PDA

View Full Version : Would Dreambox dm800 hd pvr handle 1meter motorised dish ?

manchesturk
16th February, 2013, 02:23 PM
hi everyone, i have got a dreambox dm800 hd pvr and i'm looking to install a motorised dish to receive more than one satellite, however when i asked the guy i got dm800 he said u r going to have problem having this motorised dish installed with my dm800 hd box..he said something about the box is clone and too sensitive and eventually it ll break the motor on the dish ? thats what he said to me! anyone had any experience problem having dm800 with motorised dish ? could you please tell us ur opinion and suggestions ? that would be great..

thanks

southpaw
17th February, 2013, 09:00 AM
maybe he is out to sell you a new box?
my 800 clone drives a 1 meter dish perfectly, the very early clones had issues with sensitivity but if your clone is less than 18month - 2 years old it will be fine mate

sexysam
17th February, 2013, 10:59 AM
I have had this box for over 2 yrs on my 90com mot dish and its still going strong.No problem whatsoever.

firestorm
19th February, 2013, 06:05 PM
i used to turn a 1meter on a dm500s with no problems

nush
19th February, 2013, 06:19 PM
ive never had any problems of this type. i've heard of some problems with early clone boxes not having enough power to drive the motor but all that was needed was a better transformer. i would recommend that you go for it mate, loads of good films, sport, documentaries etc. when you get away from 28east