PDA

View Full Version : Time Machine

hoggy952
3rd March, 2013, 06:45 PM
If you had a time machine, what would be the first settings you'd put in?

Wouldn't want to go back too far. yesterday would do, just to have a butchers at the lotto numbers.

Seriously, would probably go back to the 50s and 60s. Was there ever a better time to be living in the UK?, although the 70s weren't bad if you were young and not scared by all the economic and industrial crises going on a the time.

and I'd like to see the moment my parents first met...

thered
3rd March, 2013, 08:28 PM

Wouldn't want to go back too far. yesterday would do, just to have a butchers at the lotto numbers.

Seriously, would probably go back to the 50s and 60s. Was there ever a better time to be living in the UK?, although the 70s weren't bad if you were young and not scared by all the economic and industrial crises going on a the time.

Is that to stop them?

Or do you want to pinch her off dad in some weird fantasy?

Is it a good idea, it may destroy you as a person no doubt if i went back to see my mam she would be getting banged all over and i find that me dads anyone of a threesome lol

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

hoggy952
3rd March, 2013, 09:17 PM
Is that to stop them?

Or do you want to pinch her off dad in some weird fantasy?

No.. no... no... !!!! the moment their eyes met in the queue for the school library or,,, whatever it was !

thered
3rd March, 2013, 09:30 PM
No.. no... no... !!!! the moment their eyes met in the queue for the school library or,,, whatever it was !

I can picture it now all wet with exitement waiting for the latest mills and boon book to come out. Then dads telling all his mates later to sniff his fingers

Sorry :eek:

RedSpider
3rd March, 2013, 09:36 PM
The problem with time travel is....

If you travel back in time with a cure to a fatal disease in order to prevent a family member from dying then, having done that, your future self would never have had to travel back in time to do so in the first place.

If you travel into the future to see your future self, you would soon find out how idiotic a task you've set yourself. You would be in a future where you have ceased to exist because you disappeared from the timeline the minute you hit 88 mph.

Besides that, your mum would want to shag you and you'ld have to invent skateboards.
Are you ready for that sort of commitment?

hoggy952
3rd March, 2013, 09:56 PM
There are a few things I'd like to go back and see...Romans landing UK/Ice age,mammoths etc/Prehistoric man...But I have a feeling none of us modern types would survive for long in the past.

thered
3rd March, 2013, 10:15 PM
There are a few things I'd like to go back and see...Romans landing UK/Ice age,mammoths etc/Prehistoric man...But I have a feeling none of us modern types would survive for long in the past.

On a serious note id like to see lots of things. The start would be a good point. See how we got here and see what was around, see if it was made in 7 days. Id go to the year 0 in between bc and ad to see if jesus was real and Id try and find moses to see if he could part the sea then id record it to piss david blaine off.
Id see the dinosaurs see whar happened. Id like to go to 19th early 20th century see what it was like in workhouse and them sexy ladies in corsets. Instead of tescos in pyjamas when ladies were ladies and not potty mouth tramps then id go to the sixties and get in before ringo. Then after that i would go back to my life and change the shit bits

hoggy952
3rd March, 2013, 10:25 PM
Jesus Christ!! lol

Meat-Head
3rd March, 2013, 10:36 PM
Well that sounds cool, there are moments in time where yes would love to go to, be there, like tracy Barlow went to some shit hole a week before i did, missed that.

Like just before xmas, there was a funky fire, would love to have gone back, grabbed the fuel, ( a LOT of it), a few other 'bits and pieces' that went in the fire, then watch what caused the fire and then returned back to life, back to reality.

GastonJ
3rd March, 2013, 10:40 PM

I'd go back, mug the inventor of the time machine, make it myself, zip forward and win the lottery a few times and then sit back n watch you lot without a time machine :D

Meat-Head
3rd March, 2013, 10:44 PM
I'd go back, mug the inventor of the time machine, make it myself, zip forward and win the lottery a few times and then sit back n watch you lot without a time machine :D

tosser :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

digicon
3rd March, 2013, 10:47 PM
have you lot never heard of the space time continuum and any ripples caused by time travel which result in the traveller returning to an alternate timeline ( see BTTF Part2 ).

Not for me thanks too risky :roflmao:

GastonJ
3rd March, 2013, 10:49 PM
Stealing the plans and building the time machine myself would stop any such problems lol

Travelling forwards in time has never been a problem, we all do it quite well.

Meat-Head
3rd March, 2013, 11:02 PM
ON TOPIC:-

Rumor going around says, that if Superman really did circle the earth and make it spin counter clcok wise, the most he would have gained was 30 seconds because blah blah can't remember.

super jumbe
3rd March, 2013, 11:08 PM
Why any 1 wants to go back in time you do not want to bump into 1930 Adolf v Winston???. :canabis: :canabis: :roflmao:

Meat-Head
3rd March, 2013, 11:11 PM
Why any 1 wants to go back in time you do not want to bump into 1930 Adolf v Winston???. :canabis: :canabis: :roflmao:

OH yeah, would *LOVE* to meet Adlof, just go back a little earlier and relearn his default software with Inglish.

Oh in that case, just after the WW II when BMC were offered VW and some donkey said "nah that's NOT going to make money"

BACK IN TIME, yes LOTS of times where the germans have brought Inglish companies and dissolved them, go back in time and buy german comapnys for pennies and disolve them. :eviltongue:

RedSpider
4th March, 2013, 11:32 AM

Why not? Adolf wasn't such a massive d**k in 1930 and Churchill was unemployed after leaving his job as Chancellor of the Exchequer.
Besides that, I'm pretty sure that Churchill would be nice enough. No need to worry about him because he clearly didn't spend his childhood being bullied like Adolf did.

firemouth
4th March, 2013, 01:01 PM
have you lot never heard of the space time continuum and any ripples caused by time travel which result in the traveller returning to an alternate timeline ( see BTTF Part2 ).

Not for me thanks too risky :roflmao:

I would suggest that the mere fact of travelling back in time HAS already changed the time line.
the question is does it destroy the original, time line, or just start a new one?
but, if it starts a new one, can you ever get back to the old one?

as for the "space time continuum"?
I'm unsure what that has to do with it.
as all that is, is a mathematical construct that describes our reality.

manxspud
4th March, 2013, 02:57 PM
I would go back to the night i had my Scorpio Cosworth Estate
pinched and burnt out ... with a f**king big meat cleaver. 10yrs i had that car and it passed every mot no probs. would not be worried about any ripple effects lol

Shady
4th March, 2013, 03:19 PM
Like many others i would do the lottery thing, I would also go back and kill Lee clarks mom before he was born.

I would go back and batter my younger self because i was a dick.

elplicko
4th March, 2013, 03:52 PM
i would go back and irradicate my sisters lol i was only lad with 5 sisters then win lottery and move to nice island with kylie minogue :)

Meat-Head
4th March, 2013, 03:58 PM
and kill Lee clarks mom
I would go back and batter my younger self because i was a dick.

1) Who?

2) No doesn't matter, you didn't get where you are today by not being a dick

RedSpider
4th March, 2013, 03:58 PM
i would go back and irradicate my sisters lol i was only lad with 5 sisters then win lottery and move to nice island with kylie minogue :)

kylie minogue now or from the past?

Canker_Canison
5th March, 2013, 02:59 PM
Most people seem to want to win the lottery. But why? Surely it would be more fun to rob banks & jewelers. I could go back to November 2000 & hit every bank in the area, safe in the knowledge that my past self has a rock solid alibi serving two weeks jury service.

I missed the 60's and all that free love. I'd bung Bill Gates $10,000 for a 50% share in his company. Pop back to the mid 70's & tell Freddie to keep it wrapped up at all times. Make sure Simon Cowell went bankrupt by the late 80's, destined to live out his days pissed under a bridge in London. Go back to the crusades & tell Richard not to bother, germany would make a better 2nd home if he could remove the locals.
Suppose I could go back & change a few things in my life. Stop myself from getting involved with certain females & slip it to those I turned away. But then I wouldn't be the person I am today....don't know if that would be good or bad.

Lainie
5th March, 2013, 10:58 PM
too many to list

prevent from happening

dunblane
hillsborough
ibrox
jamie bulger
moors victims

thats just the ones i can think of just now

Meat-Head
6th March, 2013, 12:30 AM
too many to list

prevent from happening

Well just becarefull as there is an INFERIOR website that is a copy of dk
Had that not exsited thrre would be no dk

Would love to go back and punch whoever invented adobe flash player 'adchoices' more shit that judt slows your computer doen

thicktrunk
6th March, 2013, 04:41 PM
id go back to 1996 when I lost that fiver somewhere in devon!!!!!!

hoggy952
6th March, 2013, 10:59 PM
id go back to 1996 when I lost that fiver somewhere in devon!!!!!!
I found it and bought fish and chips with it and even had some change lol

maaonii
9th March, 2013, 12:11 AM
I'd go back to medievel... to invent stuff that are already invented today

prostkxy
13th March, 2013, 01:43 PM
i would go back and make sure Liverpool football club were never invented.

RedSpider
13th March, 2013, 04:04 PM
I'ld go back just a few minutes and prevent myself from posting this comment.

ecufix
7th April, 2013, 05:24 PM
Here is the proof that it is possible , please check the date .

firestorm
7th April, 2013, 09:52 PM
Whitehall Tuesday, 30 January 1649

Meat-Head
7th April, 2013, 10:12 PM
Here is the proof that it is possible , please check the date .

Sodding iphone can you explain please?

GastonJ
7th April, 2013, 11:30 PM
Whitehall Tuesday, 30 January 1649

What's the death of Charles 1st got to do with anything other than if he hadn't lost we'd probably have no MP's.... on second thoughts what a good idea :)

lcman07
7th April, 2013, 11:41 PM
i totally agree

ecufix
8th April, 2013, 08:13 AM
Sorry that pic was to small

hoggy952
9th April, 2013, 05:03 PM
I would like to go back to 1966 world cup final.I Don't think I will ever see England win the world cup in my life time.

phil-h
17th April, 2013, 12:49 AM
I'd go back try to keep some people from going to an early grave. I'd tell SRV not to go to the choppa and cosh that cu*t mark Chapman before he could pull a trigger.

As for politicians, I'd give every single one of them a pixie or whatever to sit on their shoulder, and every time they told a lie then the pixie would scream out that he's a liar, and say what they really intend.

Paedos would glow bright green, in the dark and the daylight.

Owners who let their dogs sh*t everywhere would find that their dogs turds would magically teleport into their beds, thus keeping the pavements nice and clear.

That would do for starters :)

kingy555
17th April, 2013, 01:14 PM
My list of things id do is that long it wont let me post it haha.

Where do i start...

Meat-Head
17th April, 2013, 01:38 PM
Sorry that pic was to small

sorry can you explain what your refering to - for the thick retards in this thread - (not me)

Thanksss

GastonJ
17th April, 2013, 07:02 PM

sorry can you explain what your refering to - for the thick retards in this thread - (not me)

Thanksss

The p-i-c-t-u-r-e was too s-m-a-l-l to see properly..... or the screenshot wasn't large enough for people view without really great vision and a 3000inch monitor.

Happy now? :)