PDA

View Full Version : Kernal update?

dedemccaw
9th February, 2013, 05:46 AM
Does anyone know if the kernal update 3.2 for v3 clones from Ferrari is ok to put on a dvb v3 clone? Are the two boxes the same or is there a diffrence?

dedemccaw
9th February, 2013, 06:07 AM
The reason I ask is my friend orderd a clone off the net, now I must say I thought he would have been getting a Ferrari clone I didn't even know these other clones where doing the rounds, any way the numpty orderd two boxes so I have ended up with a very cheap box , they don't come with an image as well so need to flash it to

IAmATeaf
10th February, 2013, 06:25 PM
Link or more description required, if it says v3 then it's got to be a ferrari no?

dedemccaw
12th February, 2013, 05:40 AM
Sorry pal only seen your replay there, my mate received the two boxes from the .biz site as far as I'm aware. Now thing is both boxes came with none firmware on them at all and a sticker stuck on the top saying only to download firmware from www.dvb-online.com... His box is going grand but the one I got off him cheap is not so good... Got the 3.2 security update done in both the boxes no prob so firmware is not an issue with it, Ferrari images work ok and original images seem to be working fine... Problems with my box are none working display on box though standby and power are ok, funny humming noise and the the box would more or less switch off some times leaving no lights at all on meaning it has to be switched of at the plug and back on again after a moment, does this sound like a psu problem to you's?

septicsmurf
12th February, 2013, 07:43 AM
Check all the connections are pushed fully home. Also check that your fan is working.

dedemccaw
12th February, 2013, 08:50 AM
Going to check all the connections now smurf, awh the fan is working all right no mistaking that lol

dedemccaw
14th February, 2013, 08:26 PM
got the box open a few days ago, made sure all clips ect where pushed fully home, noticed a one of the tall metal parts wasnt very tight and was moving around a lot so i got it tight and then looked at the vdf screen, one of the connections was broke so dont think i will be doing any thing with that. any way box went back together again changes the image from blackhole to vix as i had heard blackhole is giving some trouble even with the security up date.... all was going fab 2days no problems no crashes ect got timeshift sorted recording, epg filled out then i went to delete a recording and it crashed then wouldnt boot past loading. would this be because the inturnal hard drive was not fitted on a original image? now i cant get the epg to work properly, have cross epg set up with open tv and rytec cross epg downloader works up till it gets to saving files (usb) then i get a message saying check tuner conf? its a twin cable both tuners set to simple, single cant work it out prob something silly though any ideas?