PDA

View Full Version : Vu+Duo Tuner Configuration nightmare!!

pj4d
7th March, 2013, 10:59 PM
Hi folks,

I have a fixed dish (my old sly) and I have both Tuners A & B set exactly the same as advised :
Simple
Single
28.2E
No

However I have not been able to record on one channel and watch another.
I was under the impression that these beasts are twin tuners...

I am running the latest Vix and have also tried changing the preferred tuner to Auto, Tuner A and Tuner B, still nothing !!!

Please help somebody as this is driving me insane !!!

digicon
8th March, 2013, 01:39 AM
Hi folks,

I have a fixed dish (my old sly) and I have both Tuners A & B set exactly the same as advised :
Simple
Single
28.2E
No

However I have been able to record on one channel and watch another.
I was under the impression that these beasts are twin tuners...

I am running the latest Vix and have also tried changing the preferred tuner to Auto, Tuner A and Tuner B, still nothing !!!

Please help somebody as this is driving me insane !!!

Its setup correct i was always under the impression that Tuner A or is it B takes preference for recording while leaving the other tuner free, That could be in auto where it prefers tuner A i know the Vix boys always suggest leaving a fixed dish on Tuner A but you have a fixed on both so thats not an issue.

Might be a case of having to reflash the image to see if that cures it.

brione
8th March, 2013, 09:19 PM
Hey buddy

I take it you do have 2 cables attached to the box don't want to sound cheeky, but sometimes it can be simple things.

Also are you trying to record encrypted channels. Try recording BBC 1 while watching BBC 2 and see if that works. I had a similar problem when using mgcamd and would just get a black recording. I got it working in the end but it was a pain. I now use cccam and have never had the problem again.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Brione

manster
8th March, 2013, 10:16 PM
Set Tuner B as " Equal to tuner A " not as a single tuner

IAmATeaf
11th March, 2013, 10:57 AM
I've got both my tuners set to simple, 28.2E etc.. and can record 1 whilst watching another.

I'd check the feeds to make sure they are OK, set the box up with only tuner A configured and plug a feed in to make sure the picture clears and then disconnect that and plug the other cable to make sure that clears.

Then repeat the above for tuner B, so configure it as the only tuner and make sure the channels clear with both cables.

This will confirm that both your cables and both tuners work.