PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Server Maintenance

Devilfish
2nd March, 2013, 11:42 AM
Dear members,

As most of you are aware, we have been trying our best over the past few weeks to increase the performance of Digital Kaos. I've taken the decision to do some major upgrade work on the server and as a consequence, some of the features of the forum will change and we may even need to remove some. For example, the style of the forum will change, no more blue and red. The other styles will also be removed, charcoal, Christmas, etc. as they are not compatible with the latest version of software.

I know many of you are used to the site and prefer certain aspects of it but it will take a while to get it back to peak performance after the upgrade; it won't happen overnight. If the addons are compatible with the newer software versions then we'll do out best to keep them, but I can't promise they'll all remain.

I hope you understand and thank you for your patience during this time.

I'll give more notice before the work is carried out!

Regards,
Devilfish

manxspud
2nd March, 2013, 11:46 AM
Good luck with the upgrade ... look forward to seeing what kaos will look like.

lagerland
2nd March, 2013, 12:19 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooo................

gmb45
2nd March, 2013, 12:34 PM
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss cant wait :D after a while no more laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag :D

Shady
2nd March, 2013, 12:53 PM
i know of 19,143 peices of shite that can be removed

lagerland
2nd March, 2013, 01:03 PM
What a coincidence thats exactly the same amount as gmbs posts....................:eek:

gopher7
2nd March, 2013, 01:17 PM
What a coincidence thats exactly the same amount as gmbs posts....................

Real spooky that. :)

Meat-Head
2nd March, 2013, 01:44 PM
Dear members,
The other styles will also be removed, charcoal, Christmas, etc. as they are not compatible with the latest version of software.

JUST LIKE TO CONFIRM WHAT LARGERLAND IS SAYING

JUST INCASE YOU MISSED THAT HE SAID

CAN WE HAVE A LIGHT COLOUR SKIN, PRITTY PLEASE, THE DARK SKIN IS JUST WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY TOOOOO DARK - HURTS THE EYES.

I HAVED USED "CHRISTMAS 2008 SKIN" PRITTY MUCH AS SOON AS SMINOFF_RULES POINTED IT OUT. Recently tried 'Orginal' but ALWAYS *LOVE* the christmas skin.

There are other INFERIOR websites, i have looked at at work purly to LEECH information off public viewable threads, even when desprate for info, still just close the page, too dark.

thered
3rd March, 2013, 10:37 AM
Dear members,

As most of you are aware, we have been trying our best over the past few weeks to increase the performance of Digital Kaos. I've taken the decision to do some major upgrade work on the server and as a consequence, some of the features of the forum will change and we may even need to remove some. For example, the style of the forum will change, no more blue and red. The other styles will also be removed, charcoal, Christmas, etc. as they are not compatible with the latest version of software.

I know many of you are used to the site and prefer certain aspects of it but it will take a while to get it back to peak performance after the upgrade; it won't happen overnight. If the addons are compatible with the newer software versions then we'll do out best to keep them, but I can't promise they'll all remain.

I hope you understand and thank you for your patience during this time.

I'll give more notice before the work is carried out!

Regards,
Devilfish

Noooooooooo not the charcoal ffs

change is hard to take when you get older lol

Meat-Head
3rd March, 2013, 10:46 AM
Is there anyway we can protest?

I went on an InFERIOR website the other night was only on there for little time as possable. Used java or script but my computer just froze horrid experianse made worse because it was an INFERIOR dite

Meat-Head
3rd March, 2013, 08:33 PM
Dear members,

As most of you are aware, we have been trying our best over the past few weeks to increase the performance of Digital Kaos.

they are not compatible with the latest version of software.

but it will take a while to get it back to peak performance after the upgrade; it won't happen overnight. If the addons are compatible with the newer software versions

ON TOPIC:-

As your aware (you can't keep ANY secrets round here, thanks for ratting on me unkown person!) i recently posted on an *INFERIOR* website - *ONLY* because it is the ONLY place on the internet that has a discussion on the subject i was intreasted in, but

It was a *HORRID* experiancse, i'm not talking about the fact it was SOOO *INFERIOR* to DK, but it made my computer go so so slow, took like 3 mins just to read the last post, then computer froze as i tried to reply, if this 'new software' is the same as that it's going to be well pants.

If so could there be a 'mobile version' with full features, then that might help