PDA

View Full Version : Help please which chip to read???

ghostridersa
6th March, 2013, 10:33 PM
Good day members of DK

I have a Opel Corsa C 2005 in my shop which has a electric windows problem and I have traced the problem back to a faulty body control unit. I have a spare unit but don't have the pin for the spare unit and I am hoping that some of the DK members will take a look at the photos I have attached here and advise me on which chip to read to get the pin code.

Many thanks in advance

cleevesy
6th March, 2013, 10:51 PM
should be a 93c46 you can just swap the eeprom from faulty bcm to good as it will probley be a hardware fault

ghostridersa
6th March, 2013, 11:33 PM
I don't see any 93c46 on the board.

should be a 93c46 you can just swap the eeprom from faulty bcm to good as it will probley be a hardware fault

dijo
7th March, 2013, 01:05 AM
I don't see any 93c46 on the board.

As I remember, it is 93c66

cagatay87
8th March, 2013, 09:17 PM
Good day members of DK

I have a Opel Corsa C 2005 in my shop which has a electric windows problem and I have traced the problem back to a faulty body control unit. I have a spare unit but don't have the pin for the spare unit and I am hoping that some of the DK members will take a look at the photos I have attached here and advise me on which chip to read to get the pin code.

Many thanks in advance

take detailed pictures of board.all 8 pins. it have to be c66 also i am sure.

demodamota
12th March, 2013, 12:58 AM
hello all , Mr cagatay87 I have the same problem.

Any result ?

best regards

Dunker
12th March, 2013, 01:23 AM
In the ones I have seen it is a 93c66. Also, not always swappable - sometimes it doesn't work - maybe a firmware version issue (or me being crap). Pin code in BCM 93c66 seems to be in same place though. I've also successfully swapped older BCM's into the newer vehicles (there are definitely at least two different PCB types). Just get the pin from BCM before fitting. Either reset pin there and then or fit in car and reset via OP-COM or whatever then enter the cars pin number and re-configure.

In 93c66:

Pin @ 0x52, 0x53, 0x54 and 0x55

Digit 1 @ 0x53
Digit 2 @ 0x52
Digit 3 @ 0x55
Digit 4 @ 0x54

Pin Reset, all 4 locations := 0x00

(Also, please re-title thread to something pertaining to the content - eg. 2005 Corsa C BCM etc. etc.)

demodamota
12th March, 2013, 01:32 AM
Tks Mr Dunker for your replay , in my case the electric windows dont work , have you any scheme or picture from that BCM ? Tks in advance
My bcm have the 93C66

In the ones I have seen it is a 93c66. Also, not always swappable - sometimes it doesn't work - maybe a firmware version issue (or me being crap). Pin code in BCM 93c66 seems to be in same place though. I've also successfully swapped older BCM's into the newer vehicles (definitely at least two different PCB types). Just get the pin from BCM before fitting. Either reset pin there and then or fit in car and reset via OP-COM or whatever then enter the cars pin number and re-configure.

In 93c66:

Pin @ 0x52, 0x53, 0x54 and 0x55

Digit 1 @ 0x53
Digit 2 @ 0x52
Digit 3 @ 0x55
Digit 4 @ 0x54

Pin Reset, all 4 locations := 0x00

Dunker
12th March, 2013, 01:38 AM
I think the only wiring info I have ever needed on these was from Autodata. The BCM's are very easy to change and very easy to come by. They do cause all manner of faults. The scrap yards are full of Corsa C cars so I would be just getting one to try mate.

ghostridersa
12th March, 2013, 03:59 AM
If your electric windows don't work then the problem is not in the body control unit. The problem will be in the black control unit which sits behind the cubbyhole in a right hand drive corsa c. Look at my photos in my first post.

Tks Mr Dunker for your replay , in my case the electric windows dont work , have you any scheme or picture from that BCM ? Tks in advance
My bcm have the 93C66