PDA

View Full Version : Possibly a stupid question?

leolion2177
3rd February, 2013, 02:43 PM
Hi Guys

Hopefully not a stupid question. (probably is though)

I have 2 dishes - one standard at 28 east - another at 13 east.
I would like to add 16 , 19 and 26 (east) to my setup. (Preferably to the 13 degree dish)

If my lnbs are currently correctly pointed where they should go is it possible to buy a pre-configured multi-lnb bracket with the new lnbs pointed to the new feeds so that I can simply go on the roof - clamp it to the existing without all the calculating / pointing / adjusting and hopefully falling off the roof that it would entail otherwise?

All advice greatly received and appreciated!

Leo

ramjet
3rd February, 2013, 03:55 PM
Hi Guys

Hopefully not a stupid question. (probably is though)

I have 2 dishes - one standard at 28 east - another at 13 east.
I would like to add 16 , 19 and 26 (east) to my setup. (Preferably to the 13 degree dish)

If my lnbs are currently correctly pointed where they should go is it possible to buy a pre-configured multi-lnb bracket with the new lnbs pointed to the new feeds so that I can simply go on the roof - clamp it to the existing without all the calculating / pointing / adjusting and hopefully falling off the roof that it would entail otherwise?

All advice greatly received and appreciated!

Leo

no , not possible

and 13 + 16 + 19 only gives a 3 degree spacing so you need slimline lnb,s and narrow brackets, meaning that 16e will be the hardest to squeeze into your setup

leolion2177
3rd February, 2013, 04:44 PM
no , not possible

and 13 + 16 + 19 only gives a 3 degree spacing so you need slimline lnb,s and narrow brackets, meaning that 16e will be the hardest to squeeze into your setup

Cheers - would it be possible if i dropped the 16e and if so any idea where to get it?

Thanks

ramjet
3rd February, 2013, 05:22 PM
Cheers - would it be possible if i dropped the 16e and if so any idea where to get it?

Thanks

even without 16e its not possible to buy one preconfigured, it has to be aligned manually on your dish, and you wont get a lot from 26e in the uk either, but 13e and 19e will work quite easily in the uk

depends on your make and model of dish as to what can be used, like an lnb rack or the 3 way ones that clamp onto an existing lnb and allow 2 extra ones. many types are out there so I cannot advise you on what to buy but check e bay for suitable types

leolion2177
3rd February, 2013, 05:32 PM
even without 16e its not possible to buy one preconfigured, it has to be aligned manually on your dish, and you wont get a lot from 26e in the uk either, but 13e and 19e will work quite easily in the uk

depends on your make and model of dish as to what can be used, like an lnb rack or the 3 way ones that clamp onto an existing lnb and allow 2 extra ones. many types are out there so I cannot advise you on what to buy but check e bay for suitable types

Cheers - only interested in football so AD Sports was all i wanted on Badr - thanks again for the advice

digicon
3rd February, 2013, 05:38 PM
Cheers - only interested in football so AD Sports was all i wanted on Badr - thanks again for the advice

ADSports equals massive dish so thats a no-no, i would hang fire at the moment for the football as the new rights where just issued and you can almost bet that Al Jazeera will get a hefty chunk of the matches for the new season.

leolion2177
3rd February, 2013, 05:43 PM
Guys thanks for all the advice - sometimes you can google so much and find so much contradictory info that its hard to make sense of it all.

Might look into just 16e and 19e as funds and technical know how both very low - cheers everyone!

BigfatPaulie
3rd February, 2013, 05:48 PM
You could get a motor for ?40 odd... Cheaper than several decent lnbs and a bracket!

Sent using Tapatalk

ramjet
3rd February, 2013, 05:50 PM
Guys thanks for all the advice - sometimes you can google so much and find so much contradictory info that its hard to make sense of it all.

Might look into just 16e and 19e as funds and technical know how both very low - cheers everyone!

as kirsty and phil often say , location,location,location

its not possible to view every channel from every satellite from one spot on the globe

so here in the uk we have to check where the satellite beams are aimed at (footprint) and what size dishes we need for each satellite from a given location

so here in the uk we generally get 30w, 13e , 16e , 19e , 28e , 39e. as for the rest it always depends on location and dish size, but we are lucky to get such a lot of channels and satellites

but not ad sports without the humungous dish mentioned by digicon, but there again they may not get 28 east in the arabian countries

leolion2177
3rd February, 2013, 06:04 PM
as kirsty and phil often say , location,location,location

its not possible to view every channel from every satellite from one spot on the globe

so here in the uk we have to check where the satellite beams are aimed at (footprint) and what size dishes we need for each satellite from a given location

so here in the uk we generally get 30w, 13e , 16e , 19e , 28e , 39e. as for the rest it always depends on location and dish size, but we are lucky to get such a lot of channels and satellites

but not ad sports without the humungous dish mentioned by digicon, but there again they may not get 28 east in the arabian countries

On thinking about it - considering its only for football - probably cheaper and handier to go for something like ADMC streaming for anything I cant get on hotbird (which is admittedly pretty rare)