PDA

View Full Version : DPF delete for 1.2 ppd without touching limp mode torqe limiter

michi84
4th February, 2013, 10:51 PM
Hey guys,
I'm looking for a solution to completely delete DPF and regeneration and limpmode.
I'm not looking for ECUsafe tunes. I'm using SN100L8000000_03G906018EM_4369 for Passat 2.0 170 Hp PPD. I attached the ori file written by mpps:

soundnavigator
5th February, 2013, 07:42 AM
Hey guys,
I'm looking for a solution to completely delete DPF and regeneration and limpmode.
I'm not looking for ECUsafe tunes. I'm using SN100L8000000_03G906018EM_4369 for Passat 2.0 170 Hp PPD. I attached the ori file written by mpps:

For good DPF OFF worked solution, you need from good tuner to make it manual DPF OFF only. I have one file for Passat PPD from one tuner who work good with all disconnected sensor already over 10 k km. Trouble is it ready and tested solution is not available free of them.

Best regards.

chucky69
5th February, 2013, 09:13 AM
Hi try this and report back! Manual solution. Pass in PM.

michi84
6th February, 2013, 06:23 PM
Hi try this and report back! Manual solution. Pass in PM.

Limp mode torque limiter is changed and DTCs deleted. This is not the way I would like to go. Something like this I can do myself too.. The car is still trying to regenerate and this will end in limp mode. But due to changings in limp mode torque limiter you won't recognize it.

I'm looking for a solution without touching torque limiter at all.

chucky69
6th February, 2013, 07:39 PM
my friend, maybe you completly dont know what you talking about, there is only selective dtc erased, and limp mode still works. And car not regeneration! i make a lots of them without any troubles, i wanna see your solution if you talk with me this way...

cheers

and i see you cannot using thanks button, so you are welcome...

michi84
6th February, 2013, 09:00 PM
my friend, maybe you completly dont know what you talking about, there is only selective dtc erased, and limp mode still works. And car not regeneration! i make a lots of them without any troubles, i wanna see your solution if you talk with me this way...

cheers

and i see you cannot using thanks button, so you are welcome...

Sorry when I sounded rude to you. This was not my intension. We can discuss about everything... Here are my comments:

But anyway you adjusted limp mode torque limiter ( 4ab1a + 47924 ) to about the values of normal torque limiter. This is very bad in case of a real DTC caused by Turbocharger for example. And I even wrote it in headline that I don't wan't a solution with modified limp mode torque limiter....
Do you think your file works when I adjust the limp mode torque limiter to the original values?

You changed every switch from 4af7b to 4af96.. For me it's sensless to change so many switches and DTCs. In my opinion it is only important to disable differential pressure DTC and related switches. At least for me this should be sufficient as my DPF housing with all the sensors conected is still there.

Single Values I found but I can't identify..switches/DTCs?

4AE24
4AE20
4AF20
4AF7A
4AF88
4AF8C
4AF90
4AF94
4C1C2

What is map 47924 (8x8)? Does this prevent the engine from regeneration?

b5conversion
9th March, 2013, 05:50 PM
you know there is a software that does find all related addresses with the fault codes ..

camil
9th March, 2013, 08:20 PM
you know there is a software that does find all related addresses with the fault codes ..

But works with a full BDM read, not MPPS, isn't it? ;)

michi84
9th March, 2013, 11:20 PM

Yes, but not the ones I mentioned ;) But thank you anyway!

michi84
9th March, 2013, 11:24 PM
But works with a full BDM read, not MPPS, isn't it? ;)

Exactly. But you can paste your MPPS read in full BDM read of someone else. Has to be same soft version for sure, but it works..

camil
9th March, 2013, 11:51 PM
If it is same version don't need to paste your mpps reading, i guess :)

michi84
10th March, 2013, 12:11 AM
Same soft version is not always same calibration version...

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk 2

filecloud
10th March, 2013, 01:10 AM
Same soft version is not always same calibration version...

Hello
I am also after this reliable switch solution but could not find anything. I tried several things on test cars without success over the years. There have been rumours that some exotic software for asia or south america exists without particle filter. But after investigation they all showed up as 140hp edc16 bosch ecus :-(
I got several files from helpfull people here in the forum but always the limp mode had to be touched. This shows that the ecu really IS in limp mode.
greetings,
filecloud

michi84
10th March, 2013, 10:49 AM
Hello
I am also after this reliable switch solution but could not find anything. I tried several things on test cars without success over the years. There have been rumours that some exotic software for asia or south america exists without particle filter. But after investigation they all showed up as 140hp edc16 bosch ecus :-(
I got several files from helpfull people here in the forum but always the limp mode had to be touched. This shows that the ecu really IS in limp mode.
greetings,
filecloud

Me too. Always limp mode files.
Normally there are at least 3 triggers for regeneration.
-Milage ..(every)1000km
-soot accumulation in Statistical model -which depends on driving style.
-Delta pressure soot model
Last one is dead because of unreliable delta pressure. But the other ones are still active and lead to limp mode, because without catalyst the target temperature inside dpf cannot be reached...
All we have to disable are the two other models and we won't have regeneration ever again. But without a2l it's too hard.

kevfield
10th March, 2013, 01:33 PM
Your file dpf off

1) reset all counters
2) put dpf off file in car
3) start regen driver for ABOUT!!! 10 km and dpf light go out
4) take money from man
5) Thnaks to dk member

Thanks kev

michi84
10th March, 2013, 05:57 PM
Your file dpf off

1) reset all counters
2) put dpf off file in car
3) start regen driver for ABOUT!!! 10 km and dpf light go out
4) take money from man
5) Thnaks to dk member

Thanks kev
Thank you Kev!
But like all the other guys too you just killed limp mode. This is not what we are after. As written in the headline we or at least me I am lookin for a solution to delete the regenereation and not only diag / limp mode...

kevfield
10th March, 2013, 06:09 PM
The only solution for this is to have damos for ecu type! 9 time out of 10 torque limits are raised then there not limited for limp mode and zero DTC table or specific dtc's related to dpf ... to make dpf off !!!

Thanks kev

michi84
10th March, 2013, 06:30 PM
The only solution for this is to have damos for ecu type! 9 time out of 10 torque limits are raised then there not limited for limp mode and zero DTC table or specific dtc's related to dpf ... to make dpf off !!!

Thanks kev

Exactly. But we are after the proper solution... do you know if there exist any damos for ppd 1.2? I guess it doesn't exist . Even not for money. .

michi84
29th March, 2013, 12:07 PM
I will try your file today..I just changed limp mode torque limiter to the exact values of normal torque limiter...
Anway. How did you exactly reset all counters? With VCDS in ECU?
Why did you change smoke limiter? Seems like you changed the DPF smokelimiter to the normal mode one...

kevfield
1st April, 2013, 12:02 PM
I will try your file today..I just changed limp mode torque limiter to the exact values of normal torque limiter...
Anway. How did you exactly reset all counters? With VCDS in ECU?
Why did you change smoke limiter? Seems like you changed the DPF smokelimiter to the normal mode one...

Yes reset all counters with VCDS/AUTOCOM/LAUNCH ect ect start regen light go out , smoke limit change due to to much smoke !!!!

Thanks kev

michi84
1st April, 2013, 01:38 PM
I did not get it to work. Dpf light is still on and message in Fis shows up. No dtc entry. I reset ash counter with vcds. What else do I have to reset?

kevfield
4th April, 2013, 12:57 AM
I have done over 20 of these now and had no problems i can not hold your hand much longer .....
may be my files wrong !!! who nows ???

Thanks kev

J_amb_o
4th April, 2013, 09:25 AM
Drive the car, this often knocks the light off after a good file is on.

michi84
5th April, 2013, 12:31 PM
Thx mate. We'll see..

MaGuKu
17th March, 2017, 09:43 AM
Hello Michi,

I drive a VW Passat with the same engine control unit.
Since my DPF is now full, I would like to remove the DPF.
Instead of the DPF I now want to drive a normal catalytic converter (Ragazzon 54.0224.01).
So now my question to you, you have at that time a functioning DPF off solution found?
If so, would you make this available to me?

Best Regards
Matthias