PDA

View Full Version : hp laptop wont start help just fan running

seangraves
28th February, 2013, 11:46 AM
hi to all can asomeone help ive got a HP LAPTOP //MODEL DV7-4131S......THE PROBLEM IVE GOT IS THAT THE COMPUTER WAS WORKING FINE I LAFT THE COMPUTER ON WHILE I WENT TO WORK CAME BACK NOW IT WONT WORK IE ALL WHATS HAPPENING IS THAT THE FAN IS WORKING IE I CAN HEAR IT RUNNING YET THERES NOTHING HAPPENING WHEN I TRY UN PRESS ANY BUTTONS IE BLANK SCREEN ALSO IF I TURN COMPUTER OFF AND RESTART IT ...ITS JUAT SAME AS BEFORE IE BLANK SCREEN YET THE FAN IS RUNNING ..IVE TRIED PRESSING THE F9/F10 /BUTTONS ETC BUT NO JOY CAN ANYONE HELP SOLVE WHATS HAPPENING TO IT THANKS :marchmellow:

eri1987
28th February, 2013, 11:51 AM
I anything happening on the screen..any text..do u read anything?

seangraves
28th February, 2013, 12:18 PM
I anything happening on the screen..any text..do u read anything?
hi mate thanks for quick response ...theres nothing happening on the screen ..i cant get it to go into safe mode or anthing just fan running wen i turn it on uit was working fine yesterday i left it on went out canme back tryied to use it just fan running ..any ideas thanks

eri1987
28th February, 2013, 12:29 PM
You know what..

follow this please

I had the same problem with my HP DV6599. On power on the screen would stay black, no POST, nothing at all on the display. The HDD would spin up but the HDD indicator would not come on and would not boot. The DVD drive would spin up and attempt to read a disc if one was in the tray but still would not boot. I found an answer on another forum. Unplug the power, remove the battery and then hold the power button for 30 to 60 seconds. Then reattach the power and attempt a boot. It worked for me! Just shutdown, put the battery back in you're good to go. Worked for me so definitely worth a try.

lagerland
28th February, 2013, 12:29 PM
Sounds like the inverter for the screen has gone possibly...........

seangraves
28th February, 2013, 12:45 PM
hi mate thanks for reply how do i test this if it is inverter thanks

seangraves
28th February, 2013, 12:50 PM

You know what..

follow this please

I had the same problem with my HP DV6599. On power on the screen would stay black, no POST, nothing at all on the display. The HDD would spin up but the HDD indicator would not come on and would not boot. The DVD drive would spin up and attempt to read a disc if one was in the tray but still would not boot. I found an answer on another forum. Unplug the power, remove the battery and then hold the power button for 30 to 60 seconds. Then reattach the power and attempt a boot. It worked for me! Just shutdown, put the battery back in you're good to go. Worked for me so definitely worth a try.
hi mate thanks advice ..another littj=le problem the battery switch as broke off ie i cant seem to get the battery out is there any other way of getting battery out to try wot you said thanks

eri1987
28th February, 2013, 01:15 PM
well the battery should be removable..it has two clips that takes it attached to the mainboard on the back of the laptop. Try with a screw to remove it..it should be easy enough..otherwise please upload a photo of the back of the laptop

seangraves
28th February, 2013, 02:30 PM
well the battery should be removable..it has two clips that takes it attached to the mainboard on the back of the laptop. Try with a screw to remove it..it should be easy enough..otherwise please upload a photo of the back of the laptop
:marchmellow:undone screws on computer mate to release battery //////all sorted now mate did what you said all good back up un running thanks again :tee: