PDA

View Full Version : Multiboot win8 Win7 xp possible?

mini
22nd February, 2013, 12:44 AM
Ive just bought a acer aspire that comes preloaded with win8. I was wondering if I partitioned the hdd, would I be able to install win 7 and win xp? Making it multi boot. I think win7 is more or less same as win 8 so not really botherd if i have to leave that out. As some programme work with only one or the other. Would it cause any major issues to start up or driver conflicts. Its the first time i'm attempting a dual boot system. Any and all advice is definitely appreciated.

Thank you.....

newrage
22nd February, 2013, 05:21 AM
i will look that up for you ok bro

mini
22nd February, 2013, 04:03 PM
I have just tried to install win 7 on and it keeps saying that it may not work correctly and I shoukd refer to Microsoft grs for more details.

alec
22nd February, 2013, 08:28 PM
Ive just bought a acer aspire that comes preloaded with win8. I was wondering if I partitioned the hdd, would I be able to install win 7 and win xp? Making it multi boot. I think win7 is more or less same as win 8 so not really botherd if i have to leave that out. As some programme work with only one or the other. Would it cause any major issues to start up or driver conflicts. Its the first time i'm attempting a dual boot system. Any and all advice is definitely appreciated.

Thank you.....
I formatted a hard drive, and put on XP first, partitioned it into 4 parts, and put on win 7 and then win 8. The 4 part I used as a store. Some new computers don't like XP and will not accept it. When I start up, I have a choice of one of the three options to use.

mini
22nd February, 2013, 09:06 PM
Its come with win 8 pre installed, would thT make a difference. Also when trying to install win7 all partitions are coming up as primary. I need all help as this is first time I'm attempting a dual boot system. Someone has informed me that with win 8 on first its very awkward to do.

mini
25th February, 2013, 10:50 PM
I dont know what I've done wrong but now it wonr boot up. It goes past start screen and gives me 5 win7 options 1repair and 1 win8 but neither works. Its attempting repair but has been on the acer start logo for over half hour.

HELP