PDA

View Full Version : re, windows install

chris31560
3rd March, 2013, 03:08 PM
hi guys,
i am trying to install windows7 on my sons laptop and its not having it, i keep grttin an error saying drivers need updating cannot complete this insallation,
so think i will try another os, so does anyone have a decent copy of xp pro or vista? if so can u pm me..cheers..chris...

cunny
3rd March, 2013, 03:12 PM
What was the laptop shipped with?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

chris31560
3rd March, 2013, 03:26 PM
hi m8, just windows xp..

chris31560
3rd March, 2013, 04:02 PM
really need some urgant help with this can someone send me a copy of windows xp please,,, pm me with it thanks..chris..

m9g
3rd March, 2013, 07:12 PM
you trying to upgrade xp to 7 or are you doing a fresh install i.e. changing the boot drive to cd and doing a format and then installing?

You dont really want to be bothering with vista, if you do have to stick to an older OS then stick with XP its far superior and more stable.

Whats the make and model of the lapper?

chris31560
3rd March, 2013, 07:44 PM
its a evesham 8375 m8, wots happend is it had windows xp on it and ive tryed to put windows 7 on and half way through it just stoped and wouldant go any further, so i am trying to put back windows xp bk on, only thing is i have no windows xp os which is why i am asking out for one off here..c..

9holly5wood4
3rd March, 2013, 07:55 PM
I would send a copy of my windows xp disk but would take ages to upload it. If you don't mind downloading torrents, here are a bunch of them.
The Pirate Bay - The galaxy's most resilient bittorrent site (http://thepiratebay.se/search/windows%20xp/0/99/0)

cunny
3rd March, 2013, 09:21 PM
Was you booting from cd/dvd or trying to instal from with windows xp

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

cliffyle
3rd March, 2013, 09:22 PM
You can download a copy of xp from digital river which is original microsoft file, just use your product key from sticker on base of laptop. Other sites are extratorrent, kickass, bitsnoop. Should'nt have had a problem with windows 7 unless your graphics card is not up to scratch. I have laptops with multi boot, one with xp and windows 8, other with windows 7 and windows 8. I'd rather use the bathroom than vista!!!

coltczt
3rd March, 2013, 09:25 PM
its a evesham 8375 m8, wots happend is it had windows xp on it and ive tryed to put windows 7 on and half way through it just stoped and wouldant go any further, so i am trying to put back windows xp bk on, only thing is i have no windows xp os which is why i am asking out for one off here..c..

Hi i have th? same problems and just wipe it and then install it again. Best regards Daniel.

m9g
3rd March, 2013, 10:28 PM
you need to say if you are putting the windows 7 dvd into the drive while xp is open and trying to install that way or if you are going into boot menu on startup and choosing dvd drive and doing a fresh install with a format of the drive

m9g
3rd March, 2013, 10:35 PM
I see from googling the spec is not very high - minimum recomendation for windows 7 is 1gig ram - your laptop has either 256 or 512meg unless you have added any.

Even if you get windows 7 on there your lapper wont benefit from it and nor will you as it will slow it down and the graphics will be pants.

Stick with XP, its a supurb OS and probably still seen as the best OS microsoft ever made.

If you do want windows 7 i suggest you get a better lapper

ferretuk
4th March, 2013, 02:18 AM
Download Power ISO 5.5 Use the create a bootable usb in tools Set the the destination of where the Image File of the operating system of your choice and click start one bootable usb drive ive tried it on a pc running windows 7 and 8 and made bootable usb pens that I installed all operating systems even Linux osx mountain lion fedora All OS save a DVD

chris31560
5th March, 2013, 03:15 PM
you need to say if you are putting the windows 7 dvd into the drive while xp is open and trying to install that way or if you are going into boot menu on startup and choosing dvd drive and doing a fresh install with a format of the drive hi m8, i am going into boot menue and trying to do a fresh insall from there changing the boot option to cd/dvd boot drive first..c

m9g
5th March, 2013, 03:24 PM
Probably not enough spec to run 7 - stick with XP

Have you got hold of XP yet? I would imagine its readily available to download if you know where to look or i'm sure there are very cheap discs on ebay

Its possible its you cd/dvd drive thats at fault. if you have access to another pc try creating as ferretuk mentions a bootable USB stick with XP on it and install with that. Theres plenty of tuts how to do it, justt google it.

Normskii
6th March, 2013, 08:29 AM
It will probably be the sata driver download the sata driver and on to a USB drive and search browse to the folder on the USB drive.

You should then be able to continue

How old is the computer

Normskii
6th March, 2013, 08:33 AM
Make sure you have a good copy of w7 I.e. no scratches on disk

scottie59
30th March, 2013, 01:02 AM
google 1337x put in windows xp and search in there plenty to download from there, also install a free copy of imgburn once downloaded if its a iso file right click it and open with imgburn and that will make a bootable cd for you...then do a fresh install using that disk i also use magis iso to extract iso files

manxspud
30th March, 2013, 01:11 AM
Late i know ... but i had a similar prob with my daughters lappy.

i put ubuntu linux on it then reinstalled windows 7 and it worked a treat ... still not sure what corrupted the original update ... but that solved it.

Wulliebhoy1967
30th March, 2013, 05:35 AM
I'd stick with xp too if I were you, they are readily availible everywhere. You might want to dban it 1st before putting anything onto it too. If your having a problem with xp once you get a disc because of the sata drivers you can download all the sata drivers needed & get a program called nlite & merge the sata drivers with the xp disc, sounds complicated but its not. As said on page 1 vista is the biggest load of crap ever.

m9g
30th March, 2013, 11:21 AM
Looks like he has sorted it and got 7 on there now, well done for that but I think you'll end up considering putting xp back on as your lappers specs are too low for 7 - ignore all the sata drivers suggestions as yours doesn't have sata

miaelker658
7th April, 2013, 07:25 PM
Yes brother, That is no problem. Here need to fixed the automatic update. Turn off the option and fix the genium software to fix all problem. You will get the genium to search in online.

R_J
8th April, 2013, 04:47 AM
Go here MSDN Subscriber Downloads (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/subscriptions/downloads/default.aspx) enter Windows Xp in Search window
Find the version you want, click on details, get the file name and search for it with google.

windows xp pro VL..... en_windows_xp_professional_with_service_pack_3_x86 _cd_vl_x14-73974.iso - Wuala (http://www.wuala.com/zxyzxy12321/ISO/en_windows_xp_professional_with_service_pack_3_x86 _cd_vl_x14-73974.iso/)

for windows xp home google: en_windows_xp_home_with_service_pack_3_x86_cd_x14-92413.iso