PDA

View Full Version : OE-Alliance OnDemand player

RuberDuck
20th February, 2013, 10:16 AM
Here is a sneak preview of the word done so far, please bear in mind that this is still WIP ( work in progress ) and it is far from finished, but it should give you a idea of where things are going with the project.

you can keep up with developments via the GIT here

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/tree/master/OnDemand

extract the following archive and FTP the OnDemand folder to

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/

then issue the following command via a telnet session.

init 4 && opkg install python-lxml python-beautifulsoup python-dnspython && init 3

This plugin will only work with the ViX image at present.

RuberDuck
22nd February, 2013, 07:38 PM
Fix for 3player ( strait off the telly ).

extract the following archive and FTP the threeplayer.py file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OnDemand/ overwriting the file already there. a reboot is required for the fix to take hold.

dell_xps
23rd February, 2013, 04:57 PM
Some info on these plugins would be nice ?
:-)

RuberDuck
23rd February, 2013, 05:57 PM
Try it and find out !!.

if you look at the GIT i linked to you will see exactly what this plugin is about.

RuberDuck
24th February, 2013, 04:50 PM
Small fix for 3player. 24.02.13

[OnDemand] threeplayer.py - Better Error Handling
Make better use of error handling from findPlayUrl

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/50a80b0e36c647e3373aa8b86fd084f7a6f66b00

Extract the 3player.py file from the attached archive and FTP it to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OnDemand/ overwriting the file already there, a reboot is required for the fix to take hold.

Smurf786
7th March, 2013, 01:35 AM
I followed the instructions unzipped the file copied OnDemand folder to the location and logged into putty via telnet.
Logged in username as root and pasted the command and press enter.
The box froze for a while and didn't return so had to power off and reboot?

Once into plugins said some plugins were not installed have i done something wrong?

Thanks

cactikid
7th March, 2013, 01:51 AM
is you box an original or clone ?running what image as there maybe a standard to use.

Smurf786
7th March, 2013, 01:37 PM
is you box an original or clone ?running what image as there maybe a standard to use.
Box is an original Vu+ Solo2 running vix 3.0?

DOUGALMCD
11th March, 2013, 12:40 PM
The latest on demand file is 10/03/2013 maybe RD could post it for others.

lincsat
12th March, 2013, 02:44 PM
Be aware that the standard OD player is currently not working on Blackhole 2.0.1. There are some modded files on the BH forum.

DOUGALMCD
12th March, 2013, 05:15 PM
I see it should be available for download on vix image.

RuberDuck
22nd March, 2013, 05:16 PM
OE-Alliance OnDemand

Full changelog.

-[OnDemand] add new plugin.

-[OnDemand] cleanup and fix imports.
-[OnDemand] stop possible BSOD.

-[onDemand] Update OnDemand/src/plugin.py Varies bug fixes
-[onDemand] Update OnDemand/src/plugin.py whoops
-onDemand] Update OnDemand/src/bbciplayer.py BBC Varies bug fixes

-[onDemand] A complete rewrite of the threeplayer.py plugin
-A total rewrite of the threeplayer.py file to bring it in line with the format of the other onDemand plugins. New method to parse the html using lxml so a new dependancy for this to be installed also.
-The plugin still needs work for the findPlayUrl function, this is very slow but I could not figure out a quicker way to get this to run.
-[onDemand] threeplayer.py tidyup
-Some of the code vs the Git became out of line so tidyup. Also, existing import "from . import _" caused Import Error so removed.
-[OnDemand] fix translation code. this import IS required.
-[onDemand] Fix Tabing issues
-Tidy up the code as I had lots of tabbing issues. Also, only call findPlayUrl for the Section "Straight off the Telly" as we can determine the mp4 url for the other sections by using the icon url.
-[onDemand] Add Icons
-[onDemand] Remove thumbs.db
-[onDemand] Added judge's update for plugin.py
-[onDemand] Fix threeplayer.py skipping shows
-When pulling the media data I was looking for div's that had and id = "gridshow" instead of an id containing "gridshow". This resulted in every 5th show getting dropped (Good spot Sean)
-Also, putting in some of Seans code to remove the call to BeautifulSoup in the function findPlayUrl so this should help speed up getting the stream going.
-[OnDemand] cleanup and fixed line endings (now LF (Linux) instead of CRLF (windows)).

-[OnDemand] Update rteolayer to use lxml
-A good few changes to rteplayer.py
-Mainly use lxml to retrieve the feeds
-Update to categories to also show a thumbnail
-Change location for default icon if show images is false
-A small change to threeplayer.py
-Change location of the default icon if show images is false
-A general tidyup on tabs in rteplayer.py and default.py also
-[OnDemand] fix build.

-[OnDemand] About Text Fix
-The format of the about text was all out of line
-[onDemand] Remove duplicate screens & code
-Moved set-up show images to main screen
-Removed duplicate about screens as it's handled in main screen
-[OnDemand] Use same screen as other ondemand players.

-[OnDemand] itvplayer.py - Use TUNLR for Non-UK IP
-A quick update to check for an error returned from urllib2 when retrieving the stream url.
-If an "InvalidGeoRegion" error is thrown then launch again using the TUNLR IP.

-[OnDemand] itvplayer Extra Debug Output
-When a HTTPError is thrown but it is not a Geo error need to print the output of the exception.

-[onDemand] Updated with Markus's Icons
-Still needs 3player icon & large icons for default players.

-[OnDemand] threeplayer.py fix Straight Stream
-The html that was being returned for the Striahgt off the Telly streams had changed so I needed to change the findPlayUrl function to retrieve the mp4 url.
-Changed it slightly also so that it should future proof it a bit if it changes again in the future.
-Also added a few MessageBox popup's to display an error if this happens in future.

-[OnDemand] threeplayer.py fix crash
-Need to indent findPlayUrl to include it within the StreamThumb class
-[OnDemand] threeplayer.py Fix Crash
-When moving findPlayUrl within the StreamsThumb class I didn't include the self text when calling the function.

-[OnDemand] threeplayer.py - Better Error Handling
-Make better use of error handling from findPlayUrl

-[OnDemand] add common library module, recode menu to use new common code that can be shared across plugin's
-[OnDemand] add 4OD, and cleanup, and use new commons library.
-[OnDemand] OUG Fixes and Default Image
-Tidy up the data parsing for the RTL streams and also fix the navigating issues.
-Pass the defaultImg to the commonModules for each player
-[OnDemand] OUG - Thumbnail Retrievel Fix
-OUG handles humbnails slightly differently than the other plugins. Needed to make a slight adjustment in CommonModules.py when constructing the thumbnail name.

-[OnDemand] Attempt GEO fix for 4OD
-It was higlighted that that the streams returned from 4Od beginning with rtmpe://ll worked and the rtmpe://ak ones didn't.
-I have added a fudge to loop for MaxTimes for Non-UK users to try and obtain an rtmpe://ll stream. If not then an error message is thrown

-[OnDemand] Add Search option to rteplayer.py
-As the title says, a new menu item has been added to search for programmes on the RTE Player Website
-[OnDemand] Add Search option to threeplayer.py
-A new search menu item has been added to the 3 Player to search for programmes on tv3.ie

-[OnDemand] Updates and Bug Fixes
-bbciplayer.py
- Add a new Search Menu Option
- Handle parsing Dates more efficiently
- Fix invalid link for Sports Category (Thanks Mickd)
-rteplayer.py
- Move Search menu item to top of list
- Handle parsing Dates more efficiently
-threeplayer.py
- Move Search menu item to top of list
-[OnDemand] Add a Search Menu Option to fourOD.py
-A search option has now been added to the 4OD plugin. One small issue is that the search source is from channel4.com and some of the results are not available on ps3.channel4.com. I output an error message when this occurs.
-[OnDemand] Add Search menu option for itvplayer.py
-Add a search option for itvplayer.py

-[OnDemand] Fix Stream Data containing &
-Update for all players to handle the & character.
-[OnDemand] Fix some data parsing Issues
-Issues with dates and also data not being a string.

-[OnDemand] add option to hide from 'MainMenu, PluginBrowser & Extensions', clean up py code.
-[OnDemand] add license to plugin.
-[OnDemand] tweak main menu, also tweak the list.
-[OnDemand] tweak RTE image.
-[onDemand] fix build
-[OnDemand] fix About screen keymap.
-[OnDemand] All Players - Pass Back Duration
-Passing back duration fiels (if it exists) from each player to commonModules
-Also some code tidyup
-[OnDemand] Fix findPlayUrl stream Error
-Another good spot by mickD.
-TV3 have changed the netConnectionUrl for the Straight Off the Telly section. They are now rtmpe url's instead of rtmp url's.

-[OnDemand] fix EndOfFile exit.
-[OnDemand] tweak config menu.
-[OnDemand] more cleanup and streamline code.
-[OnDemand] be less verbose.
-[OnDemand] add Title to EpisodeList screen.
-[OnDemand] add duration to screen.
-[OnDemand] fix Search.
-[OnDemand] list tweak.
-[OnDemand] New Config option for Preferred Quality
-Removed the need to select stream quality for BBC & ITV players. Instead a new config option has been added to set your preferred quality and the player will try best to match that qulaity.
-[OnDemand] Update required for plugin.py Missed adding the ConfigSelection type
-[OnDemand] Preferred Quality Changes For BBC iPlayer and ITV Player if we have already found the preferred quality setting then break and stop looking further. Faster to play the stream potentially.
-[OnDemand] Update required for plugin.py Missed adding the ConfigSelection type
-[OnDemand] Preferred Quality Changes
-For BBC iPlayer and ITV Player if we have already found the preferred quality setting then break and stop looking further. Faster to play the stream potentially.
-[FanControl] remove unused module.

-[OnDemand] fix typo's.
-[OnDemand] use 'Regular' font for Title in the embedded screen as other skins may not have 'Boldit'.
-[OnDemand] Add a HD Option for BBC iPlayer
-New config option to play the HD streams from the BBC iPlayer.
-Currently this will only work for UK users, limelight doesn't seem to send data for HD streams.
-[OnDemand] Add BBC HD Streams for Non-UK A big thanks to Rogerthis for this info!! We can now play HD streams from outside the UK also

-[OnDemand] Add ABC iView Player
-New player for our Oz users, Currently only available to users in Oz I'm afraid.
-[OnDemand] Update Credits
-I forgot to add credits to Andy Botting for his great work on the XBMC ABC iView Add-on.
-[OnDemand] Update to ABC iView
-I left a debug piece of code for exception handling in the plugin by accident. This would have prevented any categories from returning.

RuberDuck
22nd March, 2013, 09:40 PM
OnDemand can now be added to the new 2.0.2 BH images with the following Telnet command as all dependencies are now within their feeds.

init 4 && opkg update && opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand && init 3

please note i'm not sure if this is the very latest version with ABC iview included as i have not tested it yet.

dougm1970
27th March, 2013, 11:37 AM
my rte player on ondemand doesnt play....just freezes.....i see this a LOT over and over again in the log....what does it mean ??

gst_element_query_position failed in getPlayPosition

also...to explain more...i can get the menu's and listings of the videos on rte player up fine...it is only when it tries to play them...the player is stuck on 0.00 and doesn't play anything...and pressing stop gives the vix logo spinning and it takes around 7-8 minutes to go back to the previous screen...the listing of videos on rte player.

the rest of the ondeman plugin is fine...bbc iplayer, tv3 player etc..no issues.

also other streaming plugins like icefilms have no issue

lincsat
27th March, 2013, 05:29 PM
OnDemand can now be added to the new 2.0.2 BH images with the following Telnet command as all dependencies are now within their feeds.

init 4 && opkg update && opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand && init 3

please note i'm not sure if this is the very latest version with ABC iview included as i have not tested it yet.

The version loaded from the feed did not have ABC iview but the download from the GIT is now compatible with BH2.0.2, so just extract the files from the archive and FTP into the appropriate folder then restart enigma.

Any news of when they will get past the Geolock for ABC?

RuberDuck
27th March, 2013, 06:07 PM
The version loaded from the feed did not have ABC iview but the download from the GIT is now compatible with BH2.0.2, so just extract the files from the archive and FTP into the appropriate folder then restart enigma.

Any news of when they will get past the Geolock for ABC?

unfortunately no, we have spoken to the TUNLR devs about the possibility of using their service for this but they have no plans to expand their servers to cover Australia, so for the moment the only solution is to take out a paid VPN account if you want to access ABC iview section from out side of Australia.

we also have a working demand 5 plugin but we may have to shelve that as all content uploaded to their servers after august is DRM protected and because of that it cant be played via the STB. although were looking to see if there is a way around this, i'll keep you informed.

and yes it is very good news that BH have cloned the OE-Alliance OnDemand GIT as this now allows far more inter image compatibility than before.

RuberDuck
27th March, 2013, 06:10 PM
my rte player on ondemand doesnt play....just freezes.....i see this a LOT over and over again in the log....what does it mean ??

gst_element_query_position failed in getPlayPosition

also...to explain more...i can get the menu's and listings of the videos on rte player up fine...it is only when it tries to play them...the player is stuck on 0.00 and doesn't play anything...and pressing stop gives the vix logo spinning and it takes around 7-8 minutes to go back to the previous screen...the listing of videos on rte player.

the rest of the ondeman plugin is fine...bbc iplayer, tv3 player etc..no issues.

also other streaming plugins like icefilms have no issue

sorry but were going to need a wee bit more information than that mate, such as what exact image and build number your using and your geographical location etc. also we really would need to see a debug log from these times as this would greatly aid us in finding the problem.

dougm1970
27th March, 2013, 08:16 PM
sorry but were going to need a wee bit more information than that mate, such as what exact image and build number your using and your geographical location etc. also we really would need to see a debug log from these times as this would greatly aid us in finding the problem.

thanks for the reply.

i uploaded the log file here rather than post it as it would be long..

http://ge.tt/6SH86Hc/v/0 (http://ge.tt/6SH86Hc/v/0)

vu+ duo
vix 3.0 build 632

usb flash 1gb for epg and 96mb swap
internal 160gb for recorded files.

have tried without drives attached.

my friend has same box...same image, build etc and his rte player plays fine.......we have the same plugins installed...nothing different that i can figure out...except different isp's

i am asking on other forums too

on the router...last night..i changed the dns settings from my isp to google dns (8.8.8.8) but still same.

everything else that uses our broadband through the same router is fine.....and everything else that uses internet connection on the box is fine....

when doing a broadband speedtest from my laptop wirelessly i get typically 45ms ping and 7.90 up and 7.90 down (i get same up as down on the connection i have)

i have turned firewall off on the router.

even things like icefilms work perfect on the vu+

rte player works perfect on laptop and ipad.

dougm1970
28th March, 2013, 10:23 AM
what dependencies does this plugin use to play the rte player ?....just wondering if another file / plugin / setting could be effecting mine.

(i'm posting this on a few forums)

belfastchris
3rd April, 2013, 10:34 AM
can anyone help with my on demand player, i installed it last night on my VU+ duo original with Vix image, FTPd the files to the directory stated then ran the telnet command - the player restarted but when i go into the plugins menu i get - 'some plugins are not available:extentions/ondemand/ (no module named simplejson)'
then once i exit the error message there is no reference to the plugin in the plugins list?
if the plugin has failed and cant be fixed how can i safely remove it?

septicsmurf
3rd April, 2013, 11:23 AM
can anyone help with my on demand player, i installed it last night on my VU+ duo original with Vix image, FTPd the files to the directory stated then ran the telnet command - the player restarted but when i go into the plugins menu i get - 'some plugins are not available:extentions/ondemand/ (no module named simplejson)'
then once i exit the error message there is no reference to the plugin in the plugins list?
if the plugin has failed and cant be fixed how can i safely remove it?

If you're running vix, why not just download it from the feeds?

belfastchris
3rd April, 2013, 10:16 PM
If you're running vix, why not just download it from the feeds?

Doh Ive never used the feeds before (only had the box a week) thanks for that' brill app!

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

septicsmurf
4th April, 2013, 07:47 AM
If you have any movies you can try out the movie browser plugin as well.
Really great plugin which scrapes all the movie info, artwork, etc.
Takes some getting used to and is very picky with movie names, but once it's sorted it is great.

RuberDuck
1st May, 2013, 07:00 PM
-[OnDemand] BBC iPlayer Play Stream Update
-Currently if we don't find the preferred stream quality or lower an error message is thrown and nothing is played even if a playable stream is found.
-We are now going to play the available stream now anyway even if it doesn't match the preferred quality setting but a message will be displayed to notify you that this has happened.

-[OnDemand] add fallback for images that do not have 'SCOPE_ACTIVE_SKIN'.

-[OnDemand] update GUI for main menu.

- [OnDemand] Fix OpenUitzending gemist (thanks Aux99).

- [OnDemand] fourOD Feeds Update- The feeds for fourOD have changed to need to update the plugin to use
- new menu item tag.

sabbacool
20th August, 2013, 07:09 PM
How do I get 4od back?

RuberDuck
20th August, 2013, 09:07 PM
you cant. it was removed because changes CH4 made to the way they stream broke the plugin, we along with the XBMC dev on who's plugin ours was based have called it a day until a new fix or solution is found.

RuberDuck
2nd October, 2013, 05:22 PM
-09-06-2013
-[OnDemand] bbciplayer.py
-updated swfurl links for bbciplayer. ( Thanks to Digidude for the fix.)

-[OnDemand] Update tunlr DNS server settings ( Thanks mickd for the heads up )

-[Translations] NL Update, Thanks Rob.

-[Translations] ET-Update, thanks Rimas.

-[OnDemand] Remove 4OD and OUG
-4OD can't currently be fixed and OUG is not currently being maintained so they are being removed until a time that a fix has been made for either.

- [OnDemand] iRadio
- Adding a new Internet Radio plugin to OnDemand
- Radio Sources from:
- SHOUTcast
- Tunein

many thanks to mcquaim ( MAC ) for all his hard work and bringing this update.

lincsat
3rd October, 2013, 02:57 PM
Do you have a location for the latest revisions? The GIT link I have hasn't been updated since April.

RuberDuck
3rd October, 2013, 03:38 PM
Do you have a location for the latest revisions? The GIT link I have hasn't been updated since April.

This is about the OE-Alliance ( original ) version not the others, i'm surmising your talking about the BH git which has not been updated for many many months.

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/e2bdf06831b27dd8937fd14aea9ef0ed89de7e29

lincsat
3rd October, 2013, 03:56 PM
Yes M8 - thanks :)

RuberDuck
3rd October, 2013, 04:06 PM
Yes M8 - thanks :)

It may be best if you ask the BH devs to merge from the OE-A git although i'm not sure if there are any changes needed to make the latest version work on BH.

sabbacool
11th November, 2013, 05:15 PM
Any ideas why I can't ff or jump pressing 3, 9, & 6 etc any more? Used to work perfectly until I updated a while ago (Vix) just flashed the latest Vix and still can't ff or jump with on demand :-(

bruce_ica
30th July, 2014, 12:49 PM
anyone know how to get 4od and channel 5 player? any help would be great