PDA

View Full Version : bank accounts

Lainie
3rd February, 2013, 11:03 PM
looking to change from the bank of scotland. sick of them changing the goalposts re current accounts and having to pay ?15 a month for the privilege of having one.

anyone recommend one pref with ?300 overdraft fee free.

super jumbe
3rd February, 2013, 11:17 PM
I am not 100% but LoydsTSB is free banking worth checking if there is a branch in your area.

Lainie
3rd February, 2013, 11:58 PM
prob is they are part of hbos now i think.

in the letter that came last week they (bos) will charge ?10 if they need to phone you if you go over your overdraft limit. that had me fuming.

all this free stuff you allegedly get with the account ie mobile insurance etc isnt worth the paper its written on.

mark8393
4th February, 2013, 12:15 AM
looking to change from the bank of scotland. sick of them changing the goalposts re current accounts and having to pay ?15 a month for the privilege of having one.

I pay same for my account, but get car breakdown, phone insurance and holiday insurance, so I get my money's worth. Think it will go this way for most banks though

Meat-Head
4th February, 2013, 12:23 AM
Im with lloys tsb. The more money in account the smaller the overdraft

Dont call 0845 there is 01733 number. Think ?400 overdraft i got but im a 'prefered' customer

nibblitz
4th February, 2013, 01:00 AM
(Lloyds) prob is they are part of hbos now i think.

Lloyds TSB took over HBOS (Some call HBOS the Halifax Bank of Scotland)

Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) has nothing to do with the above...

Im with Lloyds, Classic Current Account, No Fees and an 800 quid overdraft facility.... I find I get no bullshite from Lloyds, and if I have to ring them up I speak to somebody in the UK, not Mumbai....

thered
4th February, 2013, 12:48 PM

Lainie i think halifax are offering ?100 to anyone who switches current account before march in fact they are i just checked + fee free overdraft for 12 month

http://www.halifax.co.uk/bankaccounts/current-accounts/current-account/

just thought do you have them in Scotland tho?

Just turns out my stupid plan is the same bank aww well nevermind sorry

xant14
4th February, 2013, 01:09 PM
I pay same for my account, but get car breakdown, phone insurance and holiday insurance, so I get my money's worth. Think it will go this way for most banks though

Who are you with Mark?
Sounds like one for me maybe

super jumbe
4th February, 2013, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by mark8393

Ya very much interested!!!! :hmmmm2: :hmmmm2: :hmmmm2:

mark8393
4th February, 2013, 02:17 PM
Halifax, it's called the ultimate reward account. Think you have to have at least ?1000 going in each month, but that's never an issue

berley
4th February, 2013, 03:38 PM
I'm with the Bank of Scotland as well Laine, but I told them I didn't want the account that offered all the phone,holiday insurance etc. I have a normal current account which doesn't cost anything, I think you might have to deposit at least ?1,000 per month but not entirely sure, my overdraft on that is ?1,100, I've never used the overdraft facility tho so don't know what they charge for it if you do.

Lainie
4th February, 2013, 09:48 PM
@ mark

thats the one i have - the ultimate reward account but they are changing the goal posts again and just pizzled off with it all and their charges.

Meat-Head
4th February, 2013, 10:05 PM
Im with Lloyds, Classic Current Account, No Fees and an 800 quid overdraft facility.... I find I get no bullshite from Lloyds, and if I have to ring them up I speak to somebody in the UK, not Mumbai....

Can't fault them for service, just seems i get the guy from Mumbai when i ring if not an Inglish bird.

ON TOPIC:-

got a you MUST have a security number letter - binned 3 before they said i HAD to have one.

was unable to remmebr that number so changed it, automated system

enter security number

select new security number memnu

enter secuirty number

thank you for changinf your number to

did it again then a few days later got TWO seperate letters in post

"thanks for changing your security number!"

mark8393
5th February, 2013, 11:16 AM
@ mark

thats the one i have - the ultimate reward account but they are changing the goal posts again and just pizzled off with it all and their charges.

They did send a letter, did not really read it. Did say something about changes to overdraft, but I've never used it, and never will

firemouth
5th February, 2013, 11:50 AM
I'm with the Bank of Scotland as well Laine, but I told them I didn't want the account that offered all the phone,holiday insurance etc. I have a normal current account which doesn't cost anything, I think you might have to deposit at least ?1,000 per month but not entirely sure, my overdraft on that is ?1,100, I've never used the overdraft facility tho so don't know what they charge for it if you do.

take care having an overdraft you dont use. this actually hurts you credit record.
I know it sound dumb, but its true.
same goes for having high limit credit cards. lack of use hurts your record too.

masur123
5th February, 2013, 05:23 PM
Not sure having an overdraft is taken into account on credit rating, I think it only applies if you are applying to the bank you have the overdraft with?

I use Nationwide, always trusted them to do the right thing, and they have always looked after me when I needed them. The current account doesnt really offer a lot, but I know its safe and they look after my interests more than a bank would.

PedFraser
21st February, 2013, 01:55 PM
Im with Rbs select silver 10 a month was 7 you get phone inscurance, preferd rates of money exchange, travel insurance free hmv music downloads and 1 dics and 5 hours of streaming from love film lol