PDA

View Full Version : computer running very slow HELP PLZ

Monkeys
3rd March, 2013, 12:52 PM
HI ALL MY COMPUTER IS RUNNING VERY SLOW WHAT CAN I DO TO SPEED IT UP. AND IS THERE ANY FREE VIRUS PROGRAMS THANKS GUYS & GALS

jaws2
3rd March, 2013, 01:19 PM
if you have not done it for a long time, and if you have all the disks / recovery partition, I would do a clean install, back up all your files first,I know its a bit of a pain doing it, but i have tried over the years with all these speed up tools, it helps a little with some of them, but for me a clean install every few years gives ours a speed up.

lagerland
3rd March, 2013, 01:20 PM
Could be a problem with your keyboard also kaps lock is stuck.............

digilox
3rd March, 2013, 01:39 PM
Could be a problem with your keyboard also kaps lock is stuck.............

lol !!

Monkeys ... on the basis that it sounds like you have no security on your pc it's most likely you have a stack of viruses on it.

As jaws2 says ... back up any important stuff ... don't back up everything or you will also back up all your viruses ... do a clean install and make sure you download avg av or avast or similar (all free) also d/l spybot search&destroy and use it on a regular basis.

No av etc is just asking for trouble ! :stupid:

eri1987
4th March, 2013, 12:17 PM
Why dont u firstly post some specs of you pc..so we can recommend smth specific

Normskii
6th March, 2013, 08:42 AM
Spy bot s and d is good make a Bart cd and install the virus software and boot from cd then scan Pc for virusses. That way you are not relying on the local OS on the hard drive to boot from. Need Pc spec though to fully advise

qazaq
11th March, 2013, 08:15 PM
Try create bootable usb flash with antivirus program .(SARDU) Multiboot USB DVD Builder | Windows | SARDU (http://www.sarducd.it/) Enjoy:top:

bazaar1984
12th March, 2013, 10:13 AM
I am using hiren's boot cd or alkid live cd. It have all necessary stuff for computer diag/repair.

Downloaded from rutracker.org

natcorporation
15th March, 2013, 10:32 PM
First, check whether the hard drive is fine simplest example program bootable HDD Regenerator, then check ram, switch the other, if the symptoms are the same check whether your computer is overheating in general. In the end, the graphics card and chipset, Alternatively, you can check the power supply to the tester. Let me know what and how. Mario

GastonJ
16th March, 2013, 02:22 AM
Hi all my computer is running very slow what can I do to speed it up, and is there any free virus programs thanks guys and gals

Plenty of free virus's out there, what you need is some anti-varis software

AVG Free | Antivirus | Free Virus Protection (http://free.avg.com/gb-en/homepage)

is better than a poke in the eye with a red hot rusty needle.

Alexandre3
18th March, 2013, 09:21 AM
This is very simple way to get out form this problem i think you have been installed so many software and apps in your computer and also some virus detect to your computer which makes slow to your system i think you should remove these all apps and keep fresh to your computer and try .......

scottie59
30th March, 2013, 12:34 AM
i personally would google filehippo. get a free anti virus and malware from that section excellent for getting updates for your programs, if you serch for speccy in that and download that tells you alll about everything on your system.

I personally use cc cleaner on regular basis lets you uninstall all the tool bars and rubbish thats on your pc in the tools section if you see anything in there you do not understand google it as you will find out if you need than item or not.

I also use defraggler of that as well on a regular basis

Hope that helps