PDA

View Full Version : Hardware to test hp and torque

roman_auto
3rd February, 2013, 10:29 PM
Hi all
there is any program or hardware to test hp and torque that it based on data from ecu , after i chip tune i can see some changes ?

Thanks

smokey08
3rd February, 2013, 10:59 PM
You can get loads of programs that work with an elm327 cable that can do this. Also you can work it out from the airflow meter readings. I cant see them being very accurate but they may be what you looking for if you dont want to buy a rolling road.

ghostridersa
3rd February, 2013, 11:05 PM
Smokey08 is 100% correct. Just buy yourself a cheap elm327 obd2 tool and then download Scan XL Pro and you can do in car and on road dyno and drag strip reading and print out. Used it for a long time and it works very well.

roman_auto
3rd February, 2013, 11:05 PM
You can get loads of programs that work with an elm327 cable that can do this. Also you can work it out from the airflow meter readings. I cant see them being very accurate but they may be what you looking for if you dont want to buy a rolling road.

saw this elm but i have iphone and beside i prefer software on my laptop not in my phone , didnt see nothing beside this elm327.

Can you upload this soft pls

ghostridersa
3rd February, 2013, 11:08 PM
ELM327 works on laptop.

saw this elm but i have iphone and beside i prefer software on my laptop not in my phone , didnt see nothing beside this elm327

smokey08
3rd February, 2013, 11:20 PM
Search the forum for pcmscan

http://www.palmerperformance.com/products/pcmscan/screenshots/dyno_big.png

roman_auto
3rd February, 2013, 11:23 PM
Thanks alot guys it very helpful :)

ghostridersa
3rd February, 2013, 11:24 PM
Thats it Smokey08, scan xl pro. Also used Pro Scan for dyno before, also works veryy well for very little money.

Search the forum for pcmscan

http://www.palmerperformance.com/products/pcmscan/screenshots/dyno_big.png

ghostridersa
3rd February, 2013, 11:26 PM
Plenty of free downloads all over the internet.

ghostridersa
3rd February, 2013, 11:29 PM
Try to go for the scan xl program because it gives you options to enter wheel size, engine size, 2 or 4 wheel drive, turbo or non turbo ect so you can set it all up to each vehicle you dyno. Just make sure you have a nice long straight road to dyno it on and someone in the passenger seat to hold and watch the laptop.

pablo1971
3rd February, 2013, 11:49 PM
i have seen this software before,i never tried it as i thought it wouldnt be that acurate.....

ghostridersa
3rd February, 2013, 11:58 PM
It works very well because with it you actually get real time on car on real time road readings, not like stationary dyno.

i have seen this software before,i never tried it as i thought it wouldnt be that acurate.....

pablo1971
4th February, 2013, 12:05 AM
thanks,i think i will give it a go.

atd
4th February, 2013, 08:55 AM
Another one is OBDDyno. Anybody tried?

roman_auto
10th February, 2013, 10:04 PM
Thanks for reply , try to hunr some program as the members says but no success can some one can share some ?

thanks in advance