PDA

View Full Version : BMW M3 E30 Turner Motorsport chip

viki300
9th February, 2013, 01:01 PM
Hello i got this turner chip and i dont get it working at all is there anyway i can read it and see what is there at least is checksum ok thanks for any info

easytech
10th February, 2013, 12:40 AM
Never seen this board before, checksum is not relevant for these old ecu's.
But there are 2 different ecu's for that car before 1990 and after 1990. The software is different and the car will not start if you mixup the eproms.

viki300
10th February, 2013, 09:08 AM
thanks is starting and running, yes i noticed it doesnt matter this checksum but problem is that ign adv. is all time very low idle 0 and hi Rpm 18 all i did i change original and ign is much better after that but im a bit pist off cos owner of car did pay quite a lot for this chip and result was quite poor and ofcourse Turner dont answer anything:flybye:

easytech
10th February, 2013, 11:47 PM
I understand with original eprom ignition timing is OK?
Did you try different settings by the blue switch in the DME?
Or maybe this tuner don't understand the ignition calculation....

viki300
11th February, 2013, 05:26 AM
yes with original eprom ign ok and after that i change turner back to just try and then ign was very hi i mean 3000 Rpm 44 degree by blue switch you mean that triangle potentiometer ?

easytech
11th February, 2013, 11:05 PM
Yes I mean triangle switch.
Looks like this tuner made a very bad tuning.

filecloud
12th February, 2013, 11:37 AM
Hello
Turner Motorsport does not make crap! The triangle switch is no potentiometer. It is a pre selection switch which changes the ignition AND fuelling for different conditions. And the functions are differrent on the diferent ecus and softwares!
Do not play with it! Leave it in the position as on the description from turner Motorsports!
There are minimum 5 differrent ecus and more than 8 differrent programs for the 2.3 and 2.5 E30 M3 normal and EVO versions.
When the chip is moved to another ecu and when you start playing with the hex switch you may be off by -10degree ignition and +8% fuelling for example. Car runs like a bag of nuts then.
Contact the tuner and make shure the chips is made for this box and really your car VIN!
If not possible take it out and make your own tuning on the dyno. These ecus can be easily emulated live while the engine is running.
regards,
filecloud

viki300
13th February, 2013, 08:14 AM
OK i figured out now that original engine and ECU belongs to 2.3l and ecu number is 071 and now engine is changed as 2.5l with shrick cams and evo fuel manifolds so if i compare ori 2.3l and 2.5 evo ori from evo ecu number 091 there is quit big difference how it reads ignition adv and no doubts Turner is doing good job but it is not working with this ecu and yes it was plan to go dyno and do another chip for it, how do mean it is easy log by how?

filecloud
13th February, 2013, 09:41 AM
All you need is a legal winols and OLS300 live emulator.

viki300
13th February, 2013, 09:54 AM
ok my plan was kind of old school willem programmer and tuner pro dyno, wideband lambda and trial and error kind of a thing

easytech
13th February, 2013, 10:12 AM
Ok that's clear then why the software ain't working.

filecloud
13th February, 2013, 11:04 AM
ok my plan was kind of old school willem programmer and tuner pro dyno, wideband lambda and trial and error kind of a thing
OK. And without live trigger function how do you want to see exactly at wich position the ecu is working at the moment? How do you want to determine the proper ignition value?

viki300
13th February, 2013, 11:52 AM
i just checkked from Turner page that this chip is meant to be in this 071 ECu if it is what this label say but it doesn say anything how to put that switch

viki300
13th February, 2013, 11:53 AM
OK. And without live trigger function how do you want to see exactly at wich position the ecu is working at the moment? How do you want to determine the proper ignition value?
like i say trial and error

easytech
13th February, 2013, 11:57 PM
This is definitly not the way to handle such delicate engine!!
If you don't know what you are doing you kill it.

Personaly I prefer the OLS16 with this old ecu, you will have less interference with the ignition signal from the power transistor.

viki300
14th February, 2013, 06:25 AM
This is definitly not the way to handle such delicate engine!!
If you don't know what you are doing you kill it.

Personaly I prefer the OLS16 with this old ecu, you will have less interference with the ignition signal from the power transistor.
Dont worry i know what im doing but in real live i think this turner chip is not going to be big succes in this engine

filecloud
14th February, 2013, 07:55 AM
Dont worry i know what im doing but in real live i think this turner chip is not going to be big succes in this engine

Good luck mate. You do not know what awaits you. I have grown up with these engines :-) Trial and error is NOT a good idea.
Where do you live? I am interested in the cylinder head, the throttle body, the intake and the 3 color painted head cover from this 2.5l engine.
regards,
filecloud

viki300
14th February, 2013, 02:24 PM
Im from Finland so far i built one schitzer 16 valve engine and M10 turbo one but if this engine blows i can sell you those parts here is nice dyno sheet M10 engine 1800cc with turbo

galiza
20th June, 2013, 07:52 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f173/renault-clio-i-siemens-bendix-s101261102b-313234/

viki300
21st June, 2013, 12:03 PM
did you manage to read those chips i didnt so i just use it as it was