PDA

View Full Version : TomTom Navigator 7

rotara
11th March, 2009, 07:03 PM
Hi

I keep reading about folks using TomTom Navigator 7 on their Windows Mobile device, I'm looking to buy this bit of software for my HTC TyTN II, but I can't find it anywhere for sale..! I Keep getting directed to TomTom Home which has only got version 6 for sale. I'm in the UK by the way.

Any tips?
Cheers

mrbutt89
7th April, 2009, 09:12 AM
Hi rotara.

I'll be interested to see if anyone has an answer to this too.

I've just got a second hand Touch Cruise, and since it has GPS on it, I thought I might as well use it. But I've been looking on the TomTom site, and they say they won't update any of the maps for Navigator 6. I can't see any point in paying good money for old maps, so if I can't get Navigator 7 and make it work, then I'll probably cut my losses and drop TomTom altogether.

Fingers crossed...

madmaz
10th October, 2009, 12:14 AM
Hi Rotara and Mrbutt89.

I have an HTC tytn II Kaiser inthe form of a V.1615 (lovely bit of kit) and wanted tomtom (any) as long as it worked. Bought tt5 and eventually tt6 off ebay, and both worked a treat as long as you have an external bluetooth gps receiver. A bit of surfin and I discover that to use the internal gps on my Kaiser you need tt6.2 (I think or poss tt6.02) or tomtom7 which finds the internal GPS all on its own.
Long story short, found tt7 on a torrent download, thepiratebay.org with maps for uk and western europe (you choose). THe info says it was taken off an HTC Diamond and after downloading it and following the install instructions I have a fully working version of tt7 (but no speed cameras) which I am still trying to find.

I've tried to point you in the right direction. I have on my hdd somewhere my tt7 download but it's just short of 1Gig and I haven't yet sussed how to make that available here.

Hope this help's? answer your questions. All the best.:barscarf:

mrbutt89
10th October, 2009, 02:21 PM
Thanks, madmaz. In the end, I gave up on TomTom and went for CoPilot instead, and have just updated to CoPilot Live 8. It's great.