PDA

View Full Version : Pc restarting

siri+uk
5th March, 2013, 09:08 PM
Hi guys

Just got a 1.5tb 2.5" toshiba usb 3 external hard drive, when the drive is connected to usb on pc i have no probs, when it's connected to the usb3 pci-e card in the pc when I shut down the pc it restarts instead of shutting down, if I disconnect the drive it shuts down fine. I also have a 3.5" usb 3 drive connected to the card that lets the pc shutdown ok, anyone any ideas apart from disconnecting the drive all the time.

TIA

Canker_Canison
5th March, 2013, 09:47 PM
Try changing your boot settings in the Bios to ensure the HDD with windows instalation is the first boot device.

Normskii
6th March, 2013, 08:48 AM
If the OS does not shutdown properly it will restart. Could be firmware on the drive or USB 3.0 drivers. Looks like hardware is new so could be issues with incompatability.

Normskii
6th March, 2013, 08:49 AM
Have you tried the drive in another Pc with USB 3 that would rule out the card

XRay333
6th March, 2013, 08:30 PM
Every time I've seen a computer reboot on it's own (unless you have the BIOS set to wake on/for USB) is a Hardware or Drive problem. Be sure you have the latest drivers and as stated before, try on another computer to rule out bad card.

cunny
6th March, 2013, 10:30 PM
Hi guys

Just got a 1.5tb 2.5" toshiba usb 3 external hard drive, when the drive is connected to usb on pc i have no probs, when it's connected to the usb3 pci-e card in the pc when I shut down the pc it restarts instead of shutting down, if I disconnect the drive it shuts down fine. I also have a 3.5" usb 3 drive connected to the card that lets the pc shutdown ok, anyone any ideas apart from disconnecting the drive all the time.

TIA

Reset your bios to default settings

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Alexandre3
18th March, 2013, 09:18 AM
Mmmm i think your computer detected some virus and this is why your computer is restarting you just install a anti virus software and then remove the virus and try again.....

lagerland
18th March, 2013, 10:21 AM
Mmmm i think your computer detected some virus and this is why your computer is restarting you just install a anti virus software and then remove the virus and try again.....

Really it could also be a number of different things ie heatsink on cpu full of dust and crap causing it to overheat and restart.......................

:wink:

Dont be down on the viruses its not allways the cause..............