PDA

View Full Version : Vu duo strange faults very weird

scottj130208
10th February, 2013, 01:50 AM
My duo is playing up it first started when the hdmi port seemed to be dead changed to scart to check works with scart but then goes back to hdmi then goes blank so I have to select scart again then the box reboots comes on for a min or so then restarts again me thinks this maybe over heat problems really regret buying this clone should of bought original my own fault I know any advice nit tried a re flash yet wondered if anyone has had this fault before could also be the dreaded power power supply well known with the clones

DOUGALMCD
10th February, 2013, 02:31 PM
Have you checked all ribbons and wires are pushed securely home? Take them out and reseat them obviously with box unplugged from wall socket lol
Are the boards screwed down on box securely?

scottj130208
10th February, 2013, 05:23 PM
Checked inside all seems fine possible psu I think

cactikid
10th February, 2013, 05:51 PM
is your fan working?usually goes on those clones as you mention its overheating.

scottj130208
10th February, 2013, 10:16 PM
Fan seems fine spinning and cool to the rear re flashed and set up all plugins cams epg but same problem think its psu as the clones are well known for it my fault for buying a clone had plenty of clones over the years no problems but this duo is very unreliable anyone have any suggestions where I can get an original duo ?250-?270 range

jandial
11th February, 2013, 03:54 AM
Fan seems fine spinning and cool to the rear re flashed and set up all plugins cams epg but same problem think its psu as the clones are well known for it my fault for buying a clone had plenty of clones over the years no problems but this duo is very unreliable anyone have any suggestions where I can get an original duo ?250-?270 range

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/

septicsmurf
11th February, 2013, 07:46 AM

Get a Solo2 for ?30 more.
Also a twin tuner but much faster.

digicon
11th February, 2013, 12:35 PM
Get a Solo2 for ?30 more.
Also a twin tuner but much faster.

Could not agree more infact the Uno which is around the same price of the Duo with the new twin tuner fitted is a far better spec again than the Duo, But for the Extra ?30 as septicsmurf said its a no brainer