PDA

View Full Version : vu duo tuner faulty

scottj130208
23rd February, 2013, 07:11 PM
I have taken apart my duo tuner A seems faulty when im trying to do a satfinder/signal test the SNR rate is all over the place tuner B is fine have tried various set ups simple/single 28.2 tried advanced set up still the same fault.
Further inspection on the inside of the box I cant tell if the tuner has come away from the mainboard it was however loose the tightening bolt at the back tightened it up same problem has anyone any solutions maybe board needs soldering ?:driver:

digicon
23rd February, 2013, 08:06 PM
I have taken apart my duo tuner A seems faulty when im trying to do a satfinder/signal test the SNR rate is all over the place tuner B is fine have tried various set ups simple/single 28.2 tried advanced set up still the same fault.
Further inspection on the inside of the box I cant tell if the tuner has come away from the mainboard it was however loose the tightening bolt at the back tightened it up same problem has anyone any solutions maybe board needs soldering ?:driver:

The tuners on these are soldered to the board and cannot be replaced as they work in conjunction with the onboard broadcom cpu, Open up the lid and you will see the what i would call tram lines heading directly to the CPU itself, It could also be as you say maybe a dry solder problem on the base of the tuner worth opening up and having a look.

cactikid
23rd February, 2013, 08:25 PM
curious is the box a clone?if an original would it have been covered under 2 year warranty?

scottj130208
23rd February, 2013, 09:53 PM
curious is the box a clone?if an original would it have been covered under 2 year warranty?

Sorry is a clone anyone no where I could get hold of a main board instead

digicon
24th February, 2013, 12:16 AM
Sorry is a clone anyone no where I could get hold of a main board instead

Being a clone then your best bet would be to source one from one of the major PRC suppliers, or where you purchased your unit from always worth a try