View Full Version : goodbye vista welcome windows 7

smirnoff_rules
18th May, 2008, 07:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-crFaYLW-xk&feature=related
this shows someones thats got it .. god knows how

this is a interesting video aswell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1UnGOJnq9A

turion
18th May, 2008, 07:39 PM
and it will be even more crap that visa was is.

gizmo.1484
18th May, 2008, 07:58 PM
Looks like its going to give you headache and lots of problems:banghead:

thommo
18th May, 2008, 08:54 PM
looks like a vista with a skin install to me....much like the ones that turn xp into vista look-a-likes.

Jaffa
18th May, 2008, 08:58 PM
Could just be an early beta version sent out to testers.

I dont like Vista but in general I think windows is the dogs nuts.

thommo
18th May, 2008, 09:03 PM
I think windows is the dogs nuts.

Hello And Welcome.............

Come in and Wipe ya FEET......

Enjoy ya Self m8..............

sorry m8 lol...:D

dannyboy
18th May, 2008, 10:21 PM
they havent even got vista right......just more problems

C64
18th May, 2008, 10:30 PM
All i can see is Vista running Media Centre, oh and a skinned 'WinVer' screen.

Am I missing something here?

thommo
18th May, 2008, 10:31 PM
they havent even got vista right......just more problems

nope they know vista is shit and no one likes it hence this new one that they will rush out to replace it.

if the people dont like and dont use then they have to act, which is what they are doing from what ive read.

C64
18th May, 2008, 10:39 PM
My pet hate is new machines that are being forced to accept it as the new OS.

I'm a big fan of WinXP, after Win95, 98 and ME it was a breath of fresh air and offered something new and useable, but Vista is just a mess imo.

Raven
19th May, 2008, 01:58 PM
I just saw the supposed Windows 7 video and I have to say it looks like someone has taken Windows Vista Ultimate and changed some of the text on screen to say Windows 7.....as Thommo says like people can skin XP to look like Vista, and also how people can easily change their hardware base score listing in Vista to make it higher than it actually is.

I'd say it's just Vista Ultimate customised.

rundata
19th May, 2008, 02:09 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7

The video at the start of this thread is more than likey some newbling with a memory editor playing with test strings, or some skin as people have said..

However windows 7 is in the workings :)

krazylegz
21st May, 2008, 12:45 PM
well i must be only one that like vista on here then lol, i reformatted the other day and put on xp pro sp3 since i still have my legit key on the bottom of lappy, but after using vista for soo ling i think xp is crap and cant get used to it, gunna reformat again now and put vista ultimate sp1 back on

scooby99
22nd May, 2008, 02:44 PM
all that money all those brains and what do they come up with vista

i think next few years more people like big companys going on too linux

more open source progams all the time getting very good

cheers

Raven
27th May, 2008, 10:59 PM
I agree with Krazylegs, I am the same I cant go back to Windows XP exclusively....whenever I have a problem I spit venom at Vista but 8 times out of 10 if I'm being honest it's not a problem that XP wouldn't have in my case. The only permanent problem for me that I see so far with Vista as opposed to XP is the fact that Manhunt flat out does not work in Vista at all, but that alone isn't worth going back to XP for and if anything is levied overall by Vista's aesthetic value compared to XP. In my opinion.

Also alot of people hate on Vista be it because it's "buggy as ~~~~" or because it's overpriced or because it's being shoved down our throats etc etc....I welcome the next OS as much as the next person, but Windows 7 I don't think will be any different really than Vista, perhaps alot less buggy and a few bells n whistles here and there.....because if what I read is true then Vista is totally different architectually from previous OS's and any future MS OS will conform to Vista's platform. Vista happens to be the first one so it is buggy, and it has introduced compatibility issues, and it may well be bloated - but Windows 7 for me will be nothing much more than a fairly streamlined Vista with bugs fixed. I would be highly surprised if it turns out otherwise.

jimbo69jones
28th May, 2008, 03:17 AM
Give me Linux anyday. :pcguru:

davemac82
1st June, 2008, 07:17 PM
this looks like more shit from bill gates and co if it is a real version of windows 7 it just looks the exact same as vista, I think vista is ok but nothing compared to the difference xp made when it came out they need to give us somethin new with the next release or everyone will abort and go to linux or switch completely to mac, oh and another thing i heard on the news the new version of windows is gonna be doing away with pointing devices as we know them and using touch screen instead how exciting another few hundred quid added on to the price of a pc or laptop!!!:eviltongue:

solemnknight
1st June, 2008, 11:46 PM
i've never had an issue with Vista, I've used it since public release and has worked perfectly. I had to do a few workarounds to get a few things up and running but I blame the software/hardware companies for not being prepared for Vista, even though it had been up for testing over a year before public release.

mbouzguenda
5th June, 2008, 01:24 PM
Give me Windows anyday.

spiderman1206
12th July, 2008, 02:02 PM
My opinion is that Xp is better than Vista although i am working with both..

shortyball
15th July, 2008, 09:19 AM
The only real problem i have had with vista is its speed compard to xp. but if you have a nice powerully pc vista can utilise that 4gb plus. It looks pretty and somewhat user friendly i think its ok.