PDA

View Full Version : Problem setting up Vix Mgcamd on new Solo2!

JapCarMad
6th March, 2013, 01:37 AM
Hi guys can someone please help! have crawled this forum and the net for hours now and can not understand whats going on here...

Ok, just got a new solo2 box which so far is awesome! I flashed it with latest version vix image from their downloads section. I am now trying to get mgcamd working on it which is definitely not going to plan. I have downloaded the .ipk from the vix cams site and installed it on the box via USB, it shows up in cams and will run, the only problem is it did not come with config files! This has been talked about on many threads and nobody has replied with an answer?

In usr/keys or var/keys there is nothing, why? Have vix excluded config files for some reason?

In softcams folder it shows the mgcamd file so it is def installed.

I have installed the correct image and mgcamd for the box.

Can someone PLEASE explain what i have to do to get this working?

THANK YOU!

digicon
6th March, 2013, 01:47 AM
The config files are normally kept inside with the .ipk installer and they should be there in usr/keys folder if not that probably means that Vix have taken all config files out when they arranged the .ipk files.

I cannot speak for the Vix cams as i use Blackhole on my Solo2 and the .ipk for this has all the config files installed when you install the Cam

JapCarMad
6th March, 2013, 01:54 AM
Hi Digicon, thanks for your response. I opened the .ipk in 7zip and only the mgcamd file was in there, further exploration and there was only the files that make up the emu, not the config files. Either the latest vix image does not support the .ipk or as you suggested; vix have removed config files

digicon
6th March, 2013, 02:09 AM
Hi Digicon, thanks for your response. I opened the .ipk in 7zip and only the mgcamd file was in there, further exploration and there was only the files that make up the emu, not the config files. Either the latest vix image does not support the .ipk or as you suggested; vix have removed config files

Hi Mate,

Just checked some very old Vix cams i had from around 3 years ago and they dont contain any config files as well, where as the Blackhole ones do.

Install TSPanel onto the image and download the Cam again from one of the servers on there and i would imagine the config files will be included.

Regards

JapCarMad
6th March, 2013, 06:30 AM
Apparently tspanel not supported anymore on latest vix but I got it working anyway.. Done a lot of searching and got the appropriate config file for my box, everything seems to be working ok! Correct config for mgcamd is crucial or major picture problems

ramjet
6th March, 2013, 08:10 AM
its worth pointing out that when these emus started to appear a few years ago they were usually in 2 parts. one had the bin file and script to run it , and the second was in the config section as a download too. so you usually had 2 downloads for the whole thing , binary only and config only. sometimes there was a combined FULL option which is what we are used to using now. but you can usually do the above and get configs from other downloads and put them in yourself or use a full installer from tspanel

JapCarMad
6th March, 2013, 06:01 PM
thanks ramjet, i will try and install tspanel anyway as it sounds like a good plugin, could you direct me to the latest file? I am on the very latest VIX 3 image. All help is always highly appreciated