PDA

View Full Version : Checksum correction Simos 3PG Siemens

VTS_Tibi
12th February, 2013, 06:27 PM
Hi Guys,

I read out the original dump from an AM29F400BB from a Siemens Simos 3PG ECU (Skoda Fabia 1.2 12V with Siemens 5WP44223) with Willem GW-4X and an adapter. Original file attached.

I would have to write back the other dump which is attached, but when I simply write it back onto the ECU the car does not start, immo light blinking and gives the following error numbers:

-16990 PCM memory fault
-17978 Engine control unit blocked
-16985 Internal Control Module checksum Error

So it throws a checksum fault BUT the checksum was corrected on the new dump!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On an other site I read the following:

It's a siemens ecu. It means, when you're done, you have to decode it to siemens protocol.

A thread here in DK:

So, the problem with write/erase fails is that the data lines are crossed (for routing simplification): when the C167 "wants" to write the "sequences" (see the AMD datasheet), the memory doesen't see the right values.

Actually, this problem is well known in Siemens automotive ECU units.

For example, in some cases you must write "44h" on the proc side, if you want the memory to see part of the unlock sequence "A0h".

So, I have to rewrite (and recompile) the minimon driver in order to correct the memory patterns.

Progs as WinOls and ECM2001 have integated option to code/decode dumps BIN<->SIE, due to swapped data lines.

For comparision, find two attached files: one is in-circuit read with Minimon, the other is read by eeprom programmer (flash chip desoldered).

link: http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f175/vag-simos2-ecu-read-galetto-186967/#post1685058

Could it happen that the new dump simply needs decoding, and this is the reason for the non starting?! Remember, dump was read out with the flash desoldered, not ECU in boot mode!!!!

filecloud
12th February, 2013, 09:11 PM
Hello
On your tuning file checksum is not correct and file is damaged on several positions. It cannot work.
regards,
filecloud

VTS_Tibi
12th February, 2013, 09:18 PM
Thanks! Could that originate from the lack of SIEMENS - BIN swap?

VTS_Tibi
12th February, 2013, 09:25 PM
Can you identify the trouble code table in the original dump? I would need to erase the P0401 DTC from the original dump.

I would pay for a working solution! :)

filecloud
12th February, 2013, 09:38 PM
Thanks! Could that originate from the lack of SIEMENS - BIN swap?

No, I don't think so. Actual legal winols edits the file fine and changes the pins properly on import/export. And it detects the wrong checkums!
I have also done this car successfull over OBD (You get the file in proper coding then). No problem. So read/write in circuit is solved fine. Siemens knows how to do it. These ecus are updatable by dealer.
regards

speedy100
12th November, 2016, 12:10 AM
Can you identify the trouble code table in the original dump? I would need to erase the P0401 DTC from the original dump.

I would pay for a working solution! :)

Hi
Kind of late for an answer but just show this post.
The problem here is the original file has wrong checksum. Probably was not read correctly.
The right checksum should be 77AF hex.

Best Regards