PDA

View Full Version : Updating iPhone 5 to 6.1

G-Star
3rd February, 2013, 11:40 AM
My iPhone 5 is currently running on 6.0.1 firmware i noticed a update for 6.1 firmware in my settings on my phone is it worth me updating or should I just leave it as the jailbreak will soon be released.
Is the jailbreak thats going to be released for the iphone 5 going to be for 6.0.1 or 6.1 firmware.

fail2ban
3rd February, 2013, 12:03 PM
My iPhone 5 is currently running on 6.0.1 firmware i noticed a update for 6.1 firmware in my settings on my phone is it worth me updating or should I just leave it as the jailbreak will soon be released.
Is the jailbreak thats going to be released for the iphone 5 going to be for 6.0.1 or 6.1 firmware.
jailbreak is about to be released today, so you can update to 6.1 and jailbreak it this afternoon

gopher7
3rd February, 2013, 12:04 PM
If you do decide to update, do it as a restore in iTunes, not over-the-air.

fail2ban
3rd February, 2013, 12:11 PM
If you do decide to update, do it as a restore in iTunes, not over-the-air.
yes, forget to mention this, it's very important to update it over iTunes and not over OTA

fijiman
4th February, 2013, 09:31 AM
FYI

The reason you don't do an OTA update is because your saved SHSH blobs will be unusable if at a later date(when 6.x.x is not being signed by Apple) you want to restore back to 6.x.x...

For the unfortunate few who have done an update via OTA, you can STILL jailbreak as normal when it's released..