PDA

View Full Version : Burning Xbox games

anksta
6th March, 2009, 02:43 PM
I posted in the thread about Intenso discs and the fact they weren't workin (somethin like 5 in a row) when I was using ImgBurn, it would always stop at 50% while verifying and the xbox wouldn't even recognise a disc in.

So I bought some Verbatim ones from Amazon and just tried burning one, I'd heard people say to burn at 1x but on the program it says speeds support are 2.4x 4x and 6x or somethin so I selected 2.4x.

I've selected 1x before and even when I select 2.4x it says its writing closer to 2.8 or 3x is this normal?

Anyway I tried burning a game before for the first time on the Verbatim, it got to the end and opened the tray, its a laptop so it couldn't close again before starting Verifying so I thought I'd check if it worked quickly. I put it in the xbox and it loaded up immediately so I cancelled the verification and started burnin another game.

However, the first game loaded through its open sequence etc. and videos and got to just about startin a fight (Street Fighter) and then it said it couldn't read the disc please clean it. Did this about 4 times in a row so I reckon its knackered.

Am I doin somethin wrong at all here? Should I use a different program? A different burner? Or am I just unlucky, spent like 30 quid on discs so far I'm not buyin anymore if none of these Verbatim (DVD+R DL) work.

Cheers guys.

cunny
6th March, 2009, 07:28 PM
You wont get a better brand of dvd+r dl than verbs.
I try to stick to them i know they dear but again they are the best as far as the 360 is concerned.

What you need to do is firstly try a different burner.
But when you use imageburn open the .dvd file not the .img as this will tell it where to break the layers between discs.

I burn at 2.4 or 4x and only ever had 1 coaster. If you need more help then please pm me and i'll do my best for you

Jamone
6th March, 2009, 08:08 PM
Any way to chip a 360?

cunny
6th March, 2009, 08:53 PM
try other threads m8 i have posted loads of info about this

anksta
8th March, 2009, 04:24 PM
one of the games I burnt worked fine but the other one didnt even when I tried it again, dont think its the file cos its all over torrent sites the same one and loads of comments and things of people sayin it workin.

Gonna try another couple of games I've got today and see what they've got to say.

cunny
8th March, 2009, 07:36 PM
Do you run the games through ABGX?

janobi
8th March, 2009, 08:16 PM
one of the games I burnt worked fine but the other one didnt even when I tried it again, dont think its the file cos its all over torrent sites the same one and loads of comments and things of people sayin it workin.

Gonna try another couple of games I've got today and see what they've got to say.

It could be a lot of things mate, your iso, your disks, your burner. If your using verbs, then I doubt the disk is the issue. I would suggest trying cloneCD to see if that makes a difference. If not, then try burning your iso on someone elses burner, or get an external pioneer burner.