PDA

View Full Version : Advice re watching ESPN

buckielugger
16th February, 2013, 01:28 PM
I ditched SKY due to cost and instead bought a Samsung SMT S7800 freesat box and it provides a very decent picture. I wanted to get ESPN so I have ended up with a T215 topuptv box with ESPN card. The picture quality is however below par, despite having a decent aerial. Can anyone recommend a replacement freesat box, as good as the Samsung, but with a card reading facility for watching ESPN. It may well be that I cannot do that so any advice welcome.

Thanks in advance.

ramjet
16th February, 2013, 03:30 PM
I ditched SKY due to cost and instead bought a Samsung SMT S7800 freesat box and it provides a very decent picture. I wanted to get ESPN so I have ended up with a T215 topuptv box with ESPN card. The picture quality is however below par, despite having a decent aerial. Can anyone recommend a replacement freesat box, as good as the Samsung, but with a card reading facility for watching ESPN. It may well be that I cannot do that so any advice welcome.

Thanks in advance.

I dont think your subbed card will work on freesat, so dont think its worth recommending any box for this (for your present c@rd)

you can use satellite boxes for freesat and many have a c@rd slot in which case the subbed version of your card but for satellite should work, and I would recommend a HD box for this, like a spider or blade or vu or dream or anything similar

if your signal is via your aerial (which it is for topuptv) then I dont think any of this is relevant in the freesat section as freesat comes from a sly dish pointed at 28 east

rigsby71
19th February, 2013, 11:14 AM
I thought TopupTV was FREEVIEW, not Freesat.

As mentioned above to get Espn on satellite to you would need a white card with Espn enabled (paid for) & you could possibly use the above mentioned boxes also a TM5402HD to add to the list.

But i also think you need to have some extra packages to get Espn aswell so it will soon rack up the price.

I think you can get Espn on freeview though without buying any extra channels.

powerunit
23rd February, 2013, 08:07 AM
I thought TopupTV was FREEVIEW, not Freesat.

As mentioned above to get Espn on satellite to you would need a white card with Espn enabled (paid for) & you could possibly use the above mentioned boxes also a TM5402HD to add to the list.

But i also think you need to have some extra packages to get Espn aswell so it will soon rack up the price.

I think you can get Espn on freeview though without buying any extra channels.

most televisions lcd---plasma---have a cam slot on the side . you can get a topuptv cam module that allows you to put your topuptv card into this allows you to watch the topuptv--- espn channel using the freeview tuner that is built into your tv . this may be a sharper picture ? depends really on the tv