PDA

View Full Version : Ipad Internet using iPhone 4

spanner
27th January, 2013, 08:51 PM
Hi all
I,m with 3 and they have offer for iPhone 4 .

Is this phone good for personal hotspot connection for watching sky go on my ipad ? Or is more advisable to go for the iphone4s ,or is there no noticeable difference ?

iPhone 5 price out of my league at the mo !

Thanks

kebabs
27th January, 2013, 09:10 PM
I have a iPhone 4 on 3 network and use it as a hotspot for the kids when we are out for connecting their iPads, no problems with the connection at all, just runs my battery down pretty quick, had my kids 2 iPads and 2 of my nephews running the other day again no connection problems

ppumkin
27th January, 2013, 09:23 PM
Usually you need to get the tethered data bundle before the iphone will allow you to setup hotspot. Or you can jailbreak it and it will do it anyway.

spanner
27th January, 2013, 11:01 PM
Usually you need to get the tethered data bundle before the iphone will allow you to setup hotspot. Or you can jailbreak it and it will do it anyway.

I,ll look into that as thought unlimited Internet covered the useage ,cheers for the info.

spanner
28th January, 2013, 12:25 AM
Your right 3 want an extra ?5 per month for tethering, nearly got caught out there I thought unlimited Internet covered it!

johnboy1974
28th January, 2013, 07:06 AM
Your right 3 want an extra ?5 per month for tethering, nearly got caught out there I thought unlimited Internet covered it!

Once a jailbreak comes out for ios6 which is the firmware you will be on, then jailbreak it and install tetherme.
This will allow unlimited tethering for free, or you could just pay 3 a fiver a month and do it officially.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

spanner
28th January, 2013, 08:31 AM
Tethering would be cheaper so better option !

flyin
29th January, 2013, 02:19 PM
Can you tether a wifi only iPad with phones and what are the other limitations when tethering like providers for instance.

johnboy1974
29th January, 2013, 11:09 PM
Can you tether a wifi only iPad with phones and what are the other limitations when tethering like providers for instance.

Yes. The phone becomes the wifi hotspot. Idevices other phones, laptops etc can all tether to it to access the Internet. It's always best to have an unlimited data plan and some providers have a small monthly charge to enable tethering.
On jail broken iPhones it can be done for free with a tweak called tetherme or mywi.
Most of the android phones can also be tethered too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD