PDA

View Full Version : vu+duo no display

NICETOBNICE
5th March, 2013, 08:05 PM
Hi there gentlemen how the devil are you

i have had a nightmare over the past few week i purchased an vu+plus duo off ebay and cant get the display to work the seller said it was working fine and really cant be bothered to send it back as its getting complicated can anyone point me in the right directioin ?

dell_xps
5th March, 2013, 08:19 PM
Bit more info m8, what display ?, the actual TV picture ?

NICETOBNICE
5th March, 2013, 08:31 PM
Bit more info m8, what display ?, the actual TV picture ?

Sorry mate the front of the duo

I can see the red led on the front panel but no display at all

dell_xps
5th March, 2013, 10:08 PM
Is it a clone ?, if so search red light, all will be revealed.

NICETOBNICE
5th March, 2013, 10:11 PM
Is it a clone ?, if so search red light, all will be revealed.
Hi mate yes its a clone what do you mean red light all will be revealed ?

NICETOBNICE
5th March, 2013, 10:17 PM
The box works fine just the display panel does not show any tex at all just the red led when in standby

cactikid
5th March, 2013, 10:33 PM
ehh the box does not work fine,how many warnings were out there for those duos,i hope it goes well for you and you have bought a bad one.

DOUGALMCD
5th March, 2013, 11:11 PM
You could try and open the box and check the connections to the display haven't come loose. Obviously with the box disconnected from the mains.

digicon
6th March, 2013, 01:27 AM
The connector from the main board to the display is the standard ribbon cable and is easily accessed when you remove the lid, Just check that it is full inserted at the Board end as well as the display.

portbhoy
6th March, 2013, 11:30 AM
It's more than likely that the particular part of the psu that powers the display has failed, these dodgy clone psu's throw up all sorts of weird problems. I had one that wouldn't go into deep standby and a new PSU fixed it. But in saying all that I have heard of the display failing before and it was just the display.

iceman325
6th March, 2013, 01:29 PM
I also have the same problem and have replaced the front LCD panel and also the PSU but the problem has not been fixed. It looks like i need a new mainboard to fix the issue.