PDA

View Full Version : Should I get solo2 , duo, uno(2tuner) or ultimo?

boyofford
1st March, 2013, 02:52 PM
Hi all,

Ive currently got a clone dreambox 500s which performs ok.
I use it to get channels off Hotbird satelite, which I watch on the tv or have the box stream to pc running XBMC in bedroom.

Problem is you have to watch the same channel downstairs as upstairs. And I would like to stream to another room as well at the same time.

So I figure I need a dual tuner setup runing engima2 and the Vu+ boxes look higher spec for the money.

So now for the questions!

Would a dual tuner system be able to stream one channel whilst watching another? Would it be able to stream 2 channels to two Pcs?

Is the Duo of a reasonable spec for this or would it struggle?

I read that the ultimo has more flash memory, would this be a advantage/nessacery?

I've been interested in the solo2, but i've read that it only has 1 common interface, I don't understand what that is? does it matter? as otherwise it has a pretty good spec.

Any thoughts much apprecated, particularly on the subject of streaming to two Pcs.

Regards
Rich

Edit: is the coomon interface thing just the card reader thing you can add?

digicon
1st March, 2013, 03:39 PM
The Common Interface is a slot used for adding an official viewing card CAM! be it Conax,Seca,Viaccess etc...

The Solo2 would be the wisest choice for the streaming capabilities but also if you where to load Blackhole image there is a feature called virtual tuner server which allows you to add specific tuners to other devices even XBMC.

I am sorry i cannot offer anymore advice on the tuner server par as i have never used it but other people have done successfully

Regards