PDA

View Full Version : sonic and black night - NTSC version wont play

jfish
5th March, 2009, 11:11 PM
downloaded the latest Sonic and the Black Knight its a NTSC version

done the usual region free set the game to PAL and also did the BrickBlocker to remove update

game starts but get blank screen

any other way to play the NTSC game on my PAL system or will I have to wait for a copy of the PAL version to be released.

I am sure I have other Wii backup games as NTSC did the region free and they work fine.

dell_xps
5th March, 2009, 11:50 PM
downloaded the latest Sonic and the Black Knight its a NTSC version

done the usual region free set the game to PAL and also did the BrickBlocker to remove update

game starts but get blank screen

any other way to play the NTSC game on my PAL system or will I have to wait for a copy of the PAL version to be released.

I am sure I have other Wii backup games as NTSC did the region free and they work fine.

Set game to PAL ? force NTSC m8, what loader are you running ?
It might not work with the softmod hack ????

jfish
6th March, 2009, 11:57 AM
Set game to PAL ? force NTSC m8, what loader are you running ?
It might not work with the softmod hack ????

I have a hard mod - got the Sun chip installed ?

I have patched the game to PAL and removed the update.

still no luck

dell_xps
6th March, 2009, 12:41 PM
I have a hard mod - got the Sun chip installed ?

I have patched the game to PAL and removed the update.

still no luck

Ok I thought you were running the softmod hack, apologies !

Ok grab a copy of Gecko, either install it onto your Wii or run it from the SD card, go into options and force NTSC and boot.

If that doesnt work, the version you downloaded burn that straight to disc, forget all that $hite patching etc, use Gecko to launch it.
HTH

jfish
6th March, 2009, 07:42 PM
Ok I thought you were running the softmod hack, apologies !

Ok grab a copy of Gecko, either install it onto your Wii or run it from the SD card, go into options and force NTSC and boot.

If that doesnt work, the version you downloaded burn that straight to disc, forget all that $hite patching etc, use Gecko to launch it.
HTH

ok just got gecko - also downloaded the gecko iso image ?

how do I install this on my hard modded wii ?
all help much appreciated

got a spare 2 GB SD card -- which I will need

dell_xps
6th March, 2009, 07:51 PM
ok just got gecko - also downloaded the gecko iso image ?

how do I install this on my hard modded wii ?
all help much appreciated

got a spare 2 GB SD card -- which I will need

Install the homebrew channel via your SD card m8,then either use wad installer to install the gecko wad, or just run gecko via the homebrew channel.

jfish
6th March, 2009, 08:28 PM
Install the homebrew channel via your SD card m8,then either use wad installer to install the gecko wad, or just run gecko via the homebrew channel.

just downloaded the HomeBrew - now how does one install this, do I need the Twilight hack as alot of websites seem to mention, can I install the homebrew channel without using the Twilight hack

dell_xps
6th March, 2009, 09:10 PM
just downloaded the HomeBrew - now how does one install this, do I need the Twilight hack as alot of websites seem to mention, can I install the homebrew channel without using the Twilight hack

The Homebrew Channel (http://hbc.hackmii.com/download/)

Self booting as you have a chip installed m8, hope your on 3.2 firmware though, otherwise you'll need Zelda.

jfish
6th March, 2009, 10:31 PM
The Homebrew Channel (http://hbc.hackmii.com/download/)

Self booting as you have a chip installed m8, hope your on 3.2 firmware though, otherwise you'll need Zelda.

I am running 3.4 therefore looks like the self booting wont work for me.. ohh well such is life

thanks for all help

dell_xps
7th March, 2009, 12:04 AM
I am running 3.4 therefore looks like the self booting wont work for me.. ohh well such is life

thanks for all help

Hire a copy of Zelda m8, but im 100% sure your Sonic game will boot no problem using Gecko.

dell_xps
7th March, 2009, 08:47 PM
Download Zelda m8, it's chipped, that will let you install the homebrew channel, no need to hire or buy an original, soz for the duff info.

jfish
9th March, 2009, 08:48 PM
Download Zelda m8, it's chipped, that will let you install the homebrew channel, no need to hire or buy an original, soz for the duff info.

ok downloaded copy of said game PAL got the necessary file .. will give it a go later on tonight

dell_xps
9th March, 2009, 10:36 PM
ok downloaded copy of said game PAL got the necessary file .. will give it a go later on tonight

let us know how you go m8.

jfish
9th March, 2009, 10:49 PM
let us know how you go m8.

ok done it all .. downgraded to 3.2 FW install gecko 1.6 (1.7 gave me an cant start channel error message)

Anyway when I force to use NTSC and load up the Sonic Black Knight get the error 002 - is this a firmware related error message

dell_xps
9th March, 2009, 10:58 PM
Install the latest Custom IOS36 rev 08, posted yesterday m8, see if that gets rid of the error.

jfish
9th March, 2009, 11:00 PM
Install the latest Custom IOS36 rev 08, posted yesterday m8, see if that gets rid of the error.

what firmware version is that - I downgraded mine to 3.2 E

dell_xps
9th March, 2009, 11:02 PM
what firmware version is that - I downgraded mine to 3.2 E

You just install it m8, it wont alter your firmware okley dokley.

jfish
9th March, 2009, 11:09 PM
You just install it m8, it wont alter your firmware okley dokley.

ok got said file, go into wad installer via homebrew channel and when installing get -1 error

dell_xps
9th March, 2009, 11:14 PM
ok got said file, go into wad installer via homebrew channel and when installing get -1 errorput in apps folder in sd card inside a folder , then load it from there dude,through homebrew channel, it's a dol file not a wad file.

jfish
9th March, 2009, 11:29 PM
put in apps folder in sd card inside a folder , then load it from there dude,through homebrew channel, it's a dol file not a wad file.

stuck file in the apps folder but when I go into HomeBrew cant see the application

also noticed the other apps have a xml file associated with said dol file, where as this one doesnt - is the xml file required

dell_xps
9th March, 2009, 11:32 PM
stuck file in the apps folder but when I go into HomeBrew cant see the application

also noticed the other apps have a xml file associated with said dol file, where as this one doesnt - is the xml file required
Nope xml not required, place the file inside a folder and rename the the file to boot.dol see if that helps you.

jfish
9th March, 2009, 11:45 PM
Nope xml not required, place the file inside a folder and rename the the file to boot.dol see if that helps you.

ok created a dummy xml file and it loaded - I selected update via network it downloaded some patches and install them, however still get the error 002 on game

dell_xps
9th March, 2009, 11:46 PM
ok created a dummy xml file and it loaded - I selected update via network it downloaded some patches and install them, however still get the error 002 on game

Ok what version of gecko are you using?
have a look for cIOS36_rev7-Installer.zip install that, I know that def fixed the 002 error for need for speed error.

jfish
9th March, 2009, 11:49 PM
Ok what version of gecko are you using?

1.6 as I couldnt get 1.7 working for me got the cant start channel error when I loaded it

dell_xps
9th March, 2009, 11:52 PM
1.6 as I couldnt get 1.7 working for me got the cant start channel error when I loaded it

Ok if we cant get this working via all methods above, I'm pretty sure if you do the softmod hack you will be able to load it via gamma loader.
I'm off to bed shortly as I'm up in a few hours for work.

jfish
9th March, 2009, 11:55 PM
Ok if we cant get this working via all methods above, I'm pretty sure if you do the softmod hack you will be able to load it via gamma loader.
I'm off to bed shortly as I'm up in a few hours for work.

thanks for your help.. I will crack it eventually

dell_xps
10th March, 2009, 08:11 PM
thanks for your help.. I will crack it eventually

Try installing Gecko 1.7 again m8, if that fails do the softmod hack.

dell_xps
10th March, 2009, 08:23 PM
Sonic_And_The_Black_Knight_PAL_Wii-WiiERD)] - wiierd-satbn

released today, I'm going to grab the usa version and see what the story is with it ok.

djjwdubz
10th March, 2009, 10:40 PM
there is a pal version on net i havew seen it type it in on google

jfish
12th March, 2009, 12:00 PM
finally got it working, downloaded a patched Gecko 1.7 that has the 002 fix on, went into Gecko set config to Foirce PAL 50 MHz and worked, initially set the option Force NTSC but got a b&W only, realised I had Patched the ISO file to PAL so tried the other Force option and jobs a good one

now after all this, the PAL version has been released - will download that as well

dell_xps
12th March, 2009, 02:11 PM
finally got it working, downloaded a patched Gecko 1.7 that has the 002 fix on, went into Gecko set config to Foirce PAL 50 MHz and worked, initially set the option Force NTSC but got a b&W only, realised I had Patched the ISO file to PAL so tried the other Force option and jobs a good one

now after all this, the PAL version has been released - will download that as well

Glad you got it working in the end.