PDA

View Full Version : Ordered my first VU SOLO2

Smurf786
23rd February, 2013, 03:08 AM
Hi,

I've just ordered my first vu+ solo2. Just needed some advice.

I've read abit on BH images and Vix images but cant decide which would be best for my needs.

I would like to use the box with a motorised dish and would also like 7 days EPG and will be installing plugins such as iplayer, itv player and possibly icefilms.

I would like the image to be as close as sly receivers as possible.

I know i don't ask for much. Lol

Many Thanks

septicsmurf
23rd February, 2013, 10:23 AM
Great choice of stb.
Images are very much a personal choice and takes no time at all to flash a solo2, so give them both a go.
I like Vix, Others prefer Blackhole, I find Vix a bit easier to navigate and I like the auto bouquet maker.
But try them both and decide for yourself.

cactikid
23rd February, 2013, 10:43 AM
most suppliers have a flashing service so they could load an image of your choice,i also prefare vix,if possible say get vix loaded and if not happy get the bh instead or other way round,vix have cut a lot of things out that clutter up making it simpler not to get lost.

Smurf786
23rd February, 2013, 01:14 PM
Thanks some really good information here.

I am really interested in the auto bouquets as i used to use sgtflipflop bouquet on my dm800 but i thought he stopped doing bouquets? I can see there is a plugin that is still used to update channels.

Does the channels still update automatically? Is this built into the vix image.

Also is the 7 day EPG built into the image or do i need to install a plugin?

Many Thanks

P.S my supplier will install an image for me at a charge of ?9.99. LOL.

hambone
23rd February, 2013, 03:09 PM
Thanks some really good information here.

I am really interested in the auto bouquets as i used to use sgtflipflop bouquet on my dm800 but i thought he stopped doing bouquets? I can see there is a plugin that is still used to update channels.

Does the channels still update automatically? Is this built into the vix image.

Also is the 7 day EPG built into the image or do i need to install a plugin?

Many Thanks

P.S my supplier will install an image for me at a charge of ?9.99. LOL.
save yourself a tenner mate and flash yourself its really simple and you will get lots of help on here if you get stuck.
hth

Smurf786
23rd February, 2013, 03:25 PM
Definately. Im not paying someone ?10 to flash it. LOL.

Smurf786
24th February, 2013, 02:44 AM
Guys,

Had a look around the forum and couldn't find the latest version of vix for solo2.

Anyone know where i can download it from please?

Many Thanks

Smurf

RuberDuck
24th February, 2013, 10:11 AM
you can get the latest version of the ViX image directly from the image server

ABM or autobouquets maker is built into the image and once setup will fully automate the process of building and maintaining your sky uk channel list.

OnDemand ( Currently in BETA ) contains the iplayer / itv player / 3 player and RTE player. all of which have been significantly improved and updated from their base versions.

and in my humble opinion ViX has the single best EPG of any image bar none, with no need for external GUI's such as the very overrated cool EPG plugin.

terayon00
24th February, 2013, 11:26 AM
Ok Can I give you my two pennies worth.

I used to have a DM800HD Clone and after trying a few images I had the Open Pli imageand it was great then I bought a solo2 recently (about 2 weeks ago) and I love the solo2.

I tried the vix image and yes it was great and I did like it, but I would say its not clean cut as a sly box, so I tried Open Pli image and its great clean cut.

So give open Pli a try if you dont like vix

Smurf786
25th February, 2013, 01:05 AM
Thanks everyone for your feedback really helpful information for me. Does vix image have timeshift built into it?

Many Thanks

RuberDuck
25th February, 2013, 05:20 AM
Thanks everyone for your feedback really helpful information for me. Does vix image have timeshift built into it?

Many Thanks

yes it does.

septicsmurf
25th February, 2013, 07:43 AM

Many Thanks

Obviously you'd need a hard drive or usb flash drive to enable timeshift.

Smurf786
25th February, 2013, 04:53 PM
Awesome guys nice one...

As i only had a single tuner receiver i was ok with a single input but i have a motorised dish and changing lnb to a quad lnb.

Can i just plug that straight into VU+ and will both tuners see the satellite im on? I

ts just that on the Motor it only has one output that goes to LNB so take it 2nd tuner cant control motor?

digicon
25th February, 2013, 05:11 PM
Awesome guys nice one...

As i only had a single tuner receiver i was ok with a single input but i have a motorised dish and changing lnb to a quad lnb.

Can i just plug that straight into VU+ and will both tuners see the satellite im on? I

ts just that on the Motor it only has one output that goes to LNB so take it 2nd tuner cant control motor?

Why not put a fixed dish up at 28.2? east and leave the motorised with a single output, then at least if you want to record something from 28.2? east you leave the motorised dish to either A watch another channel on the same satellite or B move to another completely different satellite.

Regards

Smurf786
25th February, 2013, 07:19 PM
Thanks digicon I mainly only use 28.2 and barely use any other satellites only to watch the odd footy games. I do have a fixed dish already but its near a tree. Ok in winter but in summer certain channels break up once the leaves are there. I would prefer to use the motorised dish and already have a inverto black ultra lnb. Only after getting this lnb have I thought how is it going to connect? Is there no way tuner a can follow tuner b?

Smurf786
25th February, 2013, 08:58 PM
Not looking so good... Got the box firstly wouldn't respond to the remote have to keep pressing the button to finally get any response. I managed to load vix booted up and sent channel list and rebooted but still nothing and box was hanging. Not impressed i think i have a faulty box.

septicsmurf
25th February, 2013, 11:10 PM
Do you have a plasma tv? Some people have experienced interference form there plasma tv which affects the working of the remote.

Smurf786
26th February, 2013, 01:02 AM
As a matter of fact i do mate so what i done was moved the box to the other room where i got an LED tv and voila the remote now works perfect.

Think your right septicsmurf.

I had the same issue with my dm800 hence why i upgraded to vu+. I'm going to try moving the box to the lower section of my stand and see how i get on.

Anything else i can try?

Also i got latest vix image where can i find the iplayer, itv player etc? I got vix 3.0 latest feb update how can i update the epg?

Thanks

septicsmurf
26th February, 2013, 07:42 AM
Some people got a bit of tape and stuck it on the remote sensor in the box which seems to filter out the interference.

RuberDuck
26th February, 2013, 07:48 PM
As a matter of fact i do mate so what i done was moved the box to the other room where i got an LED tv and voila the remote now works perfect.

Think your right septicsmurf.

I had the same issue with my dm800 hence why i upgraded to vu+. I'm going to try moving the box to the lower section of my stand and see how i get on.

Anything else i can try?

Also i got latest vix image where can i find the iplayer, itv player etc? I got vix 3.0 latest feb update how can i update the epg?

Thanks

Try the OE-Alliance OnDemand player, it has a highly updated version of the BBCiplayer plugin built in.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f186/oe-alliance-ondemand-player-321071/

daisysky
2nd March, 2013, 09:49 PM
Try the OE-Alliance OnDemand player, it has a highly updated version of the BBCiplayer plugin built in.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f186/oe-alliance-ondemand-player-321071/
how do you install plugins and get them up and running looking at installing iplayer and icefilms

daisysky
3rd March, 2013, 05:09 PM
how do you install plugins and get them up and running looking at installing iplayer and icefilms

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^anyone^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

septicsmurf
3rd March, 2013, 06:29 PM
icefilms and bbc iplayer goes here:
usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions

IPK goes to /tmp then blue button > vix > install local extension.

Smurf786
3rd March, 2013, 09:40 PM
Right guys been busy so only had the chance today to play with the box.

I've had to place a piece of paper over the IR sensor to get it to work.

I placed a hard drive into it and after a few days powered it on and it was stuck on starting... Just wouldn't boot up. Re-installed vix and back up and running again.

I transferred my channel list that was working on my dm800. Now when i try to view ITV central west HD or anything on frequency 10936 V i get Tune Failed!

I tried to do a manual scan to find the channel and the FEC is 8/9 but the most it goes upto is 7/8? I tried auto FEC aswell but still finds no channels on that frequency. Aaaaggghhhhh...

Not getting on with this box so far....

Smurf786
4th March, 2013, 12:26 PM
UPDATE:
I went back into manual scan tried all FEC and it only went up to 7/8 and wouldn?t find the channels on that frequency.

I then went on the first line pressed right and it changed DVB-S to DVB-S2. It then gave me FEC 8/9 rescanned on that frequency and the channels are now working.

So anyone having the same or similar problem just try that.
Thanks

Smurf786
5th March, 2013, 05:40 PM
Hi Guys,
How do I change the location of all my downloaded items to be saved onto HDD and not the flash. I downloaded icefilms plugin and got an error but I think this is due to me not changing the location of where I want the downloaded item to be saved to?

Many Thanks

bruce_ica
30th July, 2014, 12:51 PM
anyone know how to get 4od and channel 5 player

DOUGALMCD
31st July, 2014, 12:42 PM
Goes in the folder:- usr /lib/enigma 2/python/plugins/extensions use dcc or suchlike or download from vix image full on demand although last I checked 4 didn't work. hth