PDA

View Full Version : ps3

chrismccabe
7th March, 2009, 09:05 PM
Hi everyone.
This is my first on post on ps3.If anyone could help me,my younger brothers ps3 60gb stoped playing cds. Whats happening is when we put any game or dvd in the blue light comes on (beside the power green light) but you cant hear the disc spinning,and nothings registers. The ps3 is 2 years old

Help much appricated.:ciao:

glic83
11th May, 2009, 11:04 PM
was having a look around there and saw a cheap ps3,its been sold as broken it doesnt read blue-ray or games would this be easy to fix yourself,as in would it be a case of just replacing the laser?

Sig-gotyouth
12th May, 2009, 10:40 PM
I had this problem with my launch PS3. On the original models the Blu-ray Di-oid's seemed to fail after a period of time. The best thing to do is call Sony support and ask for a replacement (even if its out of warranty bullshit them and tell them not only do you know the fault is common but that you also have spent ?200-?300 on the playstation store) they will replace it for free if you kick up enough of a stink in a composed manner.

chrismccabe
18th May, 2009, 07:14 PM
Cheers for replies back
I went on to youtube on how to dismantle a ps3(fiddly job by the way) and i was able to get to the blu ray and cd driver, its just one unit so i was able to get a replacement for it and it worked ever since it cost around 45euro. happy days:deal: