PDA

View Full Version : Streaming from Computer to Dreambox

Izekreem
10th March, 2009, 10:35 AM
How do I stream Music and Movies from my Cpu to my Dreambox DM800?

askme
13th March, 2009, 02:54 AM
Hi,

Few of the channels are streaming audio but no video, they are using MP4 codec.
I am using DM500 and running latest Gemini Image (maxvar). I am not sure how to update the codec on it?
any idea? thanks

Devilfish
15th March, 2009, 11:39 PM
There's a guide here...

Digital Kaos - Downloads - How to stream MP3s from your PC to your Dreambox (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/guides/3/how-stream-mp3s-your-pc-your-dreambox-19/)

utgsat
16th March, 2009, 02:43 PM
Downloaded play2dream but mcafee detected trojan play2dream?? please help, tks

foz
16th March, 2009, 06:56 PM
you do not need to down load any programs to play avi dix on your dreambox.
simply open web browser type
http://192.168.x.x (change x.x to your dreambox ip)
enter: root / dreambox (unless you have chaned it i do reccommend that you do!!!)(can not be done here)
click on stream on the left hand side bottom.
click on settings.
click on edit server settings now change this to you pc ip , then put the path in for your films eg
C:\Documents and Settings\me\My Documents\movies (put yours in not this 1 !) set dvd drive letter.
go to dreambox press yellow button, plugins, press movie player and away you go....
you have all you need ......
foz
:party::party::party:

tonygauci
21st March, 2009, 09:19 AM
enter: root / dreambox (unless you have chaned it i do reccommend that you do!!!)(can not be done here)
click on settings.
click on edit server settings now change this to you pc ip , then put the path in for your films eg
C:\Documents and Settings\me\My Documents\movies (put yours in not this 1 !) set dvd drive letter.
go to dreambox press yellow button, plugins, press movie player and away you go....
foz

Hi Thank you for the info, I did what you said and all seems working, but when I go to play the movie it is giving me an ERROR, any help please what I am missing out???? I am a NewBee :(
Thaank you.

felix1
21st March, 2009, 12:17 PM
click on settings.
foz
:party::party::party:

thanks for this foz.

but i too can not get this to work.

when u say enter root/dreambox (or password) where do we do this?

ie after loading the web interface and b4 clicking on stream on the left hand side. what do we do?

thanks again

thanks alunfennell, for that program but i cannot get it to run at all. it doesnt run after extracting.

any more help much appreciated.

tatsat
11th October, 2009, 02:59 PM
Can you stream to the older boxes (7000 and 500) in this way,it would save me loads of time having to burn films to dvd's?

Regards,
Tatsat

cgscott
11th October, 2009, 03:07 PM
Yes you can. All files will have to be converted to MPEG 2 format though.

tatsat
11th October, 2009, 03:33 PM
Cant find movie player plug in though using Dreambox 7000 and Gemini 4.6 and cant find it to download.

Regards,
Tatsat

ahmmad
18th October, 2009, 07:37 PM
:ciao::ciao:How do i connect my computer and dreambox

billy2
28th November, 2009, 05:19 PM
ok Play2Dream1.4a is now in the downloads

hondared
18th January, 2010, 02:00 PM
hi , i had downloaded the Play2Dream1.4a to watch the movies from pc to Dreambox 7020 but when i am going to Plugins and press on Movies from PC from dreambox an error is showing : /var/tuxbox/plugins/vlcf.so: undefined symbol:_ZN7Decoder5FlushEi

Can please someone help me to solve the problem.
Thanks

davvo
9th February, 2010, 11:08 PM
Mp4 files in Windows media player

as the link in alunfennell post on page 1 on this thread is dead and you still want to play Mp4 files in Windows media player install the small codec Mpegable DS Decoder below

http://codec.alshow.co.kr/down/mpegableDSdecoder-Setup.exe

porter1
14th February, 2010, 05:06 PM
thanks a lot for this info ,been trying this for ages to no avail,is there any way to stream direct from the internet and not just downloads,thanks

porter1
14th February, 2010, 10:30 PM
just watched a movie for the first time,thanks very much for the info here,cheers

mapex
3rd November, 2010, 05:27 PM
does it work on a 500hd ? tried a few times with no results

garry1312
23rd December, 2010, 04:11 AM
The way I have it set up on my DM500 is with no programs downloaded its simple. Set up a network mount if you have not already done so.

Then from there save your mp3's and Movie files in to there. Then from your dreambox press Menu then go to 'File Mode' go to the mount and you can select your movies and music from in there. It works great and im surprised no one else has mentioned it on this thread.

Saves downloading programs, or going about long winded ways. I know that it supports mp3 and AVI and im sure it other formats but cant really check at the moment as all i have in there is mp3 and avi.

Give it a try and let me know how you get on.

garry1312
28th December, 2010, 06:06 AM
sorry mate this way only accepts mpeg files, mp3 and jpg. was looking in the wrong file and lack of sleep due to being a new dad lol.

but this is still a great way of doing it if you have a fast avi to mpeg video convertor.

neoz
17th February, 2011, 11:52 AM
play2dream works fine

hitman07
17th February, 2011, 05:46 PM
does it work on dm600s?

rhurbarb
23rd February, 2011, 10:19 PM
Hi tried play2dream loaded the program ,done the settings then install and it saying please wait...... ..How long is the normal wait ?..Seems as if its crashed...Using db800 with merlin excalliber .....Thankyou...Rhurbarb

rhurbarb
23rd February, 2011, 11:00 PM
Now its coming up failed to change directory ....hmmmm ..confused.com lol

rhurbarb
24th February, 2011, 08:48 PM
all sorted here

marlingst
4th July, 2011, 06:31 PM
how do i load file on to my play2dream help

manob
6th August, 2011, 07:15 PM
Hi, Newbie here so be gentle

would this work for th Deambox DM800?

thanks in advance

skydive80
28th September, 2011, 05:45 PM
Hi there, i keep getting failed to change directory,

Can anyone help please.

Using windows 7
DM800

Many thanks

skydive80
2nd October, 2011, 07:59 PM
Hi there, i keep getting failed to change directory,

Can anyone help please.

Using windows 7
DM800

Many thanks

Anyone please help with the above please..........