PDA

View Full Version : No 3G after replacement SIM

cablefreejunkie
1st February, 2013, 07:22 PM
Hello peeps
Just had a new sim from three as I thought I'd had my phone stolen,got it back but had to use the new sim,it's jailbroken on 5.0.1 iPhone 4 and now no 3G
Spoke to three and they sent me a 2nd sim but still the same problem,I've cleared the cache and done a reset but still no 3G
Data is switched on etc etc three want me to update to ios 6 to try and cure the problem,,,,,anyone know if this is the case or not ?
Obviously I don't want to do that as I will loose my jailbreak
They keep asking me why I won't update,should I just tell the, why and see if they can find another fix ?? Not sure what to do
Any help much appreciated

GastonJ
1st February, 2013, 08:35 PM
Ah. I know 3G doesn't show on my iPhone if I have wireless enabled. Have you got your wireless enabled on your iPhone to your wifi network? If so turn off wifi on your iPhone and recheck.

HTH

mikie64
1st February, 2013, 08:50 PM
hi ihad the problem on 1 of phone .and all is was i did not set the time....

cablefreejunkie
1st February, 2013, 08:52 PM
Ah. I know 3G doesn't show on my iPhone if I have wireless enabled. Have you got your wireless enabled on your iPhone to your wifi network? If so turn off wifi on your iPhone and recheck.

HTH already checked that,,this has only happened since they sent me a new sim,,2 sims actually and the same problem
I'm beginning to think there new micro sims for iPhone will only fully work on iOS 6,,,,,this is what I need clarifying as I don't want to update,,,,although I just read in another thread that a jb for iOS 6 is imminent so maybe just update and then wait for the jb
Would still like to know what the problem is

GastonJ
1st February, 2013, 09:19 PM
I've just had a quick read and people appear to be saying the upgrade to 6 will fix it, however as you say you don't want to upgrade, and really you shouldn't have to. At the end of the day I can't believe that apple didn't support 3G prior to IOS 6. Even my iPhone 3G gets 3G and that's on 4.x whatever. My 3GS is on 6.0.1 and tbh you're not missing that much.

fijiman
1st February, 2013, 09:39 PM
Mate just update to 6.1....the untethered jailbreak should be released on SUNDAY..

GastonJ
1st February, 2013, 10:36 PM
I'd never take that as gospel tbh. People have been saying for a long while now that various hacks will be released. Seeing is believing.

johnboy1974
1st February, 2013, 11:49 PM
The carrier settings for the new sim will probably be in ios6 and that's why they want you to update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GastonJ
2nd February, 2013, 01:31 PM
I didn't realise 3G needed any particular settings, it's all around us being a communication technology. It's also been with us a number of years, even my iPhone 3G on IOS4 can get a 3G signal without having teh carrier settings from IOS6.1, or I seriously hope it can otherwise I'm seeing things :)

johnboy1974
2nd February, 2013, 04:05 PM
I didn't realise 3G needed any particular settings, it's all around us being a communication technology. It's also been with us a number of years, even my iPhone 3G on IOS4 can get a 3G signal without having teh carrier settings from IOS6.1, or I seriously hope it can otherwise I'm seeing things :)

The carriers settings are set through iTunes I've seen iTunes telling me it is updating the carrier settings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD