and ADD your missing transponder in an edited version, with the new transponder frequency line being inserted in the correct freq numerical order, like so:

<sat name="Hellas Sat 2 39.0E" flags="0" position="390">
<transponder frequency="10956000" symbol_rate="4123000" polarization="1" fec_inner="5" system="0" modulation="1"/>
<transponder frequency="10964000" symbol_rate="3300000" polarization="1" fec_inner="3" system="0" modulation="1"/>
<transponder frequency="10973000" symbol_rate="3125000" polarization="1" fec_inner="3" system="0" modulation="1"/>
<transponder frequency="10977000" symbol_rate="3125000" polarization="1" fec_inner="3" system="0" modulation="1"/>
<transponder frequency="10984000" symbol_rate="5926000" polarization="1" fec_inner="4" system="0" modulation="1"/>
<transponder frequency="11012000" symbol_rate="30000000" polarization="1" fec_inner="3" system="1" modulation="2"/>
<transponder frequency="11044000" symbol_rate="14400000" polarization="1" fec_inner="3" system="0" modulation="1"/>
your new line for 11053000 goes here
<transponder frequency="11078000" symbol_rate="4070000" polarization="1" fec_inner="5" system="0" modulation="1"/>
<transponder frequency="11097000" symbol_rate="6111000" polarization="0" fec_inner="3" system="0" modulation="1"/>

And then Scan that satellite, NOT one transponder. That method fails, because the transponder doesn't exist in satellites.xml

Yia mas! AL :)

kurnal
30th April, 2013, 01:18 AM
Hi all, I've successfully loaded the commando 14.7. Have read and re-read the help files but I'm struggling to get the epg data to populate for international channels. Everything else works as should and also have epg data for most of the bouquets such as movies, music, kids etc. Its just international channels along with shopping, religion that are not populating. I have re-run the bouquets etc as mentioned within this thread but the problem still persists. Please could someone advise as it would be greatly and much appreciated. Thanks

PaphosAL
30th April, 2013, 11:20 AM
EPG for International, yes I can understand that. But for Shopping? You surely cannot be serious?

But if you want it, it's no problem. Just read the GetEPG.txt helpfile, where I tell you in great detail how to switch EPG to ON for selected channels and so on.

kurnal
30th April, 2013, 11:52 AM
EPG for International, yes I can understand that. But for Shopping? You surely cannot be serious?

But if you want it, it's no problem. Just read the GetEPG.txt helpfile, where I tell you in great detail how to switch EPG to ON for selected channels and so on.

Lol, I defo don't want epg for shopping. I was just pointing out what was missing. I will read the getepg.txt and report back.

Once again, thanks

kurnal
30th April, 2013, 01:28 PM
when it scans it finds all channels then it hits a problem when doing the mapping of the bouquets
has anyone had this issue ?
I'm having the exact issue. Re-uploaded image, installed update as per instructions, auto create goes through the channel mapping and then proceeds to auto create bouquets. Upon final pass it then states there are unmapped channels (7 in total)...channel 995, sly box office events/movies and the rest radio channels. It's been doing this loop for the past half hour! with the exact same channels.
Anyone with any hints?.

Kalipo
30th April, 2013, 01:34 PM
There is an update available to in the setting menu..

Did the update and still got the synch issues... but they dont seem to be as far out of synch ...

PaphosAL
30th April, 2013, 08:08 PM
It's NOT missing- it's all mapped for you! It's for YOU to decide what your preferences are, as we cannot control-freak you!

The way it works is all explained in the helpfile referred to above. So in our minds, 7 days for prime Movies and quality Sports, 3 days for middle of the road stuff, 1 day for iffy, and zero days for crap you never watch anyway.

Don't waste vital box memory on gathering EPG for channels you rarely if ever watch!

parkhall
30th April, 2013, 09:03 PM
I did the update on the weekend and every day since it keeps losing all my bouquets as well as defaulting to BBC London etc. I had it all set for Northern Ireland.

Any thoughts?

kurnal
1st May, 2013, 07:37 AM
Still having the same problem as mentioned above, continuous loop with 7 channels that need mapping (sly box office events/movies, radio channels such as XFM etc). Have left it running for 3 hours doing the loop and also flashed and re-flashed numerous of times.
Any thoughts on what could be the problem?

colinh1213
1st May, 2013, 08:01 AM
im having the same loop issues on rescanning, any ideas on a fix for it guys , thanks

colinh1213
1st May, 2013, 04:34 PM
Any clues on a fix yet guys ?

are we looking at the end for some great 500s software ?

ronan collins
2nd May, 2013, 12:28 AM
No fix yet :( commando team are working on it :)

parkhall
2nd May, 2013, 11:12 PM
Are you guys finding with this continuous loop thing that your remote doesn't always work correctly either? I thought it was the batteries but changed them a couple of times to no avail?!

ronan collins
3rd May, 2013, 12:05 AM
New C14.7 online update now LIVE ( press menu and go utilities and go to online updates ) and all is working 100% Thanks to AL

Some people may have to reflash your box!
When you flash again do an online update after your update is done go and ftp to var/ect/versions and DELETE IT then do another online update and when all this done set your location and do a new autobouquet scan and every things working 100%

( press menu and go utilities and go to online updates )

PaphosAL
3rd May, 2013, 01:10 PM
Here's a readme for wotz new in the latest online update. But it shouldn't be necessary to reflash the box first, Ronan? The broken AutoBouquets didn't cause that much destruction, LOL!

jonnyboy123
4th May, 2013, 10:23 PM
PaphosAL (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/161-paphosal/),

This looks like a great share and after scrolling through the thread am keen to install it on my Dreambox. However for some unknown reason, I do not see a tutorial on how to install it actually. I am aware that you need a null cable but I do not have one and connect to the Dreambox via RJ45 and FTP.

Please can you advise on how to go about this. Apologies if this has already been covered but did read the thread.

Regards John.

psats
5th May, 2013, 10:40 AM
PaphosAL (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/161-paphosal/),

This looks like a great share and after scrolling through the thread am keen to install it on my Dreambox. However for some unknown reason, I do not see a tutorial on how to install it actually. I am aware that you need a null cable but I do not have one and connect to the Dreambox via RJ45 and FTP.

Please can you advise on how to go about this. Apologies if this has already been covered but did read the thread.

Regards John.

HERE....
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f213/guide-flashing-dreambox-dreamup-42950/

jonnyboy123
5th May, 2013, 11:20 AM
Thanks psats,

I do not have a null modem but have now managed to connect to the Dreambox via ftp. I also downloaded all the files and noticed that there are additional files as well. Do you know where to put them all. I also just installed Flashwizrd pro.

Regards John.

kurnal
5th May, 2013, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the fix commando team regarding the loop issue. All fixed and working.
On a side note; does anyone have a work around to change the epg sizing from the default settings (small and big)?. Just finding the small too small even with my glasses and the big too big. All help would be much appreciated.

Kalipo
5th May, 2013, 01:03 PM
The lip sync issue still hasn't been fixed.. I'm wondering if it could be the cam??

kurnal
5th May, 2013, 02:27 PM
The lip sync issue still hasn't been fixed.. I'm wondering if it could be the cam??
I noticed the lip sync yesterday but very very slight, changing the channel sorted it. I do believe its the cam causing the issue as the same problem exists on my icecrypt & that's 100% down to the cam.

antsmc21
5th May, 2013, 03:53 PM
Creating your local custom bouquets -3840 seconds does it usually take this long??? thanks for any help

MelvisP
5th May, 2013, 04:52 PM
Since i applied the fix for the loop problem i have many "1|00|018|2|Khushkhabri|" channels. See attached rdmap.dat. Should i reflash the box?

smirnoff_rules
5th May, 2013, 06:37 PM
where's this fix for the loop ? l can't see one

MelvisP
5th May, 2013, 06:39 PM
On-line update

kurnal
6th May, 2013, 03:03 AM
I've lost all my picons after an 'AutoBouquets Now'. Any ideas?

lfc84
6th May, 2013, 04:48 PM
i've encountered the loop issue, so i deleted var/etc/version then i did an online update. i ran SML and finally autobouquets. but it was still looping. var/etc/version states it is 006.

i've got bouquet named "others" viewable and it has around 1200 channels inside it. after an hour of the looping i rebooted the box via telnet. once rebooted the looping issue stopped.

let me know if any more info is required.