PDA

View Full Version : lishi for older merc sprinter

ninja123
25th February, 2013, 11:24 PM
is there a lishi for old merc sprinters/vw lt's?

Just seem to be getting a few of these just lately.

ninja

raptureready
25th February, 2013, 11:42 PM
that would be a good one for the toolbox, the old 4track would be usefull to, the vac102 is coming soon on a side note.

smokey08
25th February, 2013, 11:44 PM
I think the blanks are YM15. I dont think they make a 2in1 for them.

ninja123
26th February, 2013, 08:21 AM
I am supprised that mr lishi hasn't made this one, with the amount of these vehicles on the road, he would surely sell loads.............

ninja

keysph
26th February, 2013, 09:49 AM
You don't need any Lishi, just pull out the handle and make key. No need to do a Lishi for this.

rapidlocksmiths
26th February, 2013, 02:19 PM
Mr Li is doing very little development at present , this is due to the fact that the development and tooling costs rarely get covered these days and hes unable to work at a loss .

His issue is the number of copies and the number of knock off nigels that support the copy tools , within weeks of releasing a new tool the copies are available , so hes adopted the attitude of why should i bother , customers want the new tools but prefer to wait and buy the copies , so why should he lose money to help the copiers make money , and why should he support people with new tools when they support the copies.

those who support the copy products will only have themselves to blame for lack of future tools , the rest of us go without because of the knock off nigels again .

it is a very brave distributor who commissions a new tool these days , mr li will develop and arrange tooling to make a new tool for a minimum initial order of 400 tools , so he doesnt lose out on his time and costs , the distributors dont want to commit as they know the copy will be made and supported instead .

you cant blame him , i wouldnt work to lose money either , one has to remember also that li doesnt get what you pay for a tool , on any tool it is the distributor who makes most and distributors set the price you pay , on a 2in1 mr li only actually makes a pittance , mr li makes the least in the supply chain , distributors make minimum 40% of total price on any product they sell , in some cases up to 60% on non promotional prices .

this is why i cant get the clio 3 tool made at present , as no distributor is willing to commit to the minimum order .

The 4 track HU39 mercedes was scrapped for the same reason .

so to all those who support the copy tools , THANKS A BUNCH , you managed to screw it up for everyone else too.

coolsoda
26th February, 2013, 02:42 PM
this is why i cant get the clio 3 tool made at present , as no distributor is willing to commit to the minimum order .

Clio 3 uses Citroen Blade

so VA2 Lishi 2in 1

rapidlocksmiths
26th February, 2013, 03:11 PM
Clio 3 uses Citroen Blade

so VA2 Lishi 2in 1

This is not the case for all , some do use the current VA2 tool but most do not , although still a VA2 blade they use a different series with different depth and spacing so VA2 tool cannot decode this accurately .

The VA2 blade is for the series ABCDEF , most clio 3 now dont use this , they use series 1234QH5678 , slightly different spacing very different heights .

The VA2 2in1 will pick it open just off the lines , but will not decode it .

ABCDEF code series is instacode card 1049

1234QH5678 uses instacode card 1125 and is under VA6 on instacode .

both use VA2 blade , both will pick on lishi 2in1 but only the older ABCDEF series will decode which will not help you on most clio 3 .

You can easily tell which of the 2 series you have on the car as you approach it ;

1) The old ABCDEF series lock will have a verticle keyway as you look at it

2) The newer 1234QH5678 series lock will have a horizontal keyway as you look at it

so i have engraved one of my va2 2in1 picks to allow me to read these accurately , ive engraved the new markings onto an existing tool , so i have made one myself .
it is possible to make allowances on existing tool without marking the tool to read these its not perfect this way , but you can get it to work with patience .

rapidlocksmiths
26th February, 2013, 03:19 PM
there are a number of changes to existing locks being made at present which there will be no lishi for unless someone commits to the minimum order , which most wont due to copies .

The opel HU100 lock is being changed from an 8 cut to a 10 cut lock next year on a number of usa models , it will follow suit onto opel here .

The New HU101 series used on bypass keys will only have 5 cuts , they have this on some 4 wheel drive models in usa already .

vag are reported to be making changes again next year .

wont bite for most of us straight away , but one must hope that a distributor grows some gonads to order these or their will not be a lishi solution for new locks.

ninja123
26th February, 2013, 08:37 PM
You don't need any Lishi, just pull out the handle and make key. No need to do a Lishi for this.

You could say this about every vehicle, so whats the point of any lishi???

ninja

sparkz02
26th February, 2013, 08:58 PM
Is there a pick for renault megane's 2 & scenics 2 etc. the older key cards. Is it the renault 2-1 in?

rapidlocksmiths
26th February, 2013, 11:44 PM
yes the renault , not the renault A , the renault A only does an asian model of lock , the renault 2in1 is the 5 height one for the older key cards

keysph
27th February, 2013, 08:21 AM
You could say this about every vehicle, so whats the point of any lishi???

ninja

I could say indeed about all lishi cose I'm not using them and I did not feel at any time the need for them.
I'm not saing that they are not good for harder locks but for Sprinter... it takes you max. half hour to make a key.

ninja123
27th February, 2013, 10:47 PM
I could say indeed about all lishi cose I'm not using them and I did not feel at any time the need for them.
I'm not saing that they are not good for harder locks but for Sprinter... it takes you max. half hour to make a key.

Comon mate, half hour??

I sugest you buy some lishi's and drop that half hour to 1-4 mins. Same with most lock series too.

ninja

keysph
28th February, 2013, 07:51 AM
I don't have 20 people wainting in my store to hurry up so much that I wanna cut the time to 4 min. ;)

rapidlocksmiths
28th February, 2013, 10:57 AM
Nothing wrong with pulling locks if thats the method you favour and happy doing so .
Lishi does make it quicker and easier , but sadly these days its at a cost , many dont bother to learn how to pull and strip a lock as cant be bothered .

lock stripping is a basic skill everyone trading should know and be able to do , otherwise how do they rekey and deal with jobs there is no lishi for .

im all for easier options , but not at the cost of learning and understanding necessary skill sets .

with lishi , new code machines , in circuit readers , eeprom by obd , cloning improvements etc , we make life too easy for the 5 day wonders to set up and trade.

i dont think any of us in the uk have 20 people in a queue , i wish

keysph
28th February, 2013, 11:06 AM
You are right, this "hard way" is the best way to practice and develop new ways to improve yourself in doing the "dirty" job.

912secured
28th February, 2013, 10:56 PM
The older sprinter (pre 07) wafer you can read by looking in with a scope. Or pick can read by feel approx.