PDA

View Full Version : Which version of 1channel uses the HDD as a buffer??

meggiedude
24th February, 2013, 06:19 PM
Lo there.

Due to a slowdown in broadband, for reasons I won't bore you with, I'm struggling with buffering/glitches on 1channel.
Which version should I be using on the Duo to allow the HDD to be used for buffering (e.g./media/hdd/1ch).
I've created the /media/hdd/1ch directory and opened the permissions - but nothing seems to get written there.

Also, is there a similar option for icefilms?

Cheers.

MD

happy_highlander
24th February, 2013, 11:03 PM
you want the usb version to help with buffering

meggiedude
25th February, 2013, 11:40 AM
you want the usb version to help with buffering

Thanks. Where do i get that version from? Is it the one on the VIX feeds?

RuberDuck
25th February, 2013, 12:53 PM
Thanks. Where do i get that version from? Is it the one on the VIX feeds?

All versions of 1channel and icefilms have been removed from the ViX feeds for legal reasons, once the overhaul of the skins is completed and the feeds are re-synced they will be gone from the feeds all together.

IAmATeaf
25th February, 2013, 04:05 PM
I know that this works for some people and it allows you to start streaming a film without too much effort but I've personally found the plugin to be very 'iffy' in that that it will randomly just fail, the quality of some of the films is quite poor and when I try and stream a higher quality film it stutters.

Is this the case for others? I've stopped using it to be honest, better to locate and grab a decent copy of the film, bung it on a USB and then use the Duo to play the film.

happy_highlander
26th February, 2013, 12:32 AM
I know that this works for some people and it allows you to start streaming a film without too much effort but I've personally found the plugin to be very 'iffy' in that that it will randomly just fail, the quality of some of the films is quite poor and when I try and stream a higher quality film it stutters.

Is this the case for others? I've stopped using it to be honest, better to locate and grab a decent copy of the film, bung it on a USB and then use the Duo to play the film.

Works perfect on solo running bh 1.7.9 I'm sure you can find a nice full backup with it already installed lol

meggiedude
26th February, 2013, 12:30 PM
Works perfect on solo running bh 1.7.9 I'm sure you can find a nice full backup with it already installed lol
Thanks. I'll look.

meggiedude
28th February, 2013, 02:31 PM

Well I've got it buffering now to HDD, but not from the version in the BH 1.7.9 build as that did not seem to exist on the build I downloaded.
Got another version from another forum.

Only issue now is that it buffers direct to /media/hdd directory not /media/hdd/1ch as I had hoped. Was going to link that to a directory that I could manage separate to the hdd directory.
like on the USB pendrive.
Had already created /media/hdd/1ch linked to the pendrive - but it seems to prefer just to write the .flv file to /media/hdd whether I like it or not.

MD