PDA

View Full Version : UnTethered Jailbreak for 6.1 imminent ...?

fijiman
28th January, 2013, 11:40 PM
Based on the tweets flying around between jailbreak devs I'm planning to update to the new 6.1 firmware now....may be as early as this weekend(jailbreak release)...

If any of you guys are planning to update as well, DO NOT use the OTA method on your iDevice you will not be able to jailbreak your device if you do... YOU have been WARNED.

mark8393
29th January, 2013, 12:07 AM
Sorry to sound dumb,what's ota, and which method should we choose m8

joecool
29th January, 2013, 07:26 AM
Use itunes to update not wifi.

billy2
29th January, 2013, 10:05 AM
Sorry to sound dumb,what's ota, and which method should we choose m8

over the air

johnboy1974
29th January, 2013, 11:09 AM
And the jailbreak for apple tv3 is imminent too. Beta testing completed and now building the graphical interface.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

joecool
29th January, 2013, 12:41 PM
that made me smile.

Jo-Jo
29th January, 2013, 09:20 PM
Just had a notification for ios6.1 update so hopefully be soon with the jailbreak as i head as soon as ios 6.1 is released it will be available fingers crossed

fijiman
30th January, 2013, 09:38 PM
For those who have an iPhone 4 or 3GS and are planning to update to 6.1, make sure you jailbreak now to a Tethered jailbreak....if and when this new Untethered jailbreak is released Cydia's servers will take a hammering[ running really slow ] from all the new jailbreakers...... So beat the rush jailbreak now if you can.

GastonJ
30th January, 2013, 10:58 PM
The early 3GS's are untethered jailbreak anyway, certainly mine is and it's on 6.0.1.

Jo-Jo
31st January, 2013, 12:14 AM
i have an iphone 4 i was on 6.0.1 teathered but had to revert back to 5.1.1 as my battery was taking a hammering and running out rapid now i am on 5.1.1 unteathered and happy with that

GastonJ
31st January, 2013, 12:45 AM
Yeah I jailbroke my brother's iphone 4 for him on 5.1.1. I had unlocked it before on an earlier version, however one day he plugged it in, opened iTunes and foolishly upgraded it without thinking, and it's stayed locked on the 04.11.08 baseband. Did check, but no blobs. Best I could do was jailbreak on 5.1.1 for him, now he waits in the hope of an unlock sometime. Though he's learnt his lesson about IOS upgrades.

He can't get it unlocked because he's no longer in the county he bought it from and his old provider won't reply to his emails.

steven2013
31st January, 2013, 12:46 AM
I got 6.1 just after release but before I heard about the JB, what I have read though is that there is NO JB for ATV3? Des anyone have actual confirmation?

fail2ban
31st January, 2013, 08:37 AM
Yeah I jailbroke my brother's iphone 4 for him on 5.1.1. I had unlocked it before on an earlier version, however one day he plugged it in, opened iTunes and foolishly upgraded it without thinking, and it's stayed locked on the 04.11.08 baseband. Did check, but no blobs. Best I could do was jailbreak on 5.1.1 for him, now he waits in the hope of an unlock sometime. Though he's learnt his lesson about IOS upgrades.

He can't get it unlocked because he's no longer in the county he bought it from and his old provider won't reply to his emails.

He can buy unlock on the web

I got 6.1 just after release but before I heard about the JB, what I have read though is that there is NO JB for ATV3? Des anyone have actual confirmation?

Nope, only for ATV2

gtideisgn
31st January, 2013, 01:58 PM
Finalmente!

johnboy1974
31st January, 2013, 02:42 PM

http://www.appletv3jailbreak.com/2013/01/atv-3-jailbreak-status-update-pros-and.html?m=1#comment-form

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sirrias
5th February, 2013, 08:45 PM
hi all, sorry but can someone please explain the diffrence between tethered and untethered thank you in advance.

gizmo.1484
5th February, 2013, 09:13 PM
hi all, sorry but can someone please explain the diffrence between tethered and untethered thank you in advance.

A tethered jailbreak is where you have to connect your iphone to your computer to boot it. Like if the battery dies or you have to reboot when installing apps. So you need a computer present to boot your phone

A untethered jailbreak the boot sequence is built in to the software that you install on your phone when you jailbreak, due to exploits of the original iso. Which means you can switch your phone off as many times as you want.. This is the best form of jailbreak.

sirrias
5th February, 2013, 09:24 PM
got it thanks, my iphone 3gs just updated to 6.1 can i do a jail break (untethered) on it thanks for your help.

fail2ban
5th February, 2013, 09:28 PM
got it thanks, my iphone 3gs just updated to 6.1 can i do a jail break (untethered) on it thanks for your help.
yes you can, without any problems

sirrias
5th February, 2013, 09:32 PM
:congrats:thanks for that, will do it soon, is the untethered version available now.
sorry, says at the top of the screen (der)
would av edited sooner (honest) was making sausage and tommato butty for me and the wife