PDA

View Full Version : UK interest rates slashed to 0.5%

Devilfish
5th March, 2009, 01:22 PM
What a pile of shit! (these were not my original words) :mad:

BBC NEWS | Business | UK interest rates lowered to 0.5% (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7925620.stm)

MetalKettle
5th March, 2009, 01:58 PM
Shame most banks only screw people who are saving with the cuts. Most mortgages dont see the cut for ages, if at all.

rob6007
5th March, 2009, 02:44 PM
Shame most banks only screw people who are saving with the cuts. Most mortgages dont see the cut for ages, if at all.

:five:
very true , why dont the goverment make the banks reduce the mortage deals as soon as they reduce the savings rate .

and northern rock are a joke . they are owned by us and they are screwing us rotten .
rates are like 5%

anyone else feel like walking straight into there big vault grabbing a bag full of money and tell them im just taking back whats mine .

Devilfish
5th March, 2009, 04:39 PM
and the sensible people with fixed rates and savings in the bank are getting shafted!

Sicilian
5th March, 2009, 05:30 PM
Got to admit, i'm prob one of the lucky ones atm, got a halifax tracker, guaranteed to be around 1 - 1.5% (cant remember exactelly) higher than the BOE base rate. As far as savings are concerned, I'd rather throw any spare cash back to paying the mortgage off.

gmb45
6th March, 2009, 06:52 AM
What a pile of shit! (these were not my original words) :mad:

BBC NEWS | Business | UK interest rates lowered to 0.5% (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7925620.stm) most people dont have a lot of savings anyway so it wont make much difference to them, but it will when paying the morgage. the only people it will make a difference to is the rich they will be getting a lot less interest on their savings.shame eh, not.

Hamlet
7th March, 2009, 08:25 PM
Interest rates may be low but you can't get a mortgage at these reduced rates.

cantona7
11th March, 2009, 10:07 AM
and the sensible people with fixed rates and savings in the bank are getting shafted!

yep i'm being shafted (feels like no lube to)
took fixed rate 18 months ago coz every ~~~~er said good thing to do and hey presto it goes down