PDA

View Full Version : laptop wireless connection

chris31560
30th January, 2013, 07:48 PM
hi guys, juast bought my son a toshiba portege 3440ct, cannot get a wireless conection on this laptop for love nor money, ive tryed everthing i know and not gettin anywere, i'am on sky broadband and other laptops ive had in past of all been ok but not htis one, can anyone shed any light on this prob..cheers..c...

Cod3waX
30th January, 2013, 08:15 PM
go into your device manager and see if the wifi card is installed under network adapters tab

what windows are u running?

this is the toshiba site to get the correct drivers http://www.toshiba.co.uk/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp

chris31560
30th January, 2013, 08:40 PM
hi m8, just checking on that now, its runnin windows xp..c

chris31560
30th January, 2013, 09:08 PM
hi m8, been into device manager and cannot see the option for network card in the list, wot now.cheers..c.

chris31560
30th January, 2013, 10:12 PM
hi guys, just wondering is this laptop modal capable of connecting to a wireless network? coz all it seems to wont to do is connect to skype, any idea's..cheers..chris..

jaws2
30th January, 2013, 11:29 PM
is a wireless PCMCIA card fitted, i think it should be pushed in at the side, i had same trouble with a laptop that had a wireless PCMCIA card fitted, i had to change settings in the router if i remember to wep encryption, because it was old the hardware, it didnt have wifi built in like todays laptops etc have, they are dirt cheap on the bay

Cod3waX
31st January, 2013, 10:32 AM
if u have been into ur device manager and couldnt find the tab NETWORK ADAPTER then u dont have any capable means of connecting ur laptop to the net/lan

like jaws said u may need a pcmia card

chris31560
31st January, 2013, 11:12 AM
hi m8, yes ok i know wot u mean now, i've had a look on side of lapy and there is a gap were a card should go and iam assusing its a pcmi slot for the wifi card, anyway no worries i will flog it on..cheers.chris..