PDA

View Full Version : Cross EPG - not populating??

borderfox
8th March, 2013, 01:24 AM
Hi. Have vu solo (clone) v2 running blackhole 1.7.9.

As best I understand, I've configured cross epg as per instructions I found elsewhere on the net. However, when I go to the epg itself, hardly anything is updated.

I have configured Cross to store data on a 500mb usb drive. Is this sufficient space?

I also 'mounted' the pen drive in case that might help. ( I don't have a hard drive installed).

I'd be grateful for any direction n' suggestions.

digicon
8th March, 2013, 01:34 AM
Hi. Have vu solo (clone) v2 running blackhole 1.7.9.

As best I understand, I've configured cross epg as per instructions I found elsewhere on the net. However, when I go to the epg itself, hardly anything is updated.

I have configured Cross to store data on a 500mb usb drive. Is this sufficient space?

I also 'mounted' the pen drive in case that might help. ( I don't have a hard drive installed).

I'd be grateful for any direction n' suggestions.

500mb is plenty of space for the EPG first off which EPG are you trying to populate is it on 28.2? east for instance if so then you would be best advised in the CrossEPG settings download the EPG from OpenTV only select just the 28.2? one exit and always have yes where it says reload on boot.

Ok OpenTV takes the EPG direct from the $ly Transponder stream and so does not have to rely on rytecs download server working.

Secondly the 'Yes' for reload on reboot is so if you switch to standby and switch back on the EPG is taken from the USB stick you have installed and thrown back in the Ram memery as this is where it is stored while the receiver is switched on.

Regards

dougm1970
25th March, 2013, 10:33 AM
i have cross epg, but have no options menu to make sure its being stored on usb flash drive.....it came pre-installed on the box (vu+ duo...latest vix)
my issue is that when it updates it populates for maybe a day and a half only.....whereas on my dreambox 800 upstairs it populates for the week.

when i click 'menu' when in the plugin i dont see options for storing on usb.

dougm1970
25th March, 2013, 11:53 AM
scrub that...sorted.

Aindriu
25th March, 2013, 12:36 PM
I have just upgraded to the latest BH build and EPG (built in or cross EPG) do not download anything. Is this a 'feature' of the new build and does anyone out there no a fix -or better EPG addon perhaps?

digicon
25th March, 2013, 12:44 PM
I have just upgraded to the latest BH build and EPG (built in or cross EPG) do not download anything. Is this a 'feature' of the new build and does anyone out there no a fix -or better EPG addon perhaps?

Did you setup Crossepg on the new image to either download from Rytecs server or OpenTV perhaps as this is not done automatically you have to do this yourself

mo0g
5th April, 2013, 07:34 AM
I dont have a motorised disk, just 28.2, so as previous poster suggests ONLY select the 28.2 OpenTV option, and I also set the option to automatic download AND the new (I think!) option to allow download when in standby.

Aindriu
5th April, 2013, 03:24 PM
Did you setup Crossepg on the new image to either download from Rytecs server or OpenTV perhaps as this is not done automatically you have to do this yourself
Mine is all sorted. There have been a few issues with the RytecSkyUK feed apparently. I changed to openTV and all is cool.