PDA

View Full Version : Venton Unibox HD1 vs MaxDigital XP1000 or other suggestion

blackburnman04
20th February, 2013, 04:41 PM
Hello all, I am just messaging to ask if anyone can post their opinions on which of these two boxes would be the best for what I need. If you think that there is another box besides these two that could also provide the features I need, please post your opinion as well.

The boxes I was looking at was:

Venton UniBox HD1
MaxDigital XP1000

What I want the box to do is:

To store and display 7 day epg from around 12 different countries via CrossEPG or XMLTV (Tried this on my DM800HD clone, and whatever I do, the EPG stores to the HDD, but it will not display the EPG after a reboot, read on another forum that this may be because the EPG is written to the flash memory on reboot, and the dreambox 800hd has a small NAND flash (64mb), with only 12mb available after image installation.

Have the ability for a 2.5 inch HDD to be used

Generally good performance

Thanks to anyone who posts their opinion or looks at this post.

jovie
20th February, 2013, 05:07 PM
get a solo 2 regards jovie

ramjet
20th February, 2013, 05:13 PM
you should be able to store your crossepgepg to usb stick on the dm800 clone

otherwise do what it says above and get a solo 2

digicon
20th February, 2013, 06:05 PM
The difference between the 2 seem to relate to specification the Venton has a 400mhz CPU and the Max runs a 500mhz the Venton has 512mb Nandflash the Max only has 128mb both have 512mb ram where as the Venton has a Display if needed to Max does not so similar to a solo.

The Max runs a newer Mips Broadconm chipset compared to the Venton, But image wise they are both supported by the OE-Alliance so there should be a few images available for each.

The vebton can take an internal 2.5" drive the Max would require a powered external.

Your decision really do you require display or not, one runs a little faster than the other etc...

Yor question about the EPG on the 800, if your storing it to usb then after downloading it does require a reboot and if stated in the menu to store on USB then it will read it from there but epg is temporarily stored in Ram when accessed. You could try another image on the 800 to see if it cures the Losing Stored point for the EPG

blackburnman04
20th February, 2013, 07:57 PM
thanks for the suggestions everyone. :)