PDA

View Full Version : intermittent signal loss of freesat under Air traffic route.

backup
4th March, 2009, 10:54 PM
Dear Friends,
after months of unreliable signals from my S*y freesat I recently found out that ocassional signal loss was due to the fact that my house is under Air traffic route. So whenever there is a big AeroPlane passing I loose signals for few seconds. they come back when the plane has gone. I thought of placing by sattlite dish from the front of my house to the back of my house which is roughly a distance of 35-40ft. but before I make such a move I wish to get some expert advice.
1) I have a small dish with 1 LNB .do I need Large Dish with more LNB's?
2) will the dish moved from its current location to 30-40ft make any difference when the plane flying over that area may be 5-6 times larger than that?
3) is there any other better suggestions than moving my dish?

thanks in advance
:sheep:

mickeymegabyte
17th March, 2009, 05:46 PM
Hello backup

If the aircraft pass through the same line everytime across you.
I would imagine that you could compare this with a tree line.

In which case if you move dish 40ft back it may solve your problem.

rongaster
8th July, 2009, 05:03 PM
You may be surprised that by moving it a few inches could solve the problem
Unless you can see the pilots face that is

backup
13th July, 2009, 09:09 AM
moving the dish to 4 ft or 40 ft does not help as the planes are too big and there are two parallel paths making it even worse . so if plane on one path has passed now the plane in the next path will interrupt the signals in the next 45-50 seconds. the only good days are when due to wind direction the planes have to go on a different route. I think I will have to talk to Rupert murd0ck or Willie walsh to do some work on it.
thanks anyway for your suggestions.

backup
30th October, 2009, 10:27 PM
Hi there , after struggling for nearly 1 year with loss of signals due to air traffic I was too fed up when I thought of using a second dish with another LNB about 40 ft away from the first one. Then put the feed from the two satellite dishes into "DiSEqC 4 Way v2.0 Switch ~ High Quality ~ Weathercap ~ 4 Inputs 1 Output ~ Receive 4 Satellites On 1 Receiver " which i bought from an online vender. took the output from this reciver and fed into the SLy freesat and wow the loss of signals was gone for ever.