PDA

View Full Version : ECM times, will the problem ever stop ?

Saltire
17th February, 2013, 11:54 PM
I know through reading lots of forums that this problem with ECM times has been going on for maybe as much as a couple of years now.

But now its at its worst ive ever seen it, especially on certain HD channels, does anyone know if there is a way to sort this ?

Its got nothing to do with my broadband setup at all and snr and signal strength is bang on too.

is this something we are just going to have to live with now or what ?

I mean, last night the main event of the boxing was so bad on the HD channel was so bad that I couldnt even watch it :(

Am I correct in saying ECM times should be fine between 0.2 and 0.4 but higher could cause glitching ?

I would presume that the server cant be under any heavy load either (I.E - uploading/downloading stuff and also my connection too) ?:ahhhhh:

Saltire
18th February, 2013, 01:31 AM
I was talking about the bbc and the boxing repeat on there that was on the other night before someone says I was talking about anything else.:proud:

mtv1
18th February, 2013, 02:10 AM
google csp mate

Saltire
18th February, 2013, 03:09 AM
:dito:

Anyone with a serious answer ? if not then fair dues.

IAmATeaf
18th February, 2013, 08:40 PM
So do you have a line with a provider? If so then maybe they are just crap with an overloaded server?

Saltire
18th February, 2013, 11:57 PM
So do you have a line with a provider? If so then maybe they are just crap with an overloaded server?

cant speak about anything like that on a forum mate, not last I heard anyway. (or has this turned into a forum that anything goes on) ?

Anyway, that would be no ones buisness but the person to divulge such information if they wanted to, and I certainly wouldnt.

Its happening with legal s*y boxes , didnt you know that ?

Some people do some people dont.

So just for talking sake, lets just say I'm talking about a legal s*y box.

Anyway, thanks for your input IAmATeaf.

p.s
The ECM times as far as I am aware are nothing to do with people having your qoute " crap with an overloaded server?", if your into that sort of thing that is, as I say, it is happening even with Legal S*y boxs too, soo that totally blows away your theory.:listen:

satsmo
19th February, 2013, 12:13 AM
How are you reading ECMs on a "legal" Sly Box?

Saltire
19th February, 2013, 12:33 AM
s*y engineers equipment.

Guy up the street is a s*y senior tech.

satsmo
19th February, 2013, 12:38 AM
They don't require ECM info as it is not part of the firmware bin file.

Saltire
19th February, 2013, 12:46 AM
Ive been reading official s*y tech forums dating back a few years and they have been going on about this ECM stuff since then, have a look if you dont beleive me.

Anyway, sats, ive been asked to pass a messsage onto you and thats that father ted cant get on DK, he said you should be able to sort it out for him if I let ya know. (good deed for the day).

satsmo
19th February, 2013, 12:51 AM
No problem at all, we all have our own sources and I take your opinion in the same context as mine, i.e, each is valid.

Regards Ted, unfortunately we are having multiple login problems at the moment. DF has performed some maintenance and unfortunately it is only he who can sort it. Please pass on my apologies to Ted.

Saltire
19th February, 2013, 12:52 AM
will do right now

IAmATeaf
19th February, 2013, 12:25 PM
In that case I do have an answer but as we're not allowed to talk about can't say!

If it's happening with legal sky boxes, why bother posting here, get on the phone to sky and get them to sort it out.

Saltire
19th February, 2013, 10:43 PM
In that case I do have an answer but as we're not allowed to talk about can't say!

If it's happening with legal sky boxes, why bother posting here, get on the phone to sky and get them to sort it out.

Will do mate, thanks for your words of advice.