PDA

View Full Version : E34 BMW how do??

Rito
20th February, 2013, 07:19 PM
BMW E34 1995 VDO.

I try to do this dash but I don?t know how.
I not see any memory, and I try via diag.. (use diga)

Thanks

bmwparts
20th February, 2013, 07:59 PM
If there is no chip outside it could be an early cluster like the 89 where the chip Is in the black plug on the loom.

CARPARTS
20th February, 2013, 08:07 PM
is inside that brown connector, some black "box", inside some HML075 chip...

captain crackers
20th February, 2013, 08:20 PM
I would suggest you send the customer away as it is very unlikely you will be able to do this job. There is an insert in the brown plug in the car. This must be removed, zeroed and then pulsed to the required figure using the cluster to display the pulsing progress. I don't think it is 1995, more like 1988/9 as previously stated. Arthur.

CARPARTS
20th February, 2013, 08:31 PM
"CDH" could do those oldtimers very well !!

captain crackers
20th February, 2013, 09:15 PM
Never been near any of Humphries gear but done plenty of them in my time. Arthur.

TULGEYWOODMAN
20th February, 2013, 10:57 PM
Never been near any of Humphries gear but done plenty of them in my time. Arthur.

C`mon you CDHumphries users, dont be shy!

aha! looly.....where are you?..................................

[knew I should have kept it, Lord Montague is on the dog & bone again]

CARPARTS
20th February, 2013, 11:03 PM
So with tool, other dan CDH can that micro be readed then ?
What chip is this in fact ?
I am sure ze captain knows ze answer

captain crackers
20th February, 2013, 11:11 PM
Of course it can. Off the top of my head I cannot remember the micro (they are 25 years old now) but I have got one somewhere. I will have a look for it. I kept a spare with a cluster so I could prepare one before the customer came. Then it was a case of just change the code plug in the loom. Arthur.

captain crackers
20th February, 2013, 11:16 PM
Eric, I doubt if any of "The Lamplighter's" customers bought his gear for doing this job. I seem to remember it was an extra not included in the kit and was basically obsolete to all but those in the job very early. More of a "bring to office" job with Mr. Humpfree! Arthur.

TULGEYWOODMAN
20th February, 2013, 11:24 PM
Eric, I doubt if any of "The Lamplighter's" customers bought his gear for doing this job. I seem to remember it was an extra not included in the kit and was basically obsolete to all but those in the job very early. More of a "bring to office" job with Mr. Humpfree! Arthur.

Oh no!
Trying to think of the customers car that Colin had for a long time!

Maybe Andy G can do it?

captain crackers
20th February, 2013, 11:32 PM
Fat boy had MANY customers cars for very long periods. For fun, I have just had a look at his website. Seems like he is out of the job now! Arthur.

Rito
21st February, 2013, 11:09 PM
Thanks for this help, But not help to me for do it...
I try found more info in web but no success..

If someone know please post here...

Thanks

88diablo
21st February, 2013, 11:14 PM
The captain makes sense, must be extra hardware purchase from CDH like pulse generator for Renault I would guess. I have old CDH gear ;-( and cant see any PDF for this.

captain crackers
22nd February, 2013, 06:17 AM
Rito, my first post suggested you should leave this job alone. The last time I did one of these clusters would be about 18 years ago. I no longer have the paperwork or cannot remember exactly how to do this job. If you attempted it and had a problem you would find it almost impossible to replace the cluster. Leave it alone, IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT THAT THE CUSTOMER HAS DRIVEN TOO MANY MILES IN THE CAR! Arthur.

bmwparts
22nd February, 2013, 09:26 AM
I couldn't agree more with the Captain. A lot more hassel than what it's worth. The only way to increase the value of a car that old is to fill up the tank.

einet
23rd February, 2013, 01:07 AM
To Old
Not worth the money

Gray HML 075 2048 bytes No self test or diagnosis via Modic. Stops at 299960. code plug is non-standard
White PIC 93C46 1024 bytes Self test + diagnosis via Modic. Code plug is standard EPROM
Blue PIC 93C56 2048 bytes Self test + diagnosis via Modic. Code plug is standard EPROM

almeida
23rd February, 2013, 09:53 AM
Rito, my first post suggested you should leave this job alone. The last time I did one of these clusters would be about 18 years ago. I no longer have the paperwork or cannot remember exactly how to do this job. If you attempted it and had a problem you would find it almost impossible to replace the cluster. Leave it alone, IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT THAT THE CUSTOMER HAS DRIVEN TOO MANY MILES IN THE CAR! Arthur.

Hello arthur, i know you at the foruns for about 4 years, and since then you use that words IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT THAT THE CUSTOMER HAS DRIVEN TOO MANY MILES IN THE CAR!
It's a funny words.... For the jobs that are almost impossibel to do.:thrasher: