PDA

View Full Version : odometer correction

bullrider
29th January, 2013, 10:05 AM
To make the long story short, I replaced the digital odometer cluster on my truck, the only problem i'm having is to correct the mileage reading on the new(used) one which has to be rolled back. is there a way to do that?

the truck make is Kenworth.
model T800.
year 2009.
as i said it has digital odometer with 7 digits.

i know insite wont do it, but what about calterm or ESA (electronic system analyst) its for paccar trucks.
any help is much appreciated.

regards,

detroit747
29th January, 2013, 01:59 PM
I'm pretty sure you can't do it with calterm it's not the kilometers on the Ecm you need to change. The digital Speedo must save the kilometers in it perhaps it has a backup battery you can remove to make it loose its memory

bullrider
30th January, 2013, 12:54 AM
I'm pretty sure you can't do it with calterm it's not the kilometers on the Ecm you need to change. The digital Speedo must save the kilometers in it perhaps it has a backup battery you can remove to make it loose its memory
are you saying the kilometers are also stored in the ecm.

pbateman
30th January, 2013, 02:09 AM
bullrider are you wanting in miles or Km??? if you goto your set up knob for the dash board you'll be able to set everything up from there. The Ecm keeps track of the mileage and once you set you dash up either in standard or metric then you will find that your odometer will read correctly.

bullrider
30th January, 2013, 06:26 AM
bullrider are you wanting in miles or Km??? if you goto your set up knob for the dash board you'll be able to set everything up from there. The Ecm keeps track of the mileage and once you set you dash up either in standard or metric then you will find that your odometer will read correctly.
thanks for your reply, i think you misunderstood. i need to roll back the mileage, if you have an idea how to do it please let me know.

regards,

pbateman
31st January, 2013, 03:10 AM
bullrider thanks mis read the post. still you should not have to roll back the mileage on the odometer. the instrument cluster is automatically linked with the ecm. Sounds like to me you have gotten a bad odometer.

bullrider
31st January, 2013, 08:12 AM
bullrider thanks mis read the post. still you should not have to roll back the mileage on the odometer. the instrument cluster is automatically linked with the ecm. Sounds like to me you have gotten a bad odometer.
thanks again for you reply, i'm ganna try to make it clear this time.

the bad odometer is off the truck, this is a second hand odometer it has more reading mileage on it than the original one was on the truck, thats why i'm trying to roll it back to match the old one.

regards,

pbateman
1st February, 2013, 01:10 AM
bullrider yes I understood you and maybe this will help you out. The odometer is made by paccar and is supposedly tamper proof and what I'm not getting is the ECM is where your odometer is stored and once you hook up the odometer being digital it should automatically pick from the ECM. Hope this will help you out a little.look at the multiplexed 2004-2009 set ups.
My Files (http://www.mediafire.com/?7ish5xk5xdsyc)

oscar0627
14th April, 2013, 05:03 PM
bullrider yes I understood you and maybe this will help you out. The odometer is made by paccar and is supposedly tamper proof and what I'm not getting is the ECM is where your odometer is stored and once you hook up the odometer being digital it should automatically pick from the ECM. Hope this will help you out a little.look at the multiplexed 2004-2009 set ups.
My Files (http://www.mediafire.com/?7ish5xk5xdsyc)

Thanks for the link to your files pbateman!

The last file (Pete 379 Wiring.rar) has a password. Can you please provide the password?

Roy Suryadwiananda
15th April, 2013, 04:12 AM
Please resetting with paccar ESA with program for this link (i have will to try is ok ) >> http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f168/paccar-esa-electronic-service-analyst-kenworth-peterbilt-177455/ and http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f166/paccar-engine-software-99313/index3.html#post1327239