PDA

View Full Version : Skoda Fabia 1.4 petrol EGR off

VTS_Tibi
8th February, 2013, 11:24 PM
Hi Guys,

I would have to reomve the EGR from a Skoda FabiaI., but the guy the car came from erased the fault codes before it got here, and he can't recall the DTC number....

He only remembers that the description was "EGR flow insufficient". (this is not enough, as only the code number is stored in hex format, and not the description)

I did a bit of research, and it can be the following:

P0400 - EGR flow malfunction
P0401 - EGR flow insufficient
P0402 - EGR excessive flow
P0403 - EGR circuit malfunction

I think the P0401 is the most relevant. But the car now has a non-EGR cylinder head, so it will never operate EGR in that manner...

I told him if disabling these will not solve his issue he should read out the DTC, note the number and we'll modify the original dump according to that.

So a bit of data about the car: Skoda Fabia 1.2 12V with Siemens 5WP44223 Simos 3PG

Please help me to turn off the EGR function and the DTCs. I attached the original dump from the AM29F400BB.

Regards,

Tibi

purdy
9th February, 2013, 01:39 AM
Remove the throttle and clean the blocked egr pipe under throttle flap.all will be come clear when you remove the throttle housing
Purdy

levisdj
10th February, 2013, 09:11 AM
Doesn't need disabling, a simple cleaning job will do the trick.For a complete job, gaskets should be replaced also.

VTS_Tibi
10th February, 2013, 05:04 PM
Doesn't need disabling, a simple cleaning job will do the trick.For a complete job, gaskets should be replaced also.

Only if it was that easy. Friedn of mine sold the car a few weeks ago, and when he had it he installed a cylinder head which has all the mounting holes for the EGR valve, but actually the port for the exhaust gases are not drilled out on the new head.

So the EGR is there on it's own doing nothing...

levisdj
10th February, 2013, 07:12 PM
So yo're telling me that he changed the cylinder head, that has no EGR mounting and it works on the car? Where did he get that cylinder head?From what donor car?

VTS_Tibi
10th February, 2013, 09:28 PM
Nope, it HAS EGR mounting, and it is identical to the original head, BUT the EGR passage is not drilled out!? :vollkommenauf:

I've NEVER seen something like this before...

I also have to update the first post, as I was told by the other mechanic it's a 1.4, but it's a 3 cylinder 1.2 12V.... Should have asked the customer... It was pretty obvious as soon as I popped the hood :D

gejzaslapka
10th February, 2013, 09:44 PM
It is possible that versions for Romania (or some other countries maybe too)are without EGR

GS

VTS_Tibi
11th February, 2013, 05:29 PM
Now the DTC is confirmed.

P0401 - EGR flow insufficient

Is there anyone out there who could remove this code from the dump?