PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Openmedia in Ireland

beemerbruser
5th March, 2009, 12:59 AM
Hi Folks!
hoping somebody can help me here. I have an Openmedia 500cs with the latest dk 1.1 installed & have no problem viewing FTA channels on the sat side but when I switch to the cable side I start to have problems.

I am on Ch***s cable & it only finds a transponder on some occasions. My signal is definitely ok & when it does find a transponder, when it scans the progress bar stays at zero. Is there a possible issue with the image? Just to note that I have installed the keys & roms into the /var/ folders too so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

portbhoy
5th March, 2009, 01:24 AM
Try a reflash mate but DK1.1 deffo works on Chorus cable I helped a guy the other day with the same image in the same area. Maybe the tuners at fault, have you tried another box? Eliminate the obvious first ;)

bakerk
5th March, 2009, 02:11 PM
Hi Folks!
hoping somebody can help me here. I have an Openmedia 500cs with the latest dk 1.1 installed & have no problem viewing FTA channels on the sat side but when I switch to the cable side I start to have problems.

I am on Ch***s cable & it only finds a transponder on some occasions. My signal is definitely ok & when it does find a transponder, when it scans the progress bar stays at zero. Is there a possible issue with the image? Just to note that I have installed the keys & roms into the /var/ folders too so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Only a thought but I had real problems scanning cable channels on my 800HD until I dropped a cable channel list onto the box (cable.xls) and then I got offered bruteforce scan and it was sorted..
If I am way off beam I apologise in advance..

:questionmark:

beemerbruser
7th March, 2009, 12:16 AM
Try a reflash mate but DK1.1 deffo works on Chorus cable I helped a guy the other day with the same image in the same area. Maybe the tuners at fault, have you tried another box? Eliminate the obvious first ;)

Tried a reflash but same issue. I'm not even getting a transponder lock. Is there something else I'm forgetting to do? Don't have another box to try unless i buy another one! You say helped a guy who is on Ch**us, do you still have that image with all the keys etc?

Cheers!