PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Galaxy S3 - Sudden Death

raiden1976
27th January, 2013, 06:43 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure if any members have had this happen to their S3, the phone will not charge, will not turn on, will not boot. Basically, it's a brick.

I had this happen to me 4 hours ago and upon doing some research I came across the following link that explains the issue:

How to resolve “Sudden Death” on Samsung Galaxy S3? | AndroidADN (http://androidadn.com/2013/01/how-to-resolve-sudden-death-on-samsung-galaxy-s3/)

Just thought I would share the information for anyone that might have an S3. Backup your data is my suggestion.

Raiden

happy_highlander
30th January, 2013, 07:06 PM
I have that stupid chip but am also on the xxella firmware so we shall see what happens

gazza12
1st February, 2013, 04:14 PM
I had the above problem (dead phone) Samsung provide a 1 year warranty on their phones.
I suggest you bring it back to phone shop and they will send it for free repair.

(Ask for a free temp replacement phone when you are in the shop)

TomX1
3rd February, 2013, 02:29 PM
Have you rooted your S3?

colly420
5th February, 2013, 11:58 PM
Have you rooted your S3?

what are the advantages of rooting the s3?

asaintuntilidie
10th February, 2013, 11:00 AM
Samsung actually have a 24 month warranty on their handsets. The battery has 12 months. Thought it may be useful for other members to know

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

happy_highlander
10th February, 2013, 05:18 PM
Also if you have your phone on a contract the handset officially belongs to the service provider for the duration of the contact term so if you have any problems within your contact term the handset should be replaced by your provider but good luck with that one