PDA

View Full Version : PCR2.1 Killed. Any hope?

ivarf
21st February, 2013, 08:12 PM
I reasontly bought a Kess V2 (original) and read out original file from ECU. Sent the file to my supplier of files and got it in return modded. Then I tried to write the file to the ecu without unlocking it by eprom patch. (was too lazy to install user manual first). Ofcourse I got writing errorr. Tried restore the ecu from original file, but nope. No comm at all. ECU is dead. will not starta at all and no comm with diagnostic or tuning tool after.
Even tried hook up the boot mode bdm for read eeprom, but no start even in bootmode.
Anyone else managed to do something like this, or found a solution except a new ecu?

BR

Ivar

mislav88
21st February, 2013, 08:47 PM
have u tried to unlock ecu in that state?

ivarf
21st February, 2013, 10:36 PM
have u tried to unlock ecu in that state?

No, just tried to read eeprom. Wasent sure if this was smart when I dont have a backup of the eeprom.
How does a locked ecu behave? Will the unlocking procedure make the ecu boot again?

Thanks

Ivar

moky
21st February, 2013, 10:41 PM
you flashed file without unlock ?

pepeoi
21st February, 2013, 10:48 PM
Its locked, you need to unlock first, ecu does not care if the file is modified of original, its simply locket to writing.
More info, ECU number, original file will help to see what we talking about exactly...

silvergl
21st February, 2013, 10:54 PM
hi friend,
for me, the best solution, go car in VW reflash ecu with VAS. fix problem sure..
or use VCP vag-tech-eu interface..

moky
21st February, 2013, 10:55 PM
.....R.I.P.....

ivarf
21st February, 2013, 11:04 PM
I flashed without unlock... Figured out that I had to unlock after..:)
I tried unlock now, but no comms over Canbus. Only get message "no communication with ecu possible"
But is it really possible reflash a ecu with VAS when the ecu is dead? No comm with gateways. The ECU dont start at all.

I was thinking maybe I could have done something smart when I physically opened the ECU, but have checked board very closely for any sights of damage.

Thanks

Ivar

T72
22nd February, 2013, 10:01 AM
if ECU is total dead, its posible that your files supplier sent you wrong flash.... check this please

icezero2010
25th February, 2013, 04:24 PM
Can you send the read out ?

how have you write the ECU on bench or in the Car ?

The ECU want the immo after write

jovime
25th February, 2013, 06:01 PM
Desolder the eeprom and read it with an external programmer and post it here. I can unlock it with BS.

marcoco
26th February, 2013, 03:16 AM
Eeprom is internal micro! I have a spare ecu where i have done the same experiment.i 'm working in it for restore

mastaflex
26th February, 2013, 10:19 AM
as i know this ecu is tricore. must be unlocked on desk before flashing obd. also recovery using VAS i think will not pass as ecu will not repond to diag query

pepeoi
26th February, 2013, 07:29 PM
VAS should work on it

marcoco
27th February, 2013, 01:37 AM
No work vas with killed ecu.no communication.
The problem is caused because all tool write only tables not all software

ivarf
4th March, 2013, 11:10 PM
The PCR ecu have external eeprom. its mounted on the other side of the PCB and its a Atmel 25640
I read the eeprom and hoping that someone are able to unlock the ecu that way.
I think Byteshooter can do it.
Kess is only able to do it by bootmode.

Thanks in advance

Ivar

mislav88
4th March, 2013, 11:53 PM
that eeprom is crypted, key is in otp area of tricore flash. dont u think otherwise would be too simple to clone pcr :D

ivarf
5th March, 2013, 12:20 AM
Yes, I guess the vital part of the information in the eeprom is crypted, but some of the info like chassisnumber and partnumber are visible in the dump. I was wondering if it was possible to apply the patch from the unlocker software in the dump.
I wonder what is keeping the mcu from starting, even in bootmode..:)

icezero2010
5th March, 2013, 10:16 AM
after flash the ecu on the table is the ecu in debugmode
the one and only way is to recover the eeprom .

jovime
5th March, 2013, 12:01 PM
This is your eeprom unlocked M8.

Good luck!

ivarf
5th March, 2013, 10:51 PM
Thank you for replies and possible solution!

Still no success. The ecu refuse to wakeup in OBD or bootmode.
Anyone know if the RSA key is the same in same partnumber ecu, or the key is unique for every ECU?

BR

Ivar

icezero2010
5th March, 2013, 10:54 PM
where you from??

ivarf
6th March, 2013, 12:01 AM
Ny home in scandinavia..:)

Marmes
6th March, 2013, 03:10 AM
you just wasted one week on this, just go to VW and ask them to pair the ecu with the rest, and pay what they ask. You will save money in the end.

icezero2010
6th March, 2013, 10:00 AM
shit i?m from germany. i think i can repair the ecu

Ny home in scandinavia..:)

ivarf
6th March, 2013, 04:18 PM
The ecu is bricked and does not respond to any diagnostic comm. Not even in bootmode. So a new ecu is the solution here Im afraid..:)

BR

Ivar

ivarf
8th March, 2013, 09:58 PM
Problem solved. New ECU and programmed after unlock..:)
Try earn money on another car...:)